🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 299 - The Family Crest and the Love Shareholders

The Family Crest joins improvisers Jon Gabrus, Mary Holland, and Drew Spears for this week’s episode of improv4humans! The Family Crest plays a few of their favorite hits which inspire scenes about forgetting the army band, family troubles resulting from global warming, and the problem with hogging the mirror at the clothing store. Later, we meet a group of activists who put in the minimum effort possible and a traffic conductor gives preference to cars full of love.

Episode 299 - The Family Crest, Jon Gabrus, Mary Holland, Drew Spears

(1:53 - 21:45) Let’s Hear A Song - “Beneath the Brine” [2:08 - 8:08] - 1. Army band doesn’t show up, but Jon brought a triangle (8:18 - 12:28) / 2. Drew’s girlfriend literally weighs him down (12:48 - 21:45)

(23:31 - 46:34) Let’s Listen to Another Song - “Sparks” [23:47 - 27:36] - 1. Global warming leads to family problems (27:37 - 36:28) / 2. Jon only gives dabs of his love (36:44 - 46:34)

(47:41 - 1:04:08) Let’s Listen to Another Song - “Mirror Love” [47:51 - 52:02] - 1. hogging the mirror at the clothing store causes enormous problems (52:03 - 59:58) / 2. Activists put in only minimal effort (1:00:20 - 1:04:08)

(1:05:10 - 1:20:05) Let’s Listen to Another Song - “Love Don’t Go” [1:25:56 - 1:10:00] - 1. A traffic intersection officer decides when the cars go based on how much love is in the car (1:10:00 - 1:14:38) / 2. A marriage counselor asks couples to recall their disgust for each other (1:14:50 - 1:20:05)

• Like 3

HOLY SHIT! Was not expecting this this morning. I've never heard of The Family Crest, so thanks! I'll def be checking them out, they sound incredible! This is why I love the music episodes!

• Like 1

This episode is great.

Holland, Gabrus, and Spears are hilarious and delightful.

The Family Crest are easily one of the best musical performances that have appeared on I4H. Their orchestrations are powerful, intricate, and original. Right after this post I am going to buy all of their music that I can find.

Thank you, Matt Besser, for introducing me to White Buffalo, Murder By Death, Radical Face, and The Family Crest.

• Like 3

Great improv, Great music, Great ep.

Matt was right about them "opening with stairway to heaven" that first song was amazing.

• Like 3

Holy Hell the band was life changing. Downloaded asap. Hilarious episode as well. Thanky for the work giggles!

• Like 1

Great stuff

• Like 1

Great episode!

Did anyone else listen to The District S.F. back in the day? I was wondering if the singer from The Family Crest also sang in that band. Sounds just like him.

Holland being the associate narrator had me laughing so hard. Then the protest march bit... Why did that end so quick?! I was crying at my desk from laughing.