๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 12 An American Tail (and Squeakquels)

tumblr_lp9jehEFQA1qbk7suo1_500.gif

ย 

But you're my favorite person in the Mole wide world :(

• Like 7

ย 

But you're my favorite person in the Mole wide world :(

I thought you guys would be bro-dents for ever. :(

• Like 8

ย 

I thought you guys would be bro-dents for ever. :(/>/>

ย 

Me too. It's like he doesn't even remember the time we sat up late, holding each other like a couple of cozy chinchillas, watching Nights in Rodenthe...

• Like 7

Me too. It's like he doesn't even remember the time we sat up late, holding each other like a couple of cozy chinchillas, watching Nights in Rodenthe...

Well, you know what they say. If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, you probably have an infestation.

• Like 7

I noticed this hair tonic bottle on the lower left corner, because earlier in the movie, there was a similar bottle for Princess hair tonic.

ย 

VV6KXz1.png

ย 

Well, John Pomeroy was involved with not only this movie but the other Bluth movies as well.

ย 

I don't want Pomeroy! I'm a Dapper Dan man!

066f4a699b01fe58cffd03a0cb01f8e5.jpg

ย 

There are a lot of bottles in several scenes of this movie (I'm thinking most, if not all, tonics or beauty products of some sort) particularly in the streets, inside Warren T. Rat(or Cat) suitcase/luggage pad, and one modified as a memorial (maybe?) for Fievel inside the Mousekewitz doctors bag/New York home/tailor shop... I want to talk about that one...

ย 

post-19567-0-11384700-1495644212.jpg

ย 

ืชึผื ืฆื‘ืฒื” <----Top Text translated via Google reads "Annabeth"

ย 

ื‘ึขื™ื™ื“ื“ึถืฆืœ<----- Bottom Text translated via Google reads "B.Heidelberg"

ย 

So "Annabeth B.Heidelberg" must be the brand name (I think...) but I was not able to find anything more about it and when I reversed translated "Annabeth B.Heidelberg" from english to Hebrew I got a different set of characters as the result

ย 

ืื ื‘ืช ' <----Different Top Text result when translated back from english

ย 

ื‘. ื”ื™ื™ื“ืœื‘ืจื’<-----Different Bottom Text result when translated back from english

ย 

(This was another one of my notes that I still think about)

post-19567-0-11384700-1495644212_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Well, you know what they say. If you love something, let it go. If it comes back, you probably have an infestation.

ย 

That's actually a good point though. I kind of gave it a pass on this movie because of the time period it was set, but when I was watching Rescuers Down Under a couple of weeks ago, I had a real problem with all the vermin setting up their fancy restaurant in the chandelier of a fancy human restaurant. Can you imagine going out for a lovely supper only to have these little plague carriers nibbling scraps just above your head? The Health Department really needs to shut that place down.

• Like 7

I thought you guys would be bro-dents for ever. :(

ย 

:( Seriously... You should stop this dumb pun fight... right meow!

• Like 7

ย 

You're not kitten

ย 

Phew! I ain't LION, but I had just run out of rodent puns. Thanks for helping me avoid that CATastrophe! ;)

• Like 7

Phew! I ain't LION, but I had just run out of rodent puns. Thanks for helping me avoid that CATastrophe! ;)

Well if you'd quit pussy-footing around the issue you could have avoided that trap on your own.

• Like 7

ย 

That's unbelievable! You've cat to be kitten me... Now I'm getting a little bit dizzy... If this puntinues I feline going to be sick 4REALZ ;)

• Like 5

Guys, I think with all these doggone puns, Fister might have cheesed it. Pussy. ;)

please don't shrew this, I can't take the puns anymore either

• Like 5

There are a lot of bottles in several scenes of this movie (I'm thinking most, if not all, tonics or beauty products of some sort) particularly in the streets, inside Warren T. Rat(or Cat) suitcase/luggage pad, and one modified as a memorial (maybe?) for Fievel inside the Mousekewitz doctors bag/New York home/tailor shop... I want to talk about that one...

ย 

ืชึผื ืฆื‘ืฒื” <----Top Text translated via Google reads "Annabeth"

ย 

ื‘ึขื™ื™ื“ื“ึถืฆืœ<----- Bottom Text translated via Google reads "B.Heidelberg"

ย 

So "Annabeth B.Heidelberg" must be the brand name (I think...) but I was not able to find anything more about it and when I reversed translated "Annabeth B.Heidelberg" from english to Hebrew I got a different set of characters as the result

ย 

ืื ื‘ืช ' <----Different Top Text result when translated back from english

ย 

ื‘. ื”ื™ื™ื“ืœื‘ืจื’<-----Different Bottom Text result when translated back from english

ย 

(This was another one of my notes that I still think about)

ย 

But then why does it say "BEATT..." on the side of the bottle?

• Like 5

ย 

ย 

Ya'know what tomspanks? I like YOU!!!

ย 

I asked that myself too! THE MYSTERY CONTINUES

ย 

ย 

-Changing the subject-

ย 

I wanted to add/say that I recognized Pat Musick (who does the voice of Tony Toponi) by her voice because she also did an almost identical voice (maybe a little less italian accent-Y) for the character of Miranda the reporter/photographer in the recently remastered 1995 PC Point & Click Adventure Game "Full Throttle"

ย 

Go to 16mins:52sec and 20mins:52sec timestamps to listen to Pat in action

ย 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybJMGDm8aTE

ย 

(Yet another one of my notes)

• Like 7

ย 

Ya'know what tomspanks? I like YOU!!!

ย 

I asked that myself too! THE MYSTERY CONTINUES

ย 

ย 

-Changing the subject-

ย 

I wanted to add/say that I recognized Pat Musick (who does the voice of Tony Toponi) by her voice because she also did an almost identical voice (maybe a little less italian accent-Y) for the character of Miranda the reporter/photographer in the recently remastered 1995 PC Point & Click Adventure Game "Full Throttle"

ย 

Go to 16mins:52sec and 20mins:52sec timestamps to listen to Pat in action

ย 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybJMGDm8aTE

ย 

(Yet another one of my notes)

Holy shiiiiiiit, I played this game SO MUCH in the 1990s. What a great pull! I'm always grateful to discover a voiceover connection that I had not recognized before. Thank you!

• Like 4

Holy shiiiiiiit, I played this game SO MUCH in the 1990s. What a great pull! I'm always grateful to discover a voiceover connection that I had not recognized before. Thank you!

ย 

You are Welcome! I also played that game a bunch and I know all the dialogue... I did not make the connection sooner because as a kid I always watched the spanish dubbed version of An American Tail.

ย 

ย 

ย 

I remembered what my theory was about the BEATT at the side of the bottle.

ย 

Maybe it was the middle name like, "Annabeth Beatt-Something Heidelberg"

ย 

It could stand for Beattrice.

ย 

insert more FUNNY puns here

ย 

ftfy ;)

• Like 4

I drove by the local theater that put on High School Musical last fall. It turns out they did Cabaret as well. Guess I need to look at next season's lineup to find out what movies we'll be picking.

• Like 3

Also, the sequel featured Jimmy Stewart's final performance, and we definitely will be talking about it, so fucking strap in!

ย 

Later today I'll rewatch Fievel Goes West and take notes (Last week while watching it I saw that its basiclly the same story and story beats as the first one but in the old West with a few tweeks her and there and the few new things are Sheriff Burp, Tiger's Girlfriend, Tanyas singing carreer/aspirations)

ย 

Meanwhile I'll leave you with screen grabs of the silent, blink-and-you'll-miss-it, quick cameos from 3 supporting characters from part 1 that I noticed last week...

ย 

"Honest" John, Bridget and Tony Toponi (And their baby!? :o)

ย 

post-19567-0-35786400-1495822675.jpg

ย 

post-19567-0-35786400-1495822675_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I take a week off work and you guys really talk about this movie. I have nothing to add and I missed all the mouse puns.

• Like 4