🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Cameron H.

HDTGM Classics - Live "Posting" Group

Having "seen" 2 services, I prefer rabb.it. My IRL friends and I had a virtual movie night and it was a lot of fun. I would be more than happy to host Burlesque unless someone else wants to or owns a digital copy of it already.

This week is fine with me!

Tom has IRL friends?

giphy.gif

• Like 7

With near hundred percent certainty I can say this week works for me as well.

• Like 2

Does anyone have a preference for date and time?

So, just to make completely sure, we're talking this Friday @ 10:00PM EST. Is this a problem for anyone?

• Like 3

Stay in this Saturday midday or go out and enjoy the 34 degree weather? Hmmm...

It's good for me too.

• Like 1

Major Tom, for those of us planning to use it, is there anything we need to know about rabb.it? Do we need to register an account or anything?

Thanks again for offering to host! You're a pip!

Registration isn't required. I'll post the link here before screening time.

• Like 3

Registration isn't required. I'll post the link here before screening time.

Awesome! Thanks again!

• Like 1

I'm 50/50 about whether I'll be able to join this week, but I'll do my best. Great idea, looking forward to it!

• Like 2

Okay, I'm back! Oh...

tenor.gif

Tom and Taylor, I believe you guys were looking into different services, did you guys settle on one? Is this something where we can rotate who is hosting the video? I don't want to end up in a situation where the same person is coming out of pocket all the time. Also, if someone already owns a particular movie, that helps too.

People can definitely take turns sharing, but that may require registration. It's VERY easy though and it's not location specific so anyone can join and share whatever movie they would like!

I know we mentioned people having certain streaming services and I wanted to throw out there that I have Netflix, Hulu+, HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax. EDIT: I forgot Amazon Prime whoops.

• Like 2

People can definitely take turns sharing, but that may require registration. It's VERY easy though and it's not location specific so anyone can join and share whatever movie they would like!

I know we mentioned people having certain streaming services and I wanted to throw out there that I have Netflix, Hulu+, HBO, Showtime, and Cinemax.

Good info! If it's easier for one person to host, that's cool. I just don't want that one person to feel like they're being used if they're the one always coming out of pocket.

Also, I have Netflix, Amazon, and Hulu. (Plus a bunch of free trials I haven't taken advantage of yet ;) )

• Like 2

My friend hosted and she didn't have to register.

Sweet! Tell your "friend" thank you.

• Like 1

My friend hosted and she didn't have to register.

Oh sweet! I have yet to host but the people that I know that have already had an account so I wasn't sure.

• Like 2

They make it so easy and I'm so glad you recommended the site.

giphy.gif

(I was so close to using that exact same "you're all fucking welcome" gif)

• Like 3

I register an account anyway. Figured why not.

I don't know if there is any point to listing what services I have because even though I have Hulu and Netflix I'm pretty sure the selections are different.

• Like 1

I don't know if there is any point to listing what services I have because even though I have Hulu and Netflix I'm pretty sure the selections are different.

What Cam said. Except for the Hulu part. No Hulu (or Seeso) in Canada yet, unless you use a VPN and who can be bothered. Once I'm in the states in the fall, however, all that changes...

• Like 1

So, just to make completely sure, we're talking this Friday @ 10:00PM EST. Is this a problem for anyone?

Due to my stupid work schedule, I rarely get to participate in anything ever but this actually works for me.

• Like 1

Due to my stupid work schedule, I rarely get to participate in anything ever but this actually works for me.

Oh, that's awesome! I'm glad this works for you! :)

I'm 50/50 about whether I'll be able to join this week, but I'll do my best. Great idea, looking forward to it!

Same. I might have lost my job on Friday, and some friends are taking me out that evening to...celebrate? I'm not sure; they seem far more festive about it than I am. So I don't know if I'll be able to make it or not.

I would recommend again that - in the future - we give at least a full week's notice to make it easier to schedule things around.

• Like 2

Same. I might have lost my job on Friday, and some friends are taking me out that evening to...celebrate? I'm not sure; they seem far more festive about it than I am. So I don't know if I'll be able to make it or not.

I would recommend again that - in the future - we give at least a full week's notice to make it easier to schedule things around.

I'm sorry to hear about your job. I hope everything works out for you. If you need an ear to vent to, feel free to PM me.

If this week isn't good, or if more time is needed to schedule, I have no problem delaying. Honestly, I was being selfish in suggesting this week. I only did so because I'm going on vacation next week and I wouldn't be able to participate. But if next week, or the week after, is better for everyone, let's do that.

• Like 3

Yikes, sorry to hear that Fister. Onward and forward, eh?

Do you want to reschedule to next weekend?

• Like 1

If it's better for everyone next weekend, go for it. It'll give everyone time to get squared away. Let's have fun. There's no need for anyone to feel any pressure here.

Sign in to follow this