🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 43 — Songs In The Key of SoBe

There is a lot you don't know about Tim Heidecker. You probably don't know about his relationship with rock legends Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey. You probably don't know about his scary side gig in the world of the killer elite. You probably don't know about his rad new iPhone app or what he ate for breakfast. Listen to Who Charted? and you'll learn a few things: Not only about the Billbord Heatseeker Albums or the weekend box office, but about Allentown, Heidecker & Wood, and Bob Odenkirk. Oh Mary!

Yeah! Phillies fans unite!

I love that not only has Kulap's Jackee impression is really that (I'd previously thought I was just imagining it), but I also love that in 2011 someone is doing a Jackee impression.

QUESTION: during the plugs of this episode, does Howard call Kulap "Cool Whip"?

Plz Jackee + Sloppy Timmy to host!!!! (at least one segment, next wk)

ps. TeenageFanClub are SCOTTISH, sheesh...... First RockSolid Pod sez they're Aussies now Howie sez Liverpool....... C'mon!!!! haha

Caroline I was just coming to post about it. Was sad Drive fell from the charts, one of the best movies I've seen in forever, loved that weird 80s vibe.

Great episode! I loved hearing Tim Heidecker just being himself, I think every other podcast I've heard him on he's always been doing a bit, so it was cool to see a little bit behind the curtain, especially the Heidecker & Wood stuff, since I wasn't sure how sincere it was supposed to be.

I went and saw it twice already and illegally downloaded it for good measure. Bought the soundtrack too, lets go have an earwolf screening!

@Flatuator

I totally agree! That is my favourite DBS song.

TIm was funny as always. Sometimes his schtick (make shit up and be weird, but play it as straight as possible) gets a little old, but his never breaking character also adds to the fun of trying to figure out what's the real Tim and what's total bullshit.
Also, If Lion King is still charting next week, you better transplant that shit. Who cares about a Disney movie that's almost 20 years old?.

Das Racist are awesome, and that new album of theirs is great.

just thought i'd punch that in, even before I finish the episode.

Hey Hows, Hey Kools,

Great ep! It really went down smooth! All I gotta say about wardrobe choices is, Howster, gray neutralizes your positive energy-ness. And KooKoo, maroon really makes your smile pop. Point Kulap. ALSO, Tim seems like one of those guys who thought they could skate by on missing piano lessons every other week. IN ADDITION!!! Episode Rewind!!! In regards to episode 31: Hey Howow, are you and Kate Micucci an item now or what? I listen to that ep 3 times a week, and the suspense is KILLING ME!!! Drop a hint please (and no hint is the BIGGEST HINT).

A basket full of love and a kangaroo-pouch filled with respect,

Phil

Another great episode. Can we take a poll or something regarding letting the guest in on the last chart? I realize I've said this in multiple threads, but the guest slowly realizing the chart is about them helped keep the momentum throughout the last portion of the show. I realize that the longer you go, more and more guests are going to be aware of what's up before they even come in, but I think that those few moments of "hey! I'm from GenericVille!" are exquisite. It's similar to when guests go to Bang Bang and play games with Hot Saucerman like Hollywood Facts.

Keep the hits coming, Also, loved DBS at the end of the ep!

Wow Kulap really loves that ap-movie business model- she could barely contain her enthusiasm!

Oh lordy, I love Who Charted but please please please:
1) Don't abandon Chart Chatter
2) Don't abandon everyone announcing the chart number in unison
3) Don't explain the last chart to the guest

-Tom

Sign in to follow this