๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
mikefieldmay

The Room for first timers

Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to watch The Room for a while now as I was aware of it's noteriety.

I saw that Tommy Wiseau was hosting a screening of The Room in a cinema near me and I immediately bought tickets.

Would you guys recommend watching it before seeing it with Tommy or would it be better going in completely blind?

Any advice would be much appreciated

• Like 1

that's a though one. i mean the first time you see something is always the best and seeing it for the first time with a crowd and with tommy there would be amazing but you're going to be surrounded by alot of people who know it beat for beat and i think there's even some parts where audiences "participate" so you might miss some stuff if you watch it for the first time with them.

ย 

i didn't really answer you're question there did i?

• Like 2

Hey everyone, Would you guys recommend watching it before seeing it with Tommy or would it be better going in completely blind?

ย 

IMHO If you usually like to see movies multiple times I suggest you make an event of it and have a "screenIng" with your friends and enjoy the craziness twice

ย 

But if you want to save your Room Card for Mr Wiseau you can also do that, I only fear that the bonkers stuff on the big screen and cinema isles and the people yelling the lines and trowing things at the screen will be TOO confusing and disruptive for somebody that has not seen the movie beforehand

ย 

Sorry if this post actually makes it harder for you to decide :P

• Like 1

Hey everyone,

I've been wanting to watch The Room for a while now as I was aware of it's noteriety.

I saw that Tommy Wiseau was hosting a screening of The Room in a cinema near me and I immediately bought tickets.

Would you guys recommend watching it before seeing it with Tommy or would it be better going in completely blind?

I recommend seeing it at the cinema screening. Not because Wiseau will be there (although his particular brand of crazy is fun to watch during Q&As), but more because it's something that's better experienced with a theater full of people that embrace the insanity of the movie. Yeah, people will yell at Denny and people will throw spoons, but honestly, that's usually more fun than what's actually happening on screen. If you want to watch it again, that's when I'd recommend showing it to friends. But the first time I saw it was in a really rowdy theater, and I had the best time.

• Like 4

I recommend seeing it at the cinema screening. Not because Wiseau will be there (although his particular brand of crazy is fun to watch during Q&As), but more because it's something that's better experienced with a theater full of people that embrace the insanity of the movie. Yeah, people will yell at Denny and people will throw spoons, but honestly, that's usually more fun than what's actually happening on screen. If you want to watch it again, that's when I'd recommend showing it to friends. But the first time I saw it was in a really rowdy theater, and I had the best time.

I agree with Fister.

ย 

It's kinda like Rocky Horror - on it's own it can be considered a meh movie but with the crowd it's an experience that's genuinely some of the most fun I've ever had to this day!

• Like 3

For me it worked great watching with friends the first time because we were able to rewind and soak every part of it in while making our own comments. I've been trying to the last couple years to get to a monthly screening that's in San Francisco but my scheduled hasn't allowed for it, but believe me it's on the bucket list.

• Like 3

I agree with Fister.

I'm gonna print this post out and frame it on my wall.

• Like 6

I AGREE WITH YOU A LOT

• Like 3

ย 

But Ryan Sz agrees with ME! ;)

ย 

Real talk... I'm really impressed and a little bit jealous that both of you went to a screening for "The Room" Taylor and Fister

• Like 2

Thanks guys.

ย 

I think I'll do what Fister suggests and wait to watch It at the cinema.

ย 

I'll let you guys know what I think (although it's not till September).

Thanks guys.

ย 

I think I'll do what Fister suggests and wait to watch It at the cinema.

ย 

I'll let you guys know what I think (although it's not till September).

I do have to say that if you have a small group of friends that you can get together before then and watch it then that's just as good.

ย 

I was lucky that the friend that opened my eyes to this told us all absolutely nothing except that this was the funniest thing she'd ever seen and then there was the other 5 of us that were like "WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON???"

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this