🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 190 - Bang Rodgman, Our Spinoff Friend

bang was funny, going to lay claim to any potential comedy bang bang rodgman jokes.

Thanks for leaving me the "Gang Bang Rodgman" joke. I mean, I'm straight as an arrow, but that man is looking hot AF in this episode's pics.

• Like 6

From the HH Facebook page, 14 minutes ago:

"Hey friends, Intern Andy here. Bad news for our haters, the show is NOT ending. There is more good Hollywood podcast to come"

I mean, I should know better by this point, but I really thought this was it

HH has a Facebook page?

• Like 5

Great, funny ep, but it's a bit hypocritical for Sean to say he's over all the games. Are they quitting? Or aren't they? Oh, so sick of these p. cast games!

• Like 3

Nice knowing you all. I'll hang back here and douse the curtains with kerosene before burning this all down. Be sure to take your jackets with you.

• Like 9

I've got one more idea for a hayes spinoff. You guys ready?

It's called Boyz Night Out, Hayes, his co-host, and the guest (s) go out for a night on the town, hijinks ensue.

Possible cohosts:

- Jon Gabrus

- Nick Wiger

- Howard Kremer

- Hal Rudnick

- Sean?

• Like 6

I've got one more idea for a hayes spinoff. You guys ready?

It's called Boyz Night Out, Hayes, his co-host, and the guest (s) go out for a night on the town, hijinks ensue.

Possible cohosts:

- Jon Gabrus

- Nick Wiger

- Howard Kremer

- Hal Rudnick

- Sean?

-Conor Lovat-Fraser?

• Like 2

I think Hayes and Pat Sajak could have some really good chemistry

• Like 5

I'm just glad cody is taking so well to his new ibs therapy.

• Like 4

George Brett's bat is in the hall of fame because after he was declared out (which ended the game) the Royals objected to the decision, and the league found in the Royals favor.

This resulted in a real MLB oddity: they restarted the game at a later date, right after Brett's previously invalidated home run.

Odd incident in baseball lore.

• Like 4

George Brett's bat is in the hall of fame because after he was declared out (which ended the game) the Royals objected to the decision, and the league found in the Royals favor.

This resulted in a real MLB oddity: they restarted the game at a later date, right after Brett's previously invalidated home run.

Odd incident in baseball lore.

Is George Brett related to Engineer Brett at all? Like his dad or something? I wonder if he taught Engineer Brett how to use pine tar to become the head engineer or anything like that

• Like 4

Recently I've been struggling to make vegetarian suet to put in my birdfeeder.* Normally I buy manufactured suet cakes from the birdseed store that's up the hill from my house, but when I went there on Saturday they were completely out of them. Now I knew that suet is basically solid fat plus various healthy bird treats like nuts and seeds and stuff, so I figured maybe I could make some with coconut oil in place of the usual beef lard that's in most store-bought suet cakes. I'm sure some of you are rolling your eyes at me right now, and I know what you're thinking. The melting point of coconut oil is barely above room temperature, and you want to put it outside? In Atlanta? In the SUMMER? I obviously already knew that, because I'm not an IDOIT, but I found a suet recipe online and somebody in the comments said they substituted coconut oil and it didn't melt even in southern Louisiana, so I figured I'd be ok. It called for a 1 to 1 mixture of fat (coconut oil in my case) and peanutbutter, plus some flour, so I guessed maybe that formed some sort of matrix that kept the cake from melting, i don't know. What am I, a food chemist? So anyway, I followed the recipe, except I put flax seeds into it instead of nuts. Not for any special reason, I simply happened to have a bag of flax seeds in the pantry. I froze the suet in a plastic tub to give it a nice brick shape that would fit the feeder. Long story short, a few hours later I took the suet block out and put it in the feeder. The birds found it within a couple minutes, which was encouraging, but less encouraging were the droplets i could see all over the suet brick. Well...turns out that was condensation because the suet was still cold from the freezer, so I thought maybe I was in the clear. No such luck. Once the block thawed out, it totally melted and fell through the wires of the feeder, and made a nasty barf-looking puddle on the ground below. Man oh man, can I tell you something? I was very discouraged. I was starting to think my whole homemade suet project was a failure and that I'd have to wait until the birdseed store got a new shipment of suet cakes, which could take an entire week. That's a whole week of pissed off birds landing on the empty feeder and glaring in at me, and who needs that kind of hassle?

To make matters worse, I went up to the seed shop today, and they still hadn't restocked. The owner said the suet cakes probably wouldn't arrive till next week! I don't mind telling you, that put me into a bit of a panic. But then I remembered something a good friend once told me: "if you simmer flax seeds in a little bit of water, they secrete a thick gelatin-like substance, maybe try to use some of that as a binding agent to keep the coconut oil cake from dissolving." I remember it like it was yesterday, but in reality she gave me this suggestion back on Saturday and I ignored it at the time. :P With new resolve, I threw two tablespoons of flax seeds into a pot with about 1/4 cup of simmering water and stirred it until it began to thicken. In the meantime, I took my remaining coconut oil cake from the freezer and melted it in the microwave. It was only a few minutes before it was time to mix the original recipe with the flax seed gelatin-like goop. Then I packed the resulting soft doughy mixture back into the mold and put it back in the freezer. I was sweating bullets when I put the new version of the suet into the feeder about an hour ago, but damn if it isn't holding up like a champ! So even in these trying times, some stories do have a happy ending!**

*I know birds don't care about eating animal products. They are voracious little monsters with no conscience. BUT, I am vegetarian and so I don't keep beef lard in my house. I could have bought some at the grocery store, but I felt weird about it even though I wouldn't be eating it myself.

**Oh, also if the flax seed gelatin subsititute failed I was going to try again using agar. I bet that would have worked equally well, so if you have agar but no flax seeds, you may want to give it a try. If you do, please post your results here, I'll be interested to know how it works for you.

PS good Hollywood Handbook ep, very funny. Please don't cut Hayes out of the podcast in the future, even for a joke. He's very nice and I honestly think the show wouldn't be as good without him.

Edit: i just checked the outside temperature and its only 74 degrees fahrenheit. Now I'm super worried that the reason the cake isn't melting is because its cool out, and not because of my awesome flax-seed invention. When it warms up outside I'll update this. Keep me in your prayers! :unsure:

• Like 13

vegetarian? more like vege-SISSY

sorry, but i'm a little bit EDGY and seeing beta cucks feeding flax to birds pisses me OFF B)

bigpot6.jpg

• Like 12

It's the forums baby, get used to it

I know there's no conflict going on but I posted this in case there was any rude lurkers

• Like 12

Recently I've been struggling to make vegetarian suet to put in my birdfeeder.* Normally I buy manufactured suet cakes from the birdseed store that's up the hill from my house, but when I went there on Saturday they were completely out of them. Now I knew that suet is basically solid fat plus various healthy bird treats like nuts and seeds and stuff, so I figured maybe I could make some with coconut oil in place of the usual beef lard that's in most store-bought suet cakes. I'm sure some of you are rolling your eyes at me right now, and I know what you're thinking. The melting point of coconut oil is barely above room temperature, and you want to put it outside? In Atlanta? In the SUMMER? I obviously already knew that, because I'm not an IDOIT, but I found a suet recipe online and somebody in the comments said they substituted coconut oil and it didn't melt even in southern Louisiana, so I figured I'd be ok. It called for a 1 to 1 mixture of fat (coconut oil in my case) and peanutbutter, plus some flour, so I guessed maybe that formed some sort of matrix that kept the cake from melting, i don't know. What am I, a food chemist? So anyway, I followed the recipe, except I put flax seeds into it instead of nuts. Not for any special reason, I simply happened to have a bag of flax seeds in the pantry. I froze the suet in a plastic tub to give it a nice brick shape that would fit the feeder. Long story short, a few hours later I took the suet block out and put it in the feeder. The birds found it within a couple minutes, which was encouraging, but less encouraging were the droplets i could see all over the suet brick. Well...turns out that was condensation because the suet was still cold from the freezer, so I thought maybe I was in the clear. No such luck. Once the block thawed out, it totally melted and fell through the wires of the feeder, and made a nasty barf-looking puddle on the ground below. Man oh man, can I tell you something? I was very discouraged. I was starting to think my whole homemade suet project was a failure and that I'd have to wait until the birdseed store got a new shipment of suet cakes, which could take an entire week. That's a whole week of pissed off birds landing on the empty feeder and glaring in at me, and who needs that kind of hassle?

To make matters worse, I went up to the seed shop today, and they still hadn't restocked. The owner said the suet cakes probably wouldn't arrive till next week! I don't mind telling you, that put me into a bit of a panic. But then I remembered something a good friend once told me: "if you simmer flax seeds in a little bit of water, they secrete a thick gelatin-like substance, maybe try to use some of that as a binding agent to keep the coconut oil cake from dissolving." I remember it like it was yesterday, but in reality she gave me this suggestion back on Saturday and I ignored it at the time. :P With new resolve, I threw two tablespoons of flax seeds into a pot with about 1/4 cup of simmering water and stirred it until it began to thicken. In the meantime, I took my remaining coconut oil cake from the freezer and melted it in the microwave. It was only a few minutes before it was time to mix the original recipe with the flax seed gelatin-like goop. Then I packed the resulting soft doughy mixture back into the mold and put it back in the freezer. I was sweating bullets when I put the new version of the suet into the feeder about an hour ago, but damn if it isn't holding up like a champ! So even in these trying times, some stories do have a happy ending!**

*I know birds don't care about eating animal products. They are voracious little monsters with no conscience. BUT, I am vegetarian and so I don't keep beef lard in my house. I could have bought some at the grocery store, but I felt weird about it even though I wouldn't be eating it myself.

**Oh, also if the flax seed gelatin subsititute failed I was going to try again using agar. I bet that would have worked equally well, so if you have agar but no flax seeds, you may want to give it a try. If you do, please post your results here, I'll be interested to know how it works for you.

PS good Hollywood Handbook ep, very funny. Please don't cut Hayes out of the podcast in the future, even for a joke. He's very nice and I honestly think the show wouldn't be as good without him.

Edit: i just checked the outside temperature and its only 74 degrees fahrenheit. Now I'm super worried that the reason the cake isn't melting is because its cool out, and not because of my awesome flax-seed invention. When it warms up outside I'll update this. Keep me in your prayers! :unsure:

been a long time since anyone posted a HomeGrown Tomatoes script but this is one of the best yet, way to go

• Like 10

btw too many non-episode threads this week new bees. plesae to try to keep all talk in the episode thread, so shannon doesnt ban us

• Like 12

vegetarian? more like vege-SISSY

sorry, but i'm a little bit EDGY and seeing beta cucks feeding flax to birds pisses me OFF B)

bigpot6.jpg

Yeah well for every three animals you eat, I'll throw up NINE animals!

• Like 8

The only suet cake I'm interested in is plastered on Lin Manuel Miranda's face as the chimney sweep in the live action remake of Mary poppins, the only vomit pile lookin thing below him is actual upchuck from the haters his flow so sick

• Like 8

mary poppins was live action in the first place, if theyre going to remake it it should be a cartoon now.

• Like 11

The live action/cartoon remake of "Mary Poppins" should be one where the humans are animated and the dancing penguins are real penguins.

• Like 8

Sign in to follow this