đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 63 - Rebel Without a Cause with Jack Grinnage and guest hosted by Amanda Lund and Maria Blasucci

While Matt is off getting married and honeymooned, I Was There Too will feature a special run of guest hosted episodes! This week actor Jack Grinnage joins guest hosts Amanda Lund and Maria Blasucci to discuss the 1955 film Rebel Without a Cause. Jack explains how he lied about his age to get a role in the movie, his college friendship with actress Beverly Long, and how they built the action around James Dean’s strengths. Then, they talk about the evolution of craft services, why everyone wanted to be paid for “golden time,” and how a terrible interview got Jack cast in King Creole. Finally, Jack tells of meeting Colonel Tom Parker, why he never saw Elvis out of makeup, and Laurence Olivier’s reaction to finding Jack in his chair during the filming of Spartacus.

Wow, Jack was there too a lot. Compliments to the Meatgals on a great show. And a raised eyebrow of confusion to Matt on possibly forgetting to bring something important along on his honeymoon.

And a raised eyebrow of confusion to Matt on possibly forgetting to bring something important along on his honeymoon.

I was curious about that, too. My only guess is that they were banking episodes and he just didn't have time to do enough himself.

Fun episode. The ones discussing older movies are really interesting.

(Also, I'm just listening to this now and I realize that the Squeakquel 'news' in this week's episode was not in fact new.)

Sign in to follow this