🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 117 - Highway Clean Up (w/ Kumail Nanjiani, Emily V. Gordon, Dan Ahdoot, Tawny Newsome, Mano Agapion)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes little sound makers to Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special return guests are Kumail Nanjiani and Emily V. Gordon of The Big Sick! They chat about when they first learned what SEX was and how, what medical condition you may contract as a result of seeing their movie, and Kumail's favorite Vanessa Williams songs. Paul is then joined by Dan Ahdoot, Tawny Newsome, and Mano Agapion, to improvise a story set at a Highway Clean Up. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

It's been my secret wish for Emily and Kumail to return as guests together. I'm looking forward to their movie!

I love Dan Ahdoot as the mom, but several times I accidentally imagined the characters at a donut factory instead of a highway.

• Like 1

Loved the benign/be nine bit and how long it went on.

One of many, many gems that Tawny produced in this one.

Go see The Big Sick! It's really good! It's very sweet and very funny, with an awesome cast (especially Holly Hunter). My only disappointment is that Emily Gordon doesn't play herself.

Sign in to follow this