🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Blade9

What do you think Howard does for a living?

I'm going to say comedy writer/standup. The free version of IMDB lists Nick Swardson's Pretend time as his most current gig, but he has also mentioned that he is working on the Beavis and Butthead reboot that is starting later this month.

No, I get that he tries to be a funny person but there's no way he makes any money that way, right?

Barry, writing for two cable television shows, selling ringtones, and touring standup is more than enough to live on. What do you think writers are paid in Hollywood? I'm sure Howard isn't rolling on twenties, but a WAG standard salary is usually a living wage, and I doubt he has many extravagant expenses.

Also, I resent the phrase "tries to be a funny person."

A typical writer's meeting involving Howard:

Howard: Ok, here's my idea. The main character is really into Summer. He talks about it non stop. Some would say it defines him.

Room: Uh, that's supposed to be funny?

Howard: Here's the funny part: Instead of "summer" the guy says "summa." Isn't that hilarious?

Room: ....

Howard: Okay, how about this one. The guy has a speech impediment and poor reading skills. We'll have it so he reads things a lot and it'll be funny because he talks funny and pronounces words incorrectly.

Seriously? Howard is a PAID comedy writer? I thought you had to be funny to get a job like that.

Jake will not place on the "Fictional Scenarios Involving Howard And A Talking Room" chart.

@Jake, we get it- you don't like Who charted. You've posted slams against it in multiple threads. One more and you're bounced.

Trolls who IMMEDIATELY shrink back at the slightest confrontation: the worst kind of trolls.

We didn't need you to tell us that...oh wait...maybe some people did. Well, whatever; I could land a one way ticket out of here eventually.

I'm going with taxi cab driver Morris Plains, NJ. It's a good gig if you like to listen to the charts all day and talk to strangers. Also you can hang out at the 7-Eleven between fares, a great time to enjoy a slurpee or three.

Sign in to follow this