🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 290 - Big Grande II: Bad Dad Persona

Dan Lippert, Jon Mackey, Ryan Rosenberg, and Drew Tarver of Big Grande (Teacher’s Lounge) join Matt Besser this week for improvised scenes about hiding your shitty car from your girlfriend, going with the Conehead look for your headshot, and finding a role for Liam Neeson’s brother in the next “Taken.” Plus, they put up offensive signs in the name of wordplay, and a group of pizza delivery drivers get vengeful when they aren’t tipped.

290 - Dan Lippert, Jon Mackey, Ryan Rosenberg, Drew Tarver

(00:32 - 17:43) Intro Story - Convict on the run - Drew gives off friendship vibes to everyone in the world

(18:04 - 31:30) Question from Listener - “What stupid thing about yourself did you try to hide from your significant other?” - Getting your boyfriend to admit he owns a shitty car is important to a relationship’s success

(32:53 - 43:23) Question from Listener - “Ever argued with someone whose point is so stupid you don’t even know what to say?” - Aspiring actor tries out a Conehead look for his headshot

(43:30 - 51:12) Let’s Talk Some More About That - Peter Aykroyd, the Conehead - Liam Neeson demands they put his brother Brandon in the next Taken

(51:15 - 1:01:35) Crap on Youtube - “Neighbor’s Feud Spelled Out in For Sale Sign” - Defending your offensive sign on the merits of its “wordplay”

(1:01:41 - 1:16:58)Let’s Talk Some More About That - how far these interns have come - Social media interns try to hide their lack of knowledge about the program

(1:17:04 - 1:26:33) Crap on Youtube - “Pizza Delivery Man Urinates on Customer’s Door” - Delivery drivers share vengeful ways to get back at customers who don’t tip

(1:26:40 - 1:40:46) Question from Listener - “What’s the worst podcast experience that they’ve ever had?” - Promoting your persona as a bad dad

• Like 1

They're talking about Father John Misty. He stated on many podcasts that he was working on a podcast all about pizza:

http://thethread.co/season1/misty-reilly/unspooled/

Hilarious timing as well, because he just got attention yesterday for giving his "eloquent" thoughts on Comey while eating pizza... singing the line "James Comey was fired in the month of May / James Comey was fired from the CIA..." Tillman later Tweeted "CIA rhymes..." probably when someone told him Comey was fired from the FBI. Because nothing rhymes with "I," right?

• Like 7

Came out of posting retirement to check that it was indeed FJM

Episode was pretty good, too. Episodes with all or part of Big Grande are usually great.

• Like 2

They're talking about Father John Misty.

Oh, thank god. Because I kept trying to think of musicians that are regulars around Earwolf and I was like, "Don't be Rhett Miller. Don't be Rhett Miller. Don't be Rhett Miller..."

• Like 1

They're talking about Father John Misty. He stated on many podcasts that he was working on a podcast all about pizza:

http://thethread.co/...illy/unspooled/

Hilarious timing as well, because he just got attention yesterday for giving his "eloquent" thoughts on Comey while eating pizza... singing the line "James Comey was fired in the month of May / James Comey was fired from the CIA..." Tillman later Tweeted "CIA rhymes..." probably when someone told him Comey was fired from the FBI. Because nothing rhymes with "I," right?

Also hilarious timing, given Jon Daly's character on CBB this week (Papa Johns Misty).

• Like 3

I wrote the question regarding arguing with stupid people, or at least misguided people with very stupid points. As an insight, that question was borne out of me having a (brief) argument with a genuine flat earther. It's infuriating. 2/10 do not recommend, these people will not pay any mind to anything that is not YouTube pseudoscience.

Sign in to follow this