🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 9 (JammerLea's Pick)

When it's my turn, I'm gonna wait until 11:59 PM on Monday to announce my movie.

• Like 9

When it's my turn, I'm gonna wait until 11:59 PM on Monday to announce my movie.

tenor.gif

• Like 10

Ah well, no Musical Monday pick this week. Got to find something else to do.

tumblr_lyzx27Eiet1qku5wbo1_500.gif

• Like 8

I'm gonna bet money on Jammer is at work and she's gonna be like this when she gets here

tumblr_lr0vrf7DxD1ql4zn7o1_400.gif

• Like 9

Ah well, no Musical Monday pick this week. Got to find something else to do.

tumblr_lyzx27Eiet1qku5wbo1_500.gif

If you haven't, you should go listen to the three songs released from the soundtrack to the Groundhog Day musical (written by your homie Tim Minchin).

• Like 4

Whoa sorry, I slept in for a while because I wasn't feeling well.

I know originally I promised regret with my joining in on this activity, but see, I was originally thinking about The Monkees movie Head, however, the music in it is more done in a music video type way and the songs are rather spaced out, so it wouldn't have been a good pic. It is definitely an awful movie though, if you're looking for that sort of torture. It's basically a bizarre protest to their manufactured image. BUT ANYWAY

To be quite honest, I do get anxiety about choosing movies (my roommate knows this well), which is part of why I was reluctant to join in. I have no confidence in my own choices, so it was really hard for me to settle on a movie and I still have my doubts. However, I'm hoping this one provides some amusement (and perhaps a bit of regret), because my choice is

rhk505.jpg

Yes, Disney's attempt at making musicals cool for teenagers. I've actually seen this a number of times, because it is one of my favorite "bad" movies to watch. My curiosity won over in wondering what everyone else will take away from it, and it's been a while so I'm ready to revisit it again. I'm hoping it won't be too hard for everyone to find. I know Amazon has it for rent.

I don't really have anything else to add as far as general commentary so I'll just end with WHAT TEAM!?

You'll never forget the answer.

By the way, in case you have a lot of trouble watching this (though I think it can hold its own), I recommend spicing it up with the Rifftrax audio commentary, if you like the MST3K treatment on films.

I had one other pick, but I'll save that for whenever my turn comes around again. Thank you for this opportunity to share something ridiculous.

• Like 12

I legit just laughed out loud when I hit the spoiler button oh my god! Great choice JammerLea!

Now I get to talk about being the one kid in choir that couldn't stand this series of movies!

• Like 11

Whoa sorry, I slept in for a while because I wasn't feeling well.

I know originally I promised regret with my joining in on this activity, but see, I was originally thinking about The Monkees movie Head, however, the music in it is more done in a music video type way and the songs are rather spaced out, so it wouldn't have been a good pic. It is definitely an awful movie though, if you're looking for that sort of torture. It's basically a bizarre protest to their manufactured image. BUT ANYWAY

To be quite honest, I do get anxiety about choosing movies (my roommate knows this well), which is part of why I was reluctant to join in. I have no confidence in my own choices, so it was really hard for me to settle on a movie and I still have my doubts. However, I'm hoping this one provides some amusement (and perhaps a bit of regret), because my choice is

rhk505.jpg

Yes, Disney's attempt at making musicals cool for teenagers. I've actually seen this a number of times, because it is one of my favorite "bad" movies to watch. My curiosity won over in wondering what everyone else will take away from it, and it's been a while so I'm ready to revisit it again. I'm hoping it won't be too hard for everyone to find. I know Amazon has it for rent.

I don't really have anything else to add as far as general commentary so I'll just end with WHAT TEAM!?

You'll never forget the answer.

By the way, in case you have a lot of trouble watching this (though I think it can hold its own), I recommend spicing it up with the Rifftrax audio commentary, if you like the MST3K treatment on films.

I had one other pick, but I'll save that for whenever my turn comes around again. Thank you for this opportunity to share something ridiculous.

I would have been happy with either one, but points for picking one I already own :)/>

(I hope you're feeling better. I've been sick for about a week)

The Rifftrax for this is one of my favorites.

• Like 8

If you haven't, you should go listen to the three songs released from the soundtrack to the Groundhog Day musical (written by your homie Tim Minchin).

I saw the original production in previews at the Old Vic in London last year! It's not bad...

• Like 6

The bad lip reading is A+ as well

• Like 7

I'm not 100% sure I've ever seen this all the way through. But I think I'm going to subject my kids to it tonight the way I did with Pete's Dragon. Nice pick Jam!

• Like 8

I would have been happy with either one, but points for picking one I already own :)/>

Thank you, I think I'm feeling better now. I probably just overdid it with Easter snacks yesterday.

I'm glad people are okay with this pick! Now I can tell my anxiety to GTFO.

This is legit one of my top favorite Rifftrax commentaries, and I'm happy to know they have fans here too~

• Like 6

I have never seen this before, and it's such a different thing from what we've already done. Totally on board.

Great pick, JammerLea!

I saw the original production in previews at the Old Vic in London last year! It's not bad...

Nice! As soon as I heard "If I Had My Time Again," I was like, "Oh, this is perfect." The other two songs don't grab me as much, but I've ordered the soundtrack anyway based on my faith in that weird little man.

• Like 5

I've ordered the soundtrack anyway based on my faith in that weird little man.

Would it break your heart if I told you it's all an act? He's a very normal, rich white private-schoolboy from a wealthy family, who's still married to his high school girlfriend and mostly a fairly quiet homebody...

• Like 2

Wait, it's been about a week since I saw you, and I've been sick ever since too. IS THIS BUG THAT HAS SWEPT OUR FAMILY IMPORTED?

• Like 2

Wait, it's been about a week since I saw you, and I've been sick ever since too. IS THIS BUG THAT HAS SWEPT OUR FAMILY IMPORTED?

Y'all shoulda known all the making out would lead to trouble

• Like 9

Feel better soon, Jammer. I've seen this before and I can't wait for this group to get into it.

• Like 8

I think so! I was going to blame you, but I never got around to it. :) Hunter has it now, which is miserable since he won't just sleep through it. I've been up since 11:30 last night.

• Like 4