🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 42 — 12.5 Cups of Summah

Let us cherish our last few moments of summah before the drab and dreary non-summah seasons take over. Let us spend the twilight of the finest season enjoying charts and the delightful Todd Barry. Let us learn what is on the Billboard Country Singles Chart and what the heck Straw Dogs is about. Let us enjoy Todd's impression of dubstep music and a rousing game of Chart Piata. And most importantly, let us design Who Charted? themed cups and koozies for a chance to win the 12.5 Cups of Summah. Goodbye summah. We'll miss you dearly.

Yeah, Todd could do the vocals on any dubstep track. I absolutely loved the "Chart Pinata" intro song. Howard, turn up the vocals a little bit and release it as a ring tone!

• Like 1

How great to hear the dreamy & funny Todd Barry on WC. Getting my iTunes ready for Who Chanted. Also, re: Des Moines, Howard, we would love to have you!

I consider Coachella to be the official start of summah. Therefore, I propose that you take a trip to Target, pick up one of those tailgating tents, pitch your own Who Charted? tent at Coachella next year, and have a summah. If you happen to see a slip n slide while you are out, pick that up too.

Kulap mentioned whocharted.com - looks like there might be a site coming there sometime in the future?

• Like 1

Summah here with your I Dream of Jeanie info: it was set in Cocoa Beach! As a kid I watched A LOT of Nick at Nite. And my "pretend time" consisted of my friend and I playing Jeanie and Samantha from Bewitched (I was Samantha. As an 8-year-old I already knew that I would never be dictated by a "master")

I totally had the idea to make a dubstep song out of this episode before H&K even brought it up, I'm gonna try to do it. Very interested in the 12.5 cups contest as well.

Awesome episode, Todd Barry is hilarious, I think his realization that the chart game was about him was my favorite yet, this is why you shouldn't tell the guests ahead of time, it's always funny to hear them figure it out and be confused by Howard's weirdly worded clues.

Oh Kulap, I love you, but there are seven Harry Potter books. There are eight movies because they split "Deathly Hallows" into two parts.

It's cool, though. You pick charts from the orchards like no other.

• Like 1

that was great, todd is so funny...

i hae to vote that you guys dont warn the guest that the last chart is about them

My favorite part of this episode was Howard's reaction to Todd Barry having never seen Jaws. For some reason his "WHAT" made me laugh so much and I kept rewinding and relistening.

Todd Barry's dubstep impression was hot, not to mention spot on.
So I was thinking to remix it, but then I decided to use it alongside Alex Taylor's acappella Movie Chart theme from the same episode (hope you don't mind, Alex) for a dubstep RE-remix of the Movie Chart Theme:
listen: http://soundcloud.com/3chroma/mr-pete-dubstep-movie-chart
comment: http://www.earwolf.com/forums/topic.php?id=1689

• Like 1

I loved Kulap's reaction to Drive! Howard either needs to see more movies that aren't called Jaws, or he needs to let Kulap talk more about the movies she's seen.

-Tom

• Like 1

I love these things separately but apparently not mixed

I'm the opposite, I only sampled it cause it's Who Charted, but just went on to prove they can get anyone to functional level. The completion-to-dud ratio so far is about 60/1, the best for such a long running pod. I'll retry #40 should I catch up, just for the f of it.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this