🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DubipR

Freddy Got Fingered (2001)

Tom Green seems like an all around cool guy; funny in his day and was then given the green light from 20th Century Fox to give them a comedy hit. The result... Freddy Got Fingered. Rogert Ebert said it best about Freddy Got Fingered: "This movie doesn't scrape the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't the bottom of the barrel. This movie isn't below the bottom of the barrel. This movie doesn't deserve to be mentioned in the same sentence with barrels...The day may come when Freddy Got Fingered is seen as a milestone of neo-surrealism. The day may never come when it is seen as funny."

Green has dreams of his own TV Show and heads to Hollywood. Hilarity(?) ensues for 90 minutes. It's considered one of the worse in the 2000s. Seems like a good bad film to get reviewed on How Did This Get Made. If Tom Green can be the special guest, it might be the greatest podcast ever.

disagree. That movie was for the most part funny as shit! There are so many lines from that movie that I still recite. "Your fucking fired Bob!!!!"

• Like 1

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but.....I liked that movie too. Maybe its because I was 14 when I saw it, but I found it funny as hell.

• Like 1

Watched this movie for me and my brother's bad movie night. Easily my favorite movie we have watched (probably about 30 movies done so far). Only one that I gave over 3 stars on netflix after watching. Yeah there are a lot of silly parts to it (what's up with all the horse dick stuff, or him licking his friend's open wound?) but in the end it was very funny and honestly a nice send up/satire to classic hollywood stories.

It also predicted the rise of absurdist cartoon shows that are heavily watched on Adult Swim.

You can say what you want about all the Tom Green-ish stuff that goes on throughout the film, but it is funny.

It is funny, but "how did this get made" is a more than appropriate question to ask after watching it.

moose humping, sausage pianos, cheese sandwich factories, yeah, I have no idea what they were thinking when they made this movie, but I am very glad it did!

Freddy Got Fingered could really benefit from an indepth dissection in HDTGM: Director's Edition.

I am extremely curious how this film worked its way through a studio system to end up with the final cut we saw. It must have been a remarkable feat.

Add one to the list of people who recommend Freddy Got Fingered to the recommendation list.

And I beg you, bring Tom Green in to explain how this amazing film ever managed to come together.

I couldn't stand this movie. I cut out on it I think about the time he started jerking off a horse (which I think was near the very beginning).

I know what you are all about, Tom Green. And I say "thanks, but no thanks".

I agree with Wien; this movie was awful! I would love for it to be discussed though. Just to get a sense of what the fuck was everyone on while they made this. Plus, wasnt the original Rusty Griswold (Anthony Michael Hall) in this???

I never "got" Tom Green; I just thought his antics were completely idiotic. I don't know why, but I always equated his schtic with the morons from Jack-Ass.

I think it would be fun to hear the crew talk about this awesome movie, but there is no way this movie should be placed alongside The Room, Cool As Ice, Old Dogs, etc...

Not so much "terrible" or "unwatchable" but I genuinely want to know how the HELL this movie got made.

"Look at me dad, I'm a farmer!" :blink:

Just...please...please HDTGM this insanity...

This movie is AMAZING. It is one of my all-time favorite what-the-heck movies. Unlike a lot of "bad" movies, this one stands out because it is clearly EXACTLY what the film maker intended it to be. It is a masterpiece of confrontational cinema.

That being said, it is perfect for this podcast - no matter how much I love this movie, I have to wonder how the heck anyone allowed Tom Green to make this, and why anyone thought it had a chance as a theatrical release. This is in no way, shape, or form a movie for a "normal" audience.

Please, do this movie.

• Like 1

I imagine Tom Green's career would make for a worthwhile discussion all on its own. How Did Tom Green's Career Get Made?

This movie is decently funny, so the only way I'd like to see it covered is with Tom Green, Himself talking about the development process.

This movie is one of the most iconic films in the history of cinema. If I was a woman I would love this movie even more than if I was a man. I would love for this film to be analyzed by the group because its beautiful.

It almost seemed liked Tom Green was trying to burn every bridge he had in hollywood with that movie. The part when Freddy in that movie blows his one million dollars on a giant prank, seemed exactly what Tom Green was doing by making that movie.

• Like 1

Tom Green is a an acquired taste, you ether like him or hate him. I can't stand him don't really find him all that funny.

I still don't understand what the hell Drew Barrymore was thinking when she married that guy.

To me this is just a stupied movie like police academy.

I'd love to see them do this movie. I always really liked this movie. It's stupid and fun and I think this may be enjoyable.

I was in a test screening audience for this. Some effects and score were missing, and it was over 2 hours long. It was one of the funniest movies I had ever seen. When it finally released, it was chopped to whatever it is now (87 min?) and lost all the good stuff. It lost all the charm and believe it or not, it was dumbed down. I did not like the cut they released in theaters. I met Tom at a stand up show last year ad asked him about FGF and the cut I saw and he said it probably won't exist again. Bummer.

• Like 1

This has to be discussed. Tom Green had literally trolled MTV to give him money and make this movie.

MV5BMTYxOTI5OTI1OV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwMzY3MjM5._V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I can't believe this movie hasn't been suggested yet. It is LITERALLY bonkers. Let's get Tom in the Earwolf studio and talk about this!

Hey guys, do you remember when Tom Green was the IT guy? Well I'm sure you've heard of this movie then. The movie where "Daddy would you like some sausage" because the theme song for any form of legalized torture I'm sure that people are enduring to this day. This movie is probably the worst movie I've ever seen in my life. Never in its incessant awful jokes was there a semblance of a plot, and I'm pretty sure it was just a loose collaboration of sketches from the Tom Green show that were cut and then edited together in a movie.

However, the one shining beacon for this movie is that on the DVD special features, there is a PG version of the movie done in an old-time storybook fashion. And that part is genuinely funny.

it has a bizarre charm to it, but no part of the film makes any logical sense based on what we've learned from our years of watching films. so it would be apt for the people of earth to cover it.