Episode 112 - Life Drawing Class (w/ Ted Leo, Colleen Smith, Craig Cackowski, Jordan Black)

7 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 5,036 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 14 May 2017 - 09:04 PM

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes adult men and women back to Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special guest is singer-songwriter Ted Leo! They chat about when was the last time Ted cried out of happiness, a story about a determined tortoise, and going from having a fear of animals as a kid to now living with a cat. Paul is then joined by Colleen Smith, Craig Cackowski, and Jordan Black, to improvise a story set in Life Drawing Class. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

If you’d like to provide a location for the improv on a future episode, follow @Spontaneanation on Twitter so you won/t miss the prompt!
listen to scott aukerman on the latest ep of my podcast trends with benefits twb.cool

#2 Jon Onyx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:57 PM

Im having a Cack Attack!

#3 The Spider-Gentleman

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 15 May 2017 - 02:44 AM

Uh guys, i don't want to alarm anyone, but i think that guy reading the ad at the start WASN'T MACK WELDON

EDIT: this was a great episode. When you have three all-stars like this they can really have more fun with the format

#4 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:24 AM

YES! Ted is one of my favorite musicians and all-around good people, can't wait to listen.

#5 Jon Onyx

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 03:00 PM

Really great improv section!

#6 Kickpuncher

Sentient Meat

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,260 posts
  • LocationIthaca, NY

Posted 15 May 2017 - 04:09 PM

Great ep...and there may or may not be a commercial currently in heavy rotation that makes me well up every time I see it.

#7 KatherineIsOdd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • LocationBC

Posted 16 May 2017 - 05:52 AM

I love when Colleen plays insane characters, especially men!

#8 bakerina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • LocationSan Jose, CA

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:11 PM

Mr. F. Tompkins! Were you singing "Dollar Shave Club" to the tune of "Johnny Angel"?!