🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 295 - The Mopes Trilogy Pt. 1

Eugene Cordero, Jessica McKenna, Jon Gabrus, Dan Lippert, and Zach Reino join Matt Besser for part one of a new improvisational saga! Join wealthy twin heirs Jess and Jon along with personal assistant Gene as they attempt to inherit billionaire Sanford Micheal’s fortune by performing fifty jobs in fifty weeks. Will they succeed in their tasks as orca sperm harvesters? Can they recall all Fifteen Commandments of working in a fondue restaurant? What happens when an entire GPS factory assembly line goes on break? Find out on this edition of The Mopes Trilogy!

• Like 1

1.) That is yet another all-star lineup of improvisers!

2.) Sounds like we're in store for another "These Fat Crackers"-esque treat! Can't wait!

• Like 1

Great episode. I really like the narrative experiments. The "These Fat Crackers" trilogy include some of my favorite moments in I4H history, and are three episodes I've listened to maybe a dozen times each. Christmas specials were great as well. I think it's because Besser is very good at grounding a scene and making a narrative that is funny and lends itself to really funny moments. The best scenes in any episode are always the ones where Besser is more active in choosing the direction the scene is going, which he is forced to do more of in the episodes where the characters are the same throughout.

I think it goes a little unnoticed -- a huge part of the reason why I4H improv scenes are the best isn't just the talented guests, but Besser being able to give them a setting and direction that lays the foundation for the best bits. He's better at this than any other podcast host I've heard.

Really looking forward to the next two parts, and really looking forward to more stuff like this in the future. Don't comment a lot, but I4H is the best goddamn podcast in the universe and it's because of stuff like this. Keep experimenting Matt, love it.

• Like 4

You have to feel for Eugene because you know he's just going to get more and more cum on him.

So ready for part 2! One of the best eps I've heard. Next to the "my little pony" bit with PFT (and others. Wish I could remember their names) a couple years ago. Maybe it's because I listened to it at 2:00 AM, but I still laugh when I think about that.

So ready for part 2! One of the best eps I've heard. Next to the "my little pony" bit with PFT (and others. Wish I could remember their names) a couple years ago. Maybe it's because I listened to it at 2:00 AM, but I still laugh when I think about that.

http://www.earwolf.com/episode/old-dread-ben/

These are the others you were looking for. *thumbs up*

• Like 1