Episode 163.5 - Minisode 163.5

49 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

Earwolf Buddy

• Administrators
  • 5,121 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:09 AM

The power of Lactaid, the difference between a chainsaw and a buzzsaw and much more is covered on this week’s mini-sode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for The Running Man and we hear a behind the scenes story of The Running Man from director Steven de Souza (listen to the rest on Episode 57 of I Was There Too). Plus, you’ll find out which action-horror film we’ll be covering next week!

LA: Come check out the HDTGM Art Show over at Gallery 1988 (www.gallery1988.com).

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepubli...wdidthisgetmade
Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:
Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. Paul can be seen on Veep. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.
listen to scott aukerman on the latest ep of my podcast trends with benefits twb.cool

#2 Royboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 194 posts
  • LocationTucson, AZ

Posted 02 June 2017 - 12:47 AM

The Wraith? Cool.

Though poor Chopping Mall still awaits its turn. Was anyone at that live show? Anything happen that could explain the delay?

#3 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:32 AM

View PostRoyboy, on 02 June 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

The Wraith? Cool.

Though poor Chopping Mall still awaits its turn. Was anyone at that live show? Anything happen that could explain the delay?

they just save episodes for when there will be break in recordings. it's summer so i guess they saved a couple of eps to cover holidays or they're away shooting something

#4 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 02 June 2017 - 03:35 AM

the explanation hope caller about the video reminded me of this. it's not the same but any excuse ...

#5 JammerLea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:11 AM

Oh god, someone gave them Brainscan. Now my roommate is gonna have an excuse to make me watch it.

Also, Dear Paul, I don't need to know about anyone getting off to these movies. TMI. Please don't encourage them.

#6 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:37 AM

View PostJammerLea, on 02 June 2017 - 05:11 AM, said:

Also, Dear Paul, I don't need to know about anyone getting off to these movies. TMI. Please don't encourage them.

Totally agree. Creepy dudes need no encouragement.
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#7 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,519 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:05 AM

View PostRoyboy, on 02 June 2017 - 12:47 AM, said:

The Wraith? Cool.

Plus The Wraith was filmed in your home town!
Mark: "But I thought we are all orpans." Deep Down inside, we all are, Miami Connection

Dorothy Shaw: "I like a man who can run faster than I can." Choosy, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

No-Prize Champion
Vampire's Kiss; xXx: Return of Xander Cage; Body Parts; The Running Man

#8 joel_rosenbaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:10 AM

Enjoying the dub theme for the explanation hopeline.

#9 Smigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 07:19 AM

I just found out Lucy Pinder is going to be in Sharknado 5. That gives me a reason to watch it.

Then I found out Katie Price is going to be in Sharknado 5. That gives me a reason to not watch it.

#10 kateacola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 437 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:31 AM

View PostJammerLea, on 02 June 2017 - 05:11 AM, said:

also agree
Posted Image

#11 Cam Bert

Foreign Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,040 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:42 AM

As a general rule of thumb nobody, not your closest friends or those that you love, wants to hear about the first time you got off.
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)

#12 joel_rosenbaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 08:53 AM

Setting aside objectionable EHL callers, I'm a little disappointed that philk didn't get any love for his operatic analysis of Dynamo's introduction. It could have tied in quite nicely with the CO winner from Sleepwalkers in this Fugees/Bounty Killer classic:

#13 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

Also, I want to say that I totally agree with Paul: that dude's Arnold impersonation is hilariously bad.
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#14 JammerLea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:07 PM

Oh man, I finally checked out the HDTGM art show page at Gallery 1988 and there's some really nice work there! I hope the show does well! I really wish I had had the nerve to contribute.

#15 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 02 June 2017 - 02:14 PM

View PostJammerLea, on 02 June 2017 - 02:07 PM, said:

Oh man, I finally checked out the HDTGM art show page at Gallery 1988 and there's some really nice work there! I hope the show does well! I really wish I had had the nerve to contribute.

there's some beautiful pieces there. i was going to try my luck with my sign for mr. nanny but i'm glad i didn't now. my favs are the theodore rex and cobra pieces. between all that art work and all the themes coming in ... there's some very talented people out there.

#16 Ofcoursemyhorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 05:47 PM

Yea its unfortunate that some dudes arent getting the fucking joke when Jason says something gross. The reason we laugh at Jason is because he clearly doesnt mean it.

When you call in to tell some anecdotal story of your emergence into puberty. Its not a joke, its a fucking weird glimpse into your psyche.

#17 Jack Frost

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 02 June 2017 - 06:30 PM

The Wraith is on regular Netflix streaming.

I will always hear you.

#18 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:11 PM

View PostOfcoursemyhorse, on 02 June 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

Yea its unfortunate that some dudes arent getting the fucking joke when Jason says something gross. The reason we laugh at Jason is because he clearly doesnt mean it.

between paul playing people's masturbatory histories and him reading out the condom adverts .. i've been making this face alot lately.

Posted Image

#19 Smigg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 944 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 01:53 PM

View PostOfcoursemyhorse, on 02 June 2017 - 05:47 PM, said:

When you call in to tell some anecdotal story of your emergence into puberty. Its not a joke, its a fucking weird glimpse into your psyche.

In fact, here's a handy guide... hehe "handy" guide...

If you say you jacked off to something that you wouldn't think about jacking off to... That's the joke, it's subverting the premise, and makes you the butt of the joke.

If you say you jacked off to something that you would think about jacking off to... That's too much info

So, some possible examples...

"You know something, that chicken scene in LOL... I must have jacked off about three or four times watching it!" - Obvious joke

"That scene when that really hot woman wasn't wearing much... I must have jacked off about three or four times watching it!" - That's a statement of fact.

It doesn't bother me, but there's a time and place.

#20 24 Hour Party Pizza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCascadia

Posted 03 June 2017 - 02:50 PM

Welp, we finally got an answer on Southland Tales.

Posted Image

Such a bummer. I think we had figured that it was because of Earwolf friends, but at least we know finally.