🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 296 - The Rudest Alarm Clock

Scott Aukerman, Anthony King, and Alex Fernie join Matt Besser for this week’s improv4humans! They turn suggestions from Twitter into scenes about getting blacklisted from alarm clock stores, the consequences of celebrating Kid’s Day, and pragmatic fairy tale parents. Later, a Crap on Youtube leads to a confrontation about asking permission to order food on a date, and a rock group decides to destroy the venue for their encore.

296 - Scott Aukerman, Anthony King, Alex Fernie

(00:53 - 13:48) Intro Question - “What’s the strongest opinion you’ve had lately that other people have had an issue with?” - A recording artist is determined to feature the producer/Getting blacklisted by the alarm clock industry

(13:55 - 25:29) Let’s Talk Some More About That - Is it weird to wear a sweater made out of your dog’s hair? - Partygoers only want to talk about their angel hair

(27:27 - 43:20) Question from Listener - “What was the worst Fathers’ Day gift you’ve ever given?” - 16-year-old demands to continue the Kid’s Day tradition

(44:24 - 49:22) Question from Listener - “Would you rather know how you will die or when you will die?” - Fairy tale parents act pragmatically in response to a prophecy

(49:27 - 59:00) Crap on Youtube - “Man Gets Rude Woman to Re-imburse Him For Movie Ticket After Bad Date” - Confronting your date about not asking permission to order food

(59:06 - 1:10:42) Twitter Suggestion - devolution - Band decides to destroy the show venue for the encore

(1:10:47 - 1:19:47) Man on the Street Interview - New bus driver mistakes - Using a story about leaving a kid at a bus stop as your entire resume

(1:19:54 - 1:30:38) Twitter Suggestion - Removal - Partygoers slowly figure out that no one knows each other

• Like 1

Ah, so Scotty Auk's hoping to get that I4H bump for his own podcast. Hope it works out for him.

• Like 1

A certain member of this podcast is spoiling the hell out of their kid

I won't name names though

• Like 1

Do we think that Matt Besser's prominent mentioning of the fact that Comedy Bang Bang is reaching a 500 episode milestone was also a sly way of emphasizing the fact that Improv4Humans is also approaching a 300 episode milestone, and -- as he made clear on the 200th episode -- Matt will simply not tolerate any further failure on the part of corporate podcast culture to acknowledge this kind of achievement? Or, am I sounding a little too much like Alex Jones here?

Also -- though I thoroughly enjoyed this episode -- whatever happened to the continuation of the multi-episode Mope arc from last week? I really hope that that will continue.

Also (at the clear risk of outstaying my welcome) -- I really like how much Scott Aukerman's improv style differs from most people who appear on this podcast, insofar as he will sometimes appear to willfully focus on inane, dead-end details (as he does on CBB) in an apparent effort to derail everything, which forces the other (more classically trained) improvisers to try to deal with his gleefully-introduced roadblocks. Talented and experienced improvisers (such as those featured here) are usually up to the challenge, but the results are always very engaging.

• Like 3

Such a great episode, that last scene was especially great

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this