🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 14 (EvRobert's Pick)

I can see that the tastes in this group don't go in just One Direction.

• Like 7

I liked BSB more than NSYNC.

Remember 98 Degrees??

And OTown?

• Like 5

Ooooh I suddenly feel very young lol

ANYONE WANNA TALK ABOUT N*SYNC VS BSB???

giphy.gif

Me too...

I did* like both Nsync and BSB.

But I got into Nsync first, so they were always first for me.

And Lance was my favorite of Nsync haha

*still do jam out to both in my car sometimes..

• Like 5

This is a great joke :)

• Like 7

I really don't understand your taste in men.

don't worry, I understand it.. lol

• Like 6

I really don't understand your taste in men.

Evidently my type is "gay."

• Like 8

This is a great joke :)

giphy.gif

• Like 7

tumblr_inline_ne9j8fOKuX1ruru1j.gif

BSB 4eva!

favorite Backstreet boy was :

200.gif#3-grid1

Edit: have to add this gif too, lol

200.gif#47-grid1

• Like 8

HOLY JESUS FUCKBALLS IT'S THE FANTASTICKS

This was on my long list for my next pick. I saw this show twice at the Sullivan Street Theater in the 41st year of the original New York run. I came very close to directing this play back in Australia but we couldn't get the rights. I performed one of the love duets ('Try to Remember') from this musical with my then-girlfriend (now wife) in a musical theatre class at university. I have the poster for the Fantasticks currently framed on my living room wall. I have four different CD soundtracks of this show, and at least three different book-copies of the script. I once gave a conference paper on the stage at the Snapple Theater Center in New York, where the show played until THREE WEEKS AGO (that's spooky).

This movie adaptation is a disgrace and shits all over the legacy of the play.

BUT. I'm so glad we're covering it! The original show had a white character dressed like a red Indian and a whole section called the 'Rape Ballet'. Young Jerry Orbach was the original El Gallo! Young Liza Minnelli was the original Luisa! This remains the longest continually-running show in New York history (42 years, 17,000+ performances).

I WILL HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY THANK YOU EVR!

Okay, so we are like the same person.

This is literally my favorite musical of all time period. I've done it once (as Henry) and have long wanted to direct it (I have a crazy idea about how I would change up the traditional instrumentation). I cannot wait to discuss this film with people who have never seen it and people who have.

• Like 6

favorite Backstreet boy was :

200.gif#3-grid1

Edit: have to add this gif too, lol

I prefered NSync as a whole but I think Nick was my favorite boy band guy. (Probably because my two best friends in jr high 'claimed' JT and JC)

_NO3dm.gif

• Like 7

I mean, of course I had a favorite BSB...

ea20c7a61f733c494a1cd62bded1b8b7.gif

• Like 6

I mean, of course I had a favorite BSB...

ea20c7a61f733c494a1cd62bded1b8b7.gif

Shit B-Rok is gay too?

STOP TURNING ALL OUR ICONS CAMERON

• Like 6

TIL Jonathan Knight is gay.

Um, yeah. Just got married, too. Drat.

• Like 5

Also best NKOTB is Mark Whalberg ;)

Joey Fatone is the best member of n'Sync

N'Sync trumps BSB but "Everybody" is probably a singularly better song then anything N'Sync did.

• Like 7

Just wanted everyone to know I am literally on the treadmill listening to NKOTB's Greatest Hits RIGHZt NOW!

"Cover Girl" is the shit.

• Like 5

I can do that, too! Although, there's really no contest. N*Sync all the way!

My favorite:

lance_bass_2000_11_04.jpg

I'm not a gay man, but it's nice to know that if I was, I was on the right track ;)

This is the correct answer. I loooved Lance when I was a kid! I mean of course I had JT posters but I was a genuine Lance fan!

• Like 5

This is the correct answer. I loooved Lance when I was a kid! I mean of course I had JT posters but I was a genuine Lance fan!

I'm a sucker for a deep bass voice. I loved when he got the rare solo.

• Like 4

source.gif

You're goddamn right!

• Like 4

Also best NKOTB is Mark Whalberg ;)

Joey Fatone is the best member of n'Sync

N'Sync trumps BSB but "Everybody" is probably a singularly better song then anything N'Sync did.

nick-young-confused-face-300x256_nqlyaa.png

• Like 6

I always thought that on the first day N'Sync was put together, JC Chasez looked around the room and counted them off:

Joey? Too beardy.

Lance? Too gay.

Chris? Too LOL

Justin? Too weenie...

HOLY SHIT MOM I'M GOING TO BE THE BREAKOUT HEARTTHROB OF THIS BAND!

*time passes*

What's that now? Timberlake has how many Grammys and Oscar nominations? FML...

I mean, who could have seen that coming?

Back then, I never would have picked this guy to be one of our generation's biggest studs.

JT-Nsync.jpg

• Like 8

Markey Mark was a member of NKOTB for a year (or maybe less). I'm not sure why he was kicked out (probably because he was too awesome).

Joey Fatone makes me laugh. I listened to him on an episode of Tell 'Em Steve-Dave that just made me giggle.

I make extra scratch as a wedding DJ. Everybody tends to get a better response then most N'Sync stuff on the dance floor.

• Like 6

Marky Mark's mom didn't let him be in NKOTB because he was younger than all the rest and she was worried about him flunking out of school.

• Like 6

Markey Mark was a member of NKOTB for a year (or maybe less). I'm not sure why he was kicked out (probably because he was too awesome).

Joey Fatone makes me laugh. I listened to him on an episode of Tell 'Em Steve-Dave that just made me giggle.

I make extra scratch as a wedding DJ. Everybody tends to get a better response then most N'Sync stuff on the dance floor.

Joey is pretty cool. A former boss of mine met him in a bar and said he was really nice. Also, I saw him at Islands of Adventure once. Me and my girlfriend at the time ended up walking behind him after a ride and a couple of kids felt the need to heckle him. Ever since, I've had a soft spot for him. Homeboy was just trying to take in a couple coasters, he didn't need that.

• Like 5