🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
joel_rosenbaum

Police Academy 4: Citizens on Patrol (1987)

I'd like to use this forum to apologize to my parents, who will never read this, for making them take me to every "Police Academy" sequel from 3 (which wasn't terrrrrrible) and up. Even at 16, when I saw the trailer for "Mission to Moscow" on my rented VHS copy of "Natural Born Killers", I thought "I'm going to need to see this", and I was wrong. I don't think that actually ended up playing anywhere and was one of the first sequels to a theatrical series that I remember seeing that went straight to video.

• Like 2

I'd like to use this forum to apologize to my parents, who will never read this, for making them take me to every "Police Academy" sequel from 3 (which wasn't terrrrrrible) and up. Even at 16, when I saw the trailer for "Mission to Moscow" on my rented VHS copy of "Natural Born Killers", I thought "I'm going to need to see this", and I was wrong. I don't think that actually ended up playing anywhere and was one of the first sequels to a theatrical series that I remember seeing that went straight to video.

Judging from when you saw the trailer for Mission to Moscow, I'd say we're roughly the same age. That was the first one of these where I was like, "Is one of these movies bad?"

I haven't watched Citizens on Patrol in probably 20+ years, but I remember liking it when I was a kid. But also, kids are dumb and like bad stuff. Maybe I shouldn't revisit it as an adult.

• Like 4

Judging from when you saw the trailer for Mission to Moscow, I'd say we're roughly the same age. That was the first one of these where I was like, "Is one of these movies bad?"

Well, yeah, me too.

However, I think the series became officially bad before Moscow. Gutenberg jumped ship before Miami Beach.

• Like 1

I haven't watched Citizens on Patrol in probably 20+ years, but I remember liking it when I was a kid. But also, kids are dumb and like bad stuff. Maybe I shouldn't revisit it as an adult.

It wasn't long after this, maybe a couple of years, when I had my first "But __________ is in this, how did it NOT play in theaters?" moment. I believe it was "Future Sport", featuring Wesley Snipes.

• Like 1

By the way:

Police Academy (1984)

Police Academy 2 (1985)

Police Academy 3 (1986)

Police Academy 4 (1987)

Police Academy 5 (1988)

Police Academy 6 (1989)

Before ..

Police Academy 7 (1994)

Can't say they didn't work hard.

• Like 1

By the way:

Police Academy (1984)

Police Academy 2 (1985)

Police Academy 3 (1986)

Police Academy 4 (1987)

Police Academy 5 (1988)

Police Academy 6 (1989)

Before ..

Police Academy 7 (1994)

Can't say they didn't work hard.

Usually, when you wait that long between installments, it means the franchise is going to space.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this