14 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Kerfufflo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:32 AM

Hey everyone!
I've wanted to start an SNL blog for awhile, just don't want to be the sole writer. Would anyone be interested in this? I will handle the
technical aspects if you want to submit some articles!

#2 Robert Strawsburg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:26 PM

Are we talking just modern SNL or look backs or what? I might like to contribute.

#3 danton d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 07:42 PM

if you would like a graphic designer, i would be on board. Info in the other thread on here.

#4 savvyveteran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 September 2011 - 09:23 PM

That sounds fun! I'd love to help out.

#5 Mark Kerfufflo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:39 AM

Awesome. I hope I wasn't deceptive in posting this in "Jobs" as this includes no pay.

@robstraws it would span the entire life of the show. So to answer your question, both.

@danton d I will definitely take you up on this.

My vision is a magazine style blog with a weekly review of the show, random articles on cast members, characters, SNL related bits of news, sketch of the day, etc.

I'd like to get a core group of writers that can do one article a week. Does that sound like something any of you could do?

#6 Robert Strawsburg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 06:22 AM

Yeah that sounds awesome. Hit me up, my name here links to my twitter, easy way to get to me.

#7 savvyveteran

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 10:54 PM

Me too! I can also be reached through Twitter, and if that's not convenient, you can email me at kylereinhard at Gmail.

#8 danton d

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 08:29 AM

@Ian

sweet, I'm itching to do stuff for free. my email is dantond16 @ gmail .com so just hit me up on there

#9 Chase Roper

what am I even supposed to put here?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Locationtwitter.com/chaseroper

Posted 12 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

I don't mean to spoil the party by playing devil's advocate, but isn't this what the actual SNL website basically is? How will plan on drawing traffic away from that site?

#10 Robert Strawsburg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

Because we know way more about SNL than the people working there duh.

#11 Allen P. Williams

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 211 posts
  • LocationSt. Charles, MO

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:54 PM

Hey, I'd be down to help write some stuff as well. Here's some links to get a hold of me:
www.twitter.com/allenpwilliams www.facebook.com/allenpwilliams www.youtube.com/allenpwilliams
There, that wasn't redundant at all!

#12 Sarp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 12:25 PM

I'd love to help. i'm 33 years old. Been a huge SNL fan since as far back as I can remember. Live through many cast changes, have tons of experience watching the show. Love it the more i watch it. you can reach me on twitter @astroturk or sizzarp at gmail dot com.

Thanks!!!!

#13 Mark Kerfufflo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:39 AM

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't really contacted everyone yet. Still wanna do it but actual paying gigs get in the way. I'll hit you all up in the new year.

@Chase Roper and robstraws, good point. This blog would provide an unbiased point of view of the show.

#14 Mark Kerfufflo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 December 2011 - 10:44 AM

Hey guys. Sorry I haven't really contacted everyone yet. Still wanna do it but actual paying gigs get in the way. I'll hit you all up in the new year.

@Chase Roper and robstraws, good point. This blog would provide an unbiased point of view of the show.

Anyone who's interested that hasn't provided their email, could you do so? Twitter is a little more difficult. Go ahead and contact me at ianbauer@email.com (it's legit)

Happy New Year, everyone!

#15 klem_johansen

Sea Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 448 posts
  • LocationIndianapolis

Posted 10 December 2012 - 09:59 AM

I follow SNL like a sports team. This is because I am a nerd and have no real knowledge of or passion for sports of any kind. I consider this season a strong rebuilding year, a few fumbles and other poorly applied sports metaphors have also occurred.

I think the domain itwasfunnier10yearsagowhenIwatched.com is available.