🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 334 - Patronizing, Not Patriarchal

Actor and Birthday Boy Mike Hanford (Questions for Lennon) joins Howard and Kulap this week to throw down for Record Store Day! They count down the Top 5 Shazam’d Songs of the Week while discussing run-ins with failed presidents and what “jobs” are allowed on network television. Then, during the TV Chart, Howard explains what puts him on edge while watching “Better Call Saul” and Mike gives the lowdown on his musical supergroup, “The Sloppy Boys Jangly Band.” Finally, they listen to Kevin’s Hot Picks and get ready for imminent summah on Two Charted.

Glad to see Into the Badlands getting high praise, I was sure it was going to stink after one episode, but ignore some cheesy dialogue and you've got a gem on your hands.

And not complaining, but there seems to be a theme of guests being surprised they have to leave so soon, I say let them hang out until the end despite a new segment beginning, Sklarbro style.

• Like 1

Glad to see Into the Badlands getting high praise, I was sure it was going to stink after one episode, but ignore some cheesy dialogue and you've got a gem on your hands.

I don't doubt that it's a good show, but I was highly skeptical of it having 100% on Rotten Tomatoes, and indeed, it looks like Young Kevin flubbished this one - https://www.rottentomatoes.com/tv/into_the_badlands

If Howard is going to block discussions of 40% of the TV shows for spoiler purposes, they shouldn't do TV charts. That aside, great episode.

Howard was really shutting things down this ep, and seemed a little more grumpy than usual, bordering on cantankerous. Hopefully he can get to the beach and get some negative ions soon.

Love the show forever, and will probably check out Into the Badlands.

Yeah I know I heard when it first started up that Into the Badlands was supposed to have some of the best fighting, like fight choreography on TV, and when I see ads when I'm watching walking dead/Better Get Sal the ads do look interesting enough... there's just too much TV. Everyone has a list of like 5 active shows they want to watch but don't, right?

And about the guests staying longer, I agree that it almost feels like they set on kicking the guest out so they can "two charted" but its just more conversation. They should absolutely have already gone over the timing with the guest and have at least a few stick around for longer. So often lately I'm so happy with the vibe of the room during the guest segments and want it to continue into the section where we get more deep into the brain of HMKre

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this