🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 498 - What That DOS

Comedian, musician, and YouTube star Flula Borg joins Scott and our old friend Ming to talk about rollercoaster football, his new special Flulanthropy, and growing up in Germany. Ming also has a very special segment in which he talks about 80s video games. Plus, voice teacher Willard “Willy” Mapleton pops on by to introduce everyone to legendary Boston comedian Captain Mustache and to play a portion of his failed pilot.

Classic JARLES!!

I was iffy about the first guest cuz of my unfamiliarity with him but he was great. I'm pretty sure I could listen to a German accent reading a shopping list and be entertained

Also good old Willy lmao

• Like 5

I wasn't sure if this was a character or an actual person so I had to do research. August Lindt could be his brother in accents. I always enjoy when Ming is on the program.

• Like 2

Flula is an absolute treasure. He seems like he could be a CBB character, but no, that's actually just how he is.

• Like 2

Haha came here to post the same thing... Flula isn't a character? That's unbelievable

I caught myself yelling at the podcast that Flula remembered the USA Cartoon Express and not Scott or Ming.

Ming saying, "I hope there were no German cartoons with a train" was the best joke ever that just got ignored!

I know that Flula isn't really a "character", but I've seen/heard enough of him to say that he at least uses a character-like persona. Most notably, there are certain ways he phrases things that are pretty clearly meant to be funny and not because he thinks they're correct. (And, for what it's worth, I think he's funny, and I'm saying this to give him credit because it is something creative rather than just who he is.)

Been way too long since Willy has been on. He needs to be on monthly. Especially since he and Aukerman are so similar

• Like 1

I have to admit I still don't really "get" Ming, but I thought he and Flula had some really great chemistry in this episode. And some classic Jarles! I'm glad PFT isn't listed as a guest anymore when he appears because the surprise is always delightful.

• Like 1

And some classic Jarles! I'm glad PFT isn't listed as a guest anymore when he appears because the surprise is always delightful.

YES! Scott even tweeted "#ClassicJarles" on Thursday, and it still surprised me when I heard it because I thought he meant that they were recording an episode with Jarles.

• Like 1

I love it when Brendon Small turns up with things prepared.. The Appletree song was brilliant and I loved the clips in this show.. They were so perfect!

• Like 2

That really was some #classicJarles. Learning that he's allergic to swords was the moment of the episode.

"Ding-Dong. Hello who is it? Swords"

"... Your phone goes Ding-Dong?"

• Like 2

I don't get it, why is Eddie Pepitone not listed on the episode when he was clearly playing that Boston character?

/s

seriously though, that "Boston" accent had trace levels of British and New Yawk in it, like a damn prism

I don't get it, why is Eddie Pepitone not listed on the episode when he was clearly playing that Boston character?

/s

seriously though, that "Boston" accent had trace levels of British and New Yawk in it, like a damn prism

Some Victor was coming through during it too. Not a knock on Small, he's fantastic.

• Like 1

Some Victor was coming through during it too. Not a knock on Small, he's fantastic.

absolutely agree on all fronts, not a dig, I kind of like how you can sniff out the true owner of a voice sometimes by the tone hidden in the background.

Kind of how after seeing a 5 second ad for the Gong Show and only hearing the host say "OHH!" I was thinking 'was that Mike Myers?'

• Like 1

Ming saying, "I hope there were no German cartoons with a train" was the best joke ever that just got ignored!

i don't get it.

also, Ming saying Aquaman makes me sad that no one followed that up with "Scott Aquaman"

now that's a solid bit.

call me -- i'm available for punch-ups.

Sign in to follow this