🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 10 High School Musical 1 & 2...maybe 3

So I was catching up on Project Runway seasons last weekend.

Talking about Tisdale reminded me that I wanted to share, but forgot..

Tisdale was a guest judge! I was a little surprised the judges thought this one was in the top (compared to some others):

pr14-ep2-episode32-blake.jpg?resize=360%2C606

But not that surprised that Tisdale loved it, cause I thought it was right up Sharpay's alley, lol.

It doesn't look as sparkly in this pic, but it was super sparkly.

EDIT: we hit 600 posts in this thread

I spent far too long trying to figure out which one was supposed to be Tisdale before it all clicked.

• Like 6

Tisdale was a guest judge! I was a little surprised the judges thought this one was in the top

Perhaps they felt it "Bopped to the Top..."

daduntsh.gif

• Like 8

Okay, I've recovered from the shock of Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure enough to speak to it a bit.

- it's a year later.

- Sharpay stars in a local theatre production which seems to be all about how fabulous she was.

- Her dad tells her that she's been messing around for a year since she left high school, so clearly the whole 'going to U of A and co-directing' at the end of HSM3 thing didn't work out.

- At the end of this big production number, a theatre producer (or casting agent), played by Pat Mastrioanni, or Joey Jeremiah from DeGrassi, tells her that he's casting a New York production and he wants her to come in to audition for it.

- Dad says no way, it's a waste of time. Agrees to let her go to New York for one month and if she fails she has to come back and work at the country club from HSM2.

- Still no sign of Ryan.

- Sharpay goes to New York. Looks suspiciously like Toronto.

- Yep, that's definitely Toronto.

- Montage montage montage

- Sharpay turns up to the audition.

- FINDS OUT THE AUDITION IS ACTUALLY FOR HER SMALL DOG

- Yes, pause to note that Joey Jeremiah was scouting local theatre productions in New Mexico to cast a small dog in a Broadway show.

- Show is called 'A Girl's Best Friend' (being the dog)

- Show stars repellent 'star' actress who is awful to everyone.

- (Here's one just for EvRobert) - Star Actress routinely calls Sharpay 'SHARPIE'

- Small dog has to compete against another small dog for this role.

- Obviously, the dogs fall in love. Obviously.

- Cover of Katrina and the Waves. They're really scrambling for musical content.

- Sharpay competes against the 12 year old owner of the other dog and pulls pranks like using dog whistles and stray cats to distract the other dog

- Sharpay becomes awful star actress's personal assistant

- Cleaning montage. Not sure what the awful actress has been eating to block up the toilet like that.

- Random side love story with generic blonde boy

- Star actress reveals she wants the dogs cut from the show the night of opening, then quits the show for some reason

- Director decides to cancel the show

- Sharpay reveals she knows the whole show

- Sharpay stars in the lead at the Royal Alexandra Theatre, Toronto Broadway

- Kiss between blonde boy and the former villain of the High School Musical series

This is so offensive in so many ways. Sharpay is given a chance to carry the movie but there's nothing endearing about her, and while it's good to see her grow up a bit, everything just falls in her lap in the end anyway.

The things I do for my kids. And you guys.

• Like 7

I can't believe we're still talking about this fucking movie...

ETA: But seriously, no Ryan at all? He must be killing is at Julliard. That makes me happy.

• Like 5

He makes a cameo in the over-credits scene but it was exclusively on the Disney Channel version: the rental we had didn't have it. He's in a touring musical: no mention of Juilliard at all, so they're both just lousy dropouts.

It's this gem:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDPO00iULg8

The awful Murphy Bed bit at the end is a callback to earlier. Oof.

• Like 3

I can't believe we're still talking about this fucking movie...

I spent three hours in the car with my daughter today and we listened to all three soundtracks all the way through. This is just part of my life now.

Plus, I like seeing the post count climb. ;)

• Like 3

Ashley Tisdale was one of the executive producers. That makes sense.

• Like 5

Ryan and Sharpay just reunited and sang "What I've been Looking for"

They start singing around 4 minute mark

He still has a strong hat game

• Like 5

I was watching lousy childrens' television yesterday (that's what parents do a lot of the time) and discovered that Ryan (Lucas Grabeel) has a new gig!

That's right, Ryan plays...

tumblr_inline_nhf5qhcqWY1t3qwi8.jpg

Deputy Peck, the woodpecker deputy on 'Sheriff Callie's Wild West' (opposite Mandy Moore who plays the sheriff cat). I have to say it's a step backwards from Ryan.

http://disneyjuniorpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Deputy_Peck

PS - I won't let this thread die

• Like 2

I was watching lousy childrens' television yesterday (that's what parents do a lot of the time) and discovered that Ryan (Lucas Grabeel) has a new gig!

Deputy Peck, the woodpecker deputy on 'Sheriff Callie's Wild West' (opposite Mandy Moore who plays the sheriff cat). I have to say it's a step backwards from Ryan.

http://disneyjuniorpedia.wikia.com/wiki/Deputy_Peck

Compared to a lot of stuff, Sheriff Callie is pretty great...

• Like 2

Compared to a lot of stuff, Sheriff Callie is pretty great...

Preach, sister

• Like 2

http://disneyjuniorp...iki/Deputy_Peck

What's the target age group for this because that animation looks rough

• Like 2

What's the target age group for this because that animation looks rough

This age...

For what it's worth, I also recommend Octonauts

• Like 2

Oh, I miss Octonauts! My son pretty much aged out of that a couple of years ago and my daughter was never really interested. They also liked

for a while. And

Right now they're into

, which, while an assault on all my senses, is still better than
. That one makes my nose bleed.

And let's not talk about how long my kids will sit and watch Spongebob. I wish I'd had Cameron's foresight of banning it from our home.

• Like 2

Oh, I miss Octonauts! My son pretty much aged out of that a couple of years ago and my daughter was never really interested. They also liked

for a while. And

Right now they're into

, which, while an assault on all my senses, is still better than
. That one makes my nose bleed.

And let's not talk about how long my kids will sit and watch Spongebob. I wish I'd had Cameron's foresight of banning it from our home.

My son never really got into Bubble Guppies, which is unfortunate since I kind of like it.

The first show that was HIS show was Team Umizoomi.

I do miss that show. It made him love numbers (although I think it also made him a bit OCD). Thomas is suffering a slow and prolonged death. Like, if you were to ask him, he'd say he still loves Thomas, but he doesn't really watch it anymore. In a way, this is a relief, but it's still sad since it's definitely the end of an era.

• Like 1

I do miss that show. It made him love numbers (although I think it also made him a bit OCD). Thomas is suffering a slow and prolonged death. Like, if you were to ask him, he'd say he still loves Thomas, but he doesn't really watch it anymore. In a way, this is a relief, but it's still sad since it's definitely the end of an era.

My nephew is going through the same Thomas death. Right now he is ALL IN on Paw Patrol. But if you pull out his Thomas toys, he'll play with them and he still likes trains (but also trucks, cars and anything with tires). He never really watches the show itself any more, though he did see a Thomas train at the mall the other day and completely lost it.

• Like 2

We tried Thomas (because one of the kids' grandfathers is a train engineer) but they never seemed to care much. It feels like a bullet dodged. My guys didn't like UmiZoomi much because of the bad guys who'd come around and mess things up - can't remember what they're called. My daughter would scream and run out of the room every time they came on so it was always a matter of finding one episode that didn't have them in it.

Of course, they're not as bad as the biggest straight-up sociopath of all children's television: worse than Oscar the Grouch! Of course I'm talking about...

Swiper_the_fox-16oo0ih.jpg

Like, seriously, WHAT is this guy's problem? "You have a thing, I'm going to steal it and throw it on a mountain. Unless you tell me not to and then I'll realise I'm being a dick." My son used to have nightmares about this bastard.

• Like 3

My nephew is going through the same Thomas death. Right now he is ALL IN on Paw Patrol. But if you pull out his Thomas toys, he'll play with them and he still likes trains (but also trucks, cars and anything with tires). He never really watches the show itself any more, though he did see a Thomas train at the mall the other day and completely lost it.

Here's my Paw Patrol name-drop: I was in a production of 'Our Town' in 2011 with a nine year old kid who grew up to be the original voice of Ryder in the first few seasons of Paw Patrol. I told my kids that, and they were not as impressed as they should have been. But since, I've told kids on my tee-ball team that I was friends with Ryder and they were amazed.

• Like 3

Right now he is ALL IN on Paw Patrol.

Omg yes my baby cousin is obsessed with Paw Patrol! Every time I see her she wants to talk about it! But she also watches the Penguins of Madagascar and whatever series they have over and over. Anything with penguins is A+ for her.

• Like 3

Wow! Your nephew and my son should be friends :)

He really likes Paw Patrol, but he hasn't been watching that too much lately. Right now he's REALLY into The Cat in the Hat Knows A Lot About That. It's kind of obnoxious, but when I actually watched it, it's pretty educational.

Also, not associated with a television show (as far as I know), but this is the new jam around my house.

• Like 2

My son never really got into Bubble Guppies, which is unfortunate since I kind of like it.

The first show that was HIS show was Team Umizoomi.

IN A LAND THATS NOT SO FAR AWAY...

My son loves Wishenpoof and hates Sesame Street, which makes me sad on both counts.

• Like 2