Episode 45 — Sex Chickens

24 replies to this topic

#21 Frederick Barnard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 08:34 PM

Have to agree with all those who loved the "change your disease" bit. However, I hope you all got slammed with listeners telling you it's pronounced "Killian." Hard to believe that people, in the L.A. area no less, are constantly comparing JDR to him, and none of them has ever bothered to pronounce his name correctly.

#22 Colin Denney

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 102 posts
  • LocationChicagoland

Posted 17 November 2011 - 09:37 AM

Bob Ducca's talked about the value of art therapy in keeping us mentally well. Here's an example of JDR and Howie's fears. Visit http://www.theearwolftumblr.tumblr.com

[attachment=10648,266] [attachment=10648,267]

#23 Rafterian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:37 PM

When JDR hears Rob Huebel's name and immediately responds with "Oh god" I cracked up.

#24 Rafterian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:38 PM

View PostCaroline Anderson, on 12 October 2011 - 05:12 AM, said:

In case anyone is interested, the purpose of the whiny vocal exercise is to focus the air stream to the mouth while employing the nasal cavity for resonance.
Sincerely,
Caroline Spent-Hundreds-Of-Thousands-Of-Dollars-On-Voice-Training-And-Dammit-I'm-Going-To-Use-It Anderson.

Your middle name sucks

#25 Rafterian

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 03 April 2017 - 12:41 PM

View PostFrederick Barnard, on 25 October 2011 - 08:34 PM, said:

Have to agree with all those who loved the "change your disease" bit. However, I hope you all got slammed with listeners telling you it's pronounced "Killian." Hard to believe that people, in the L.A. area no less, are constantly comparing JDR to him, and none of them has ever bothered to pronounce his name correctly.

I thought about that too but we're dealing with 2-3 hosts who care little to nothing about complete accuracy when they can sacrifice it for humor. This is not a slam. I love these guys, but I've noticed stuff like this slipping by without being checked.