🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 162.5 - Minisode 162.5

The importance of radio signals, jerking it, and much more is covered on this week’s mini-sode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for My Stepmother Is An Alien and the Movie Bitches review Beauty and the Beast. Plus, you’ll find out which dystopian film we’ll be covering next week!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepublic.com/user/howdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

I hope for next week's episode they retitle the show "Thank God This Got Made".

• Like 2

I FUCKING LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!!!

Also probably one of the few movies that improves upon the story that it is based upon, which is pretty impressive as the story is really good.

• Like 2

Amusingly misedited Paul Ask segment. Probably could've used a bit more nerd to get it right.

;)

Okay, this is an episode that I can really get into, because I own pretty much every Schwarzenegger movie (apart from Junior). I fucking love The Running Man.

Also, putting Mortal Kombat: Annihilation aside. To answer the question posed in the actual thread, I would go with 'Ready To Rumble', the Pro-Wrestling comedy starring David Arquette, Scott Caan, Oliver Platt, Rose McGowan, and Joe Pantoliano.

Take 'No Holds Barred', remove the cheesy 80s action movie charm, the knowledge of pro-wrestling, and add in David Arquette. It's just fucking hideous, and PERFECT for this show.

• Like 1

What happened to The Wraith?

On the shelf right next to Chopping Mall. We'll see them in the coming months, never fear.

• Like 3

Attention dudes: literally no one cares what the first thing you jerked your pathetic junk to was.

• Like 7

Where can we start a petition to permanently ban Jacob's Ladder Scenarios and Shared Universes from the C+Os? What if we just agree every film could possibly be both things in some way, assume it's a law of nature, and never say it again?

• Like 7

Where can we start a petition to permanently ban Jacob's Ladder Scenarios and Shared Universes from the C+Os? What if we just agree every film could possibly be both things in some way, assume it's a law of nature, and never say it again?

If you think about it, the day that we're born we begin to die. So, really, isn't a person's whole life just one big Jacob's Ladder Scenario?

• Like 6

Also, putting Mortal Kombat: Annihilation aside. To answer the question posed in the actual thread, I would go with 'Ready To Rumble', the Pro-Wrestling comedy starring David Arquette, Scott Caan, Oliver Platt, Rose McGowan, and Joe Pantoliano.

Take 'No Holds Barred', removie the cheesy 80s action movie charm, the knowledge of pro-wrestling, and add in David Arquette. It's just fucking hideous, and PERFECT for this show.

Ready to Rumble is so fucking strange. It acknowledges that wrestling is staged while at the same time, setting it up as life and death stakes for the wrestling matches.

Also who in their right mind thought that Oliver Platt was a solid choice to play a fucking wrestler. He just looks so out of place.

Running Man is such a solid choice, if you want something fun to do look at Schwarzeneggers IMDB and try reading all the characters names he's played in his accent.

Gordy Brewer, Howard Langston, Jericho Cane, and Adam Gibson are all personal favorites.

• Like 3

I assume that the fact that 'Gamer' was covered by the podcast relatively recently (essentially a massive 'Running Man' rip-off) is going to be a central point of conversation? Or is 'RM' on the podcast because it's set in 2017 and has a former TV star as president, making the parallels too good to pass by?

• Like 5

Take 'No Holds Barred', removie the cheesy 80s action movie charm, the knowledge of pro-wrestling, and add in David Arquette. It's just fucking hideous, and PERFECT for this show.

There's a pretty good thread in the recommendation forum about this movie because it needs to be done. Not only was a side story of this movie that Arquette actually became the WCW Heavyweight Champion to help promote it, but a subplot of the movie is how the main characters get free slurpees by sticking their hands up their own asses.

Attention dudes: literally no one cares what the first thing you jerked your pathetic junk to was.

I'm assuming this was something mentioned in the mini-ep because otherwise this just seems like a really random comment on a bad movie chat thread.

• Like 3

There's a pretty good thread in the recommendation forum about this movie because it needs to be done. Not only was a side story of this movie that Arquette actually became the WCW Heavyweight Champion to help promote it, but a subplot of the movie is how the main characters get free slurpees by sticking their hands up their own asses.

Was this movie one of the things that led to WWE overtaking WCW in terms of viewership or had that already happened at that point?

I'm assuming this was something mentioned in the mini-ep because otherwise this just seems like a really random comment on a bad movie chat thread.

Yeah. Someone called into the Explanation Hope Line just to tell Paul that this movie was the first time he "busted a nut."

Yeah. Someone called into the Explanation Hope Line just to tell Paul that this movie was the first time he "busted a nut."

Blame also has to go to Paul or whomever else decided to include that cringe-worthy shit in the mini-ep.

• Like 6

Sign in to follow this