Welcome to the new Earwolf Forums! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
mcintoshmc

Using the IRIG 2 to accept calls while recording podcast with a Audio Interface?

Hi Everyone, I hope someone here can help me. I am new to this, and I'm basically using the internet to figure out how to podcast.

I want to start a podcast, and have some equipment left over from my attempt to produce music, so I have a pretty good base to start with. I don't have a mixer, but I do have the Focusrite Saffire Pro 14 as a audio interface. It comes with a virtual mixer called saffire mix control.

Besides using skype, I want to be able to take calls from a cell phone during my podcast. I need to be able to listen to the caller, and the called needs to be able to hear my podcast, without hearing their own voice. I have found several videos showing me how to do this, but all of them are for using a physical mixer. I cannot find not one single video showing me how to accomplish this using a Audio Interface.

I purchased the IRIG 2 yesterday, and I connected two 1/4 cables from the IRIG 2 to the input and output of the AI. In a test, I could hear the caller in my headphones, but it was very very low, and the caller said they could hear me but it was low as well.

Not sure if I connected it right. I know I need to do a mix/minus, but not sure how on my virtual mixer.

Can Anyone out there please, pretty please help me?? Thanks.