• PipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:36 AM

View PostⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ, on 24 April 2017 - 07:29 AM, said:

*Vanessa Anne?

Great name

*The stoners of this universe are called "the skaters"???

Well that's just Disney for you.
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#42 Cam Bert

Foreign Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:37 AM

I don't fully understand the drama teacher and why she goes along with Sharpay's plan. I mean she hears them sing and even though they broke her golden rule about being on time she give them a callback. Clearly she's impressed. Then Sharpay plants the idea that they're trying to ruin the musical. How and why and based on what? When she confronts Coach Dad about it, he has no idea what she's talking about and she finds no proof of sabotage. Yet she continues to listen to and go along with Sharpay's scheme. What happened to giving everybody a fair and equal chance because that's the way of the theater? Scheduling the audition at a time that is purposely hurtful to two people doesn't seem to be honoring that tradition. Troy and Gabriella can sing and seem genuinely interested so why does she continue to believe Sharpay? Just because of her long hatred of sports? Gabriella is new why would she be trying to ruin the musical?

Sharpay also claims that she worked so hard on it, but what exactly has she done? Kelsi wrote the score,no parts are cast yet, and detentioners are making sets, so the only thing she might have done is write the book.
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)

#43 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:38 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 24 April 2017 - 07:21 AM, said:

Cameron, I understand what you're saying, but my argument is that that's not actually the mission statement of the movie! I believe the mission statement is "humans are multi-layered and can have multiple passions" but the antagonists of the movie do not believe that and try their damnedest to keep things the way they've always been, which is stick to the ONE thing you're good at and fuck the rest.

ETA: They're certainly not antagonists in the traditional sense, that's for sure, but I think because the four meddling characters are so selfish in their agendas it just happens that way. I mean Taylor's introduction is making fun of Chad for how dumb he is. That doesn't seem like the nicest of people you'd want to be around.

I guess I feel like if the point of the movie is to show that people can have "multiple passions," then the movie chose the wrong couple to be protagonists--it should have been Sharpay, Chad, or Taylor. Troy and Gabriela say in their very first scene that they like to sing. They have no problem accepting that they can like more than one thing. They don't learn to like singing, they already do. For them, that's not the conflict. For them, being judged for doing something that they want to do is the conflict. That's why I'm saying the point of the movie is to follow your bliss and not worry about what other people think.

Violet: I've never failed to complete.
Ultraviolet (2006)

Lecturer: Children smoke - a reefer stick! Thinking it to be an ordinary, perfectly harmless cigarette.
Reefer Madness (2005)

#44 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:40 AM

Can I say again how awesome Kelsi is? Even if we put aside that orchestration at this level is well beyond the resources she has, she's a fantastic character. She gets a lot cooler in the next two movies, which is a shame, since her nerdy 'bowler hat and suit' persona is so endearing in the first one.
Mark: "But I thought we are all orpans." Deep Down inside, we all are, Miami Connection

Dorothy Shaw: "I like a man who can run faster than I can." Choosy, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

No-Prize Champion
Vampire's Kiss; xXx: Return of Xander Cage; Body Parts; The Running Man

#45 taylor anne photo

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:41 AM

View PostCameron H., on 24 April 2017 - 07:38 AM, said:

then the movie chose the wrong couple to be protagonists

DING DING DING

It's a horrible movie with a stupid ass premise and uses these two extremely beautiful, talented kids to be like "Hey be accepting!"

There's literally NO REAL CONFLICT HERE
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#46 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:42 AM

View Posttomspanks, on 24 April 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

It's like if the antagonist in your farting movie didn't want his friend to fart and burp.

Okay, this makes sense to me :)
Ultraviolet (2006)

Lecturer: Children smoke - a reefer stick! Thinking it to be an ordinary, perfectly harmless cigarette.
Reefer Madness (2005)

#47 kateacola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:43 AM

I thought it was funny that Troy's basketball buds were the most upset about Troy wanting to be in the musical...and they were some of the best dancers.
I think they doth protest too much.

#48 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:45 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 24 April 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

DING DING DING

It's a horrible movie with a stupid ass premise and uses these two extremely beautiful, talented kids to be like "Hey be accepting!"

I wouldn't say it's horrible. I would say it's not for adults, though.

...which is why I love it.
Ultraviolet (2006)

Reefer Madness (2005)

#49 taylor anne photo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:45 AM

View PostCakeBug Tranch, on 24 April 2017 - 07:40 AM, said:

Can I say again how awesome Kelsi is? Even if we put aside that orchestration at this level is well beyond the resources she has, she's a fantastic character. She gets a lot cooler in the next two movies, which is a shame, since her nerdy 'bowler hat and suit' persona is so endearing in the first one.

But don't you remember that "take off the glasses and remove the ponytail" moment at the end!? I mean she was bound to get cooler cause they took away her bowler hat!

She's also the most beautiful person in the whole cast fo sho
Posted Image

#50 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:47 AM

View PostCameron H., on 24 April 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

For example, it would be like if I wrote a movie where farting is the key to happiness. Farting will make you a good person. Farting is Nirvana. And then I wrote my antagonists to be the most flatulent Farty McFart Pantses you've ever seen. It contradicts what I'm trying to say.

From now on, when I need clarification on things, I'm going to ask people to explain it with farts.
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#51 taylor anne photo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:47 AM

View PostCameron H., on 24 April 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

I wouldn't say it's horrible. I would say it's not for adults, though.

...which is why I love it.

I hate it so much. It was cringe-worthy bad for me. Some parts I could laugh at and enjoy but as a whole I've never liked it. Even as a 16 year old sitting in the middle of a performing arts group while the show choir learned the dance moves.

#52 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:48 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 24 April 2017 - 07:45 AM, said:

But don't you remember that "take off the glasses and remove the ponytail" moment at the end!? I mean she was bound to get cooler cause they took away her bowler hat!

She's also the most beautiful person in the whole cast fo sho
Posted Image

Absolutely. She seems to have grown up into a really cool, socially conscious artist. Her instagram is really great.

ETA - I clicked over to her instagram just now and saw that her third picture is her ass in underwear. I swear that's not why I suggested you click over. Now I feel like a creepy old man making the suggestion. Oof.
Mark: "But I thought we are all orpans." Deep Down inside, we all are, Miami Connection

Dorothy Shaw: "I like a man who can run faster than I can." Choosy, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

No-Prize Champion

#53 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:48 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 24 April 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

I hate it so much. It was cringe-worthy bad for me. Some parts I could laugh at and enjoy but as a whole I've never liked it. Even as a 16 year old sitting in the middle of a performing arts group while the show choir learned the dance moves.

Wait, so for you this is worse even than baked beans on Ann-Margret?

No-Prize Champion

#54 taylor anne photo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:49 AM

View PostCakeBug Tranch, on 24 April 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

I just gagged

#55 Cam Bert

Foreign Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,116 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:50 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 24 April 2017 - 07:41 AM, said:

DING DING DING

You know what just hit about this, the less attractive less talented people were used as comedy. Just think to the auditions. We had shy nervous people, awkward outcasts, arty theater kids, etc. These are the people clearly trying to leave their lane and they are the punchline for a whole scene. They're the only kids we see fail at doing anything and the only ones outside of Martha that fall outside the cookie cutter Disney safe and pretty image. However, I'm glad to hear they make her a cheerleader later on. As long as it's not suppose to be a joke that is.
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)

#56 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:51 AM

View PostCam Bert, on 24 April 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

However, I'm glad to hear they make her a cheerleader later on. As long as it's not suppose to be a joke that is.

No, she's a badass dancer, right up front and centre and kicking ass.

No-Prize Champion

#57 kateacola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:52 AM

Posted Image
nothing is worse than the baked bean scene

#58 taylor anne photo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:53 AM

View PostCam Bert, on 24 April 2017 - 07:50 AM, said:

You know what just hit about this, the less attractive less talented people were used as comedy. Just think to the auditions. We had shy nervous people, awkward outcasts, arty theater kids, etc. These are the people clearly trying to leave their lane and they are the punchline for a whole scene. They're the only kids we see fail at doing anything and the only ones outside of Martha that fall outside the cookie cutter Disney safe and pretty image. However, I'm glad to hear they make her a cheerleader later on. As long as it's not suppose to be a joke that is.

Also it did not go unnoticed the diversity of the school! It was really awesome to watch 3 of the main characters be POC and then Zeke be a black man as well!

#59 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,362 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:54 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 24 April 2017 - 07:47 AM, said:

Do you think that the fact that you were the age of the characters portrayed in the movie when it came out has affected the way you feel about it?
Ultraviolet (2006)

Reefer Madness (2005)

#60 Society Max

Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Posted 24 April 2017 - 07:54 AM

My notes...

*Vanessa Anne?

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 24 April 2017 - 07:36 AM, said:

Great name

No argument there :D... I just was not familiar with her middle name

*A score board control system conected to the internet??

I have to C&O myself... If the scoreboard system is connected to the schools Local LAN or WAN that could made hacking it from inside the school possible