Episode 162.5 - Minisode 162.5

76 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 4,930 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:00 PM

The importance of radio signals, jerking it, and much more is covered on this week’s mini-sode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for My Stepmother Is An Alien and the Movie Bitches review Beauty and the Beast. Plus, you’ll find out which dystopian film we’ll be covering next week!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli...wdidthisgetmade
Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:
Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.
listen to scott aukerman on the latest ep of my podcast trends with benefits twb.cool

#2 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:05 PM

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#3 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:08 PM

^^^^^^^^^ one of my favorite songs ever BTW ^^^^^^^^^^

#4 Royboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 177 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:17 PM

I hope for next week's episode they retitle the show "Thank God This Got Made".

#5 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,142 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:28 PM

kinda wish we could hear jason shouting "who loves you and who do you love?" at a live audience.

#6 Ryan Sz

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,633 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:31 PM

I FUCKING LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!
Also probably one of the few movies that improves upon the story that it is based upon, which is pretty impressive as the story is really good.
2016 DLM Challenge: 618 movies (478 new)
"I'm gonna fuck the 'Mind of Mencia' out of you!" - Paul Scheer
"Fuck you, I watched this fucking movie bro!" June Diane Raphael
"If I'm holding a baby and I say 'cunt punch,' it's gonna be pretty fucking funny." - Zouks
"How's yo dick?" - Nicole Byer

#7 ChunkStyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:44 PM

Jon Gabrus and the Action Boyz did a very enjoyable podcast about this movie not long ago. It can be either an appetizer or dessert for those who can't get enough Running Man.

https://headgum.com/...alk-running-man

#8 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 19 May 2017 - 05:52 PM

Also a really entertaining episode of I Was There Too not long ago: http://www.earwolf.c...amo-drafthouse/
Captain Manzini: "You smell like a fire hydrant." - Who Said Eloquence was Dead?, Garbage Pail Kids the Movie

Gaston: "What a rollicking, frolicking bore!" You said it, buddy, Gigi

No-Prize Champion
Vampire's Kiss; xXx: Return of Xander Cage; Body Parts; The Running Man

#9 joel_rosenbaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 06:33 PM

haven't listened to the minisode yet

but FUCK YEAH RUNNING MAN

#10 ChunkStyle

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 238 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 19 May 2017 - 07:31 PM

View PostCakeBug Tranch, on 19 May 2017 - 05:52 PM, said:

Also a really entertaining episode of I Was There Too not long ago: http://www.earwolf.c...amo-drafthouse/

Oh yeah I forgot that. And they reference it on the High and Mighty episode.

#11 Wil Dride

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:07 PM

Amusingly misedited Paul Ask segment. Probably could've used a bit more nerd to get it right.

;)

#12 Smigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 19 May 2017 - 10:44 PM

Okay, this is an episode that I can really get into, because I own pretty much every Schwarzenegger movie (apart from Junior). I fucking love The Running Man.

#13 Smigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 12:38 AM

Also, putting Mortal Kombat: Annihilation aside. To answer the question posed in the actual thread, I would go with 'Ready To Rumble', the Pro-Wrestling comedy starring David Arquette, Scott Caan, Oliver Platt, Rose McGowan, and Joe Pantoliano.

Take 'No Holds Barred', remove the cheesy 80s action movie charm, the knowledge of pro-wrestling, and add in David Arquette. It's just fucking hideous, and PERFECT for this show.

#14 Kevin King

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:14 PM

What happened to The Wraith?

#15 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 20 May 2017 - 01:16 PM

View PostKevin King, on 20 May 2017 - 01:14 PM, said:

What happened to The Wraith?

On the shelf right next to Chopping Mall. We'll see them in the coming months, never fear.
Captain Manzini: "You smell like a fire hydrant." - Who Said Eloquence was Dead?, Garbage Pail Kids the Movie

No-Prize Champion

#16 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,046 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:55 PM

Attention dudes: literally no one cares what the first thing you jerked your pathetic junk to was.
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#17 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:58 PM

Where can we start a petition to permanently ban Jacob's Ladder Scenarios and Shared Universes from the C+Os? What if we just agree every film could possibly be both things in some way, assume it's a law of nature, and never say it again?

No-Prize Champion

#18 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,871 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:07 PM

View PostCakeBug Tranch, on 20 May 2017 - 02:58 PM, said:

Where can we start a petition to permanently ban Jacob's Ladder Scenarios and Shared Universes from the C+Os? What if we just agree every film could possibly be both things in some way, assume it's a law of nature, and never say it again?

If you think about it, the day that we're born we begin to die. So, really, isn't a person's whole life just one big Jacob's Ladder Scenario?
Walker: Hey, I know all the good words.

Timecop (1994)

Gaston: It was a bore!

Gigi (1958)

#19 Ofcoursemyhorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 937 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 03:47 PM

View PostSmigg, on 20 May 2017 - 12:38 AM, said:

Also, putting Mortal Kombat: Annihilation aside. To answer the question posed in the actual thread, I would go with 'Ready To Rumble', the Pro-Wrestling comedy starring David Arquette, Scott Caan, Oliver Platt, Rose McGowan, and Joe Pantoliano.

Take 'No Holds Barred', removie the cheesy 80s action movie charm, the knowledge of pro-wrestling, and add in David Arquette. It's just fucking hideous, and PERFECT for this show.

Ready to Rumble is so fucking strange. It acknowledges that wrestling is staged while at the same time, setting it up as life and death stakes for the wrestling matches.

Also who in their right mind thought that Oliver Platt was a solid choice to play a fucking wrestler. He just looks so out of place.

Running Man is such a solid choice, if you want something fun to do look at Schwarzeneggers IMDB and try reading all the characters names he's played in his accent.

Gordy Brewer, Howard Langston, Jericho Cane, and Adam Gibson are all personal favorites.

#20 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,458 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 20 May 2017 - 04:00 PM

I assume that the fact that 'Gamer' was covered by the podcast relatively recently (essentially a massive 'Running Man' rip-off) is going to be a central point of conversation? Or is 'RM' on the podcast because it's set in 2017 and has a former TV star as president, making the parallels too good to pass by?

No-Prize Champion