🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-week 16 (Fister Roboto's 2nd Pick)

That's right! It's time for Round Two, motherfuckers!

gpxXMcP.gif

• Like 8

tumblr_mmek73hsnf1soeg13o1_500.gif

(if I was good with graphic editing software I'd make this say Musical Monday but you guys get the idea)

• Like 7

In honor of Fister and his love for the Fast franchise, I feel like I should have renamed it 2 Musical 2 Monday.

• Like 9

My original searches were for "You spin me right round" GIFs or Patrick Swayze singing "Another verse same as the first" from Ghost.

• Like 3

Second Round of Musical Mondays, with special performance by rapper 2 Chainz!

Guest appearance: the hologram of Tupac!

• Like 4

In the middle of the 2nd row of the editor is a square picture icon. Click that and paste in the link.

fEwZPnB.gif

I did! It kept telling me the file extension wasn't accepted!

• Like 2

I did! It kept telling me the file extension wasn't accepted!

Tres bizarre

• Like 3

SaraK, I publicly apologize. I should have covered all that in private messages. Besides that it was the height of arrogance to assume you didn't know how the forum worked when you've been here longer than I have!

I have joined a group of monks to do my penance.

[media='']

[/media]
  • Like 6

SaraK, I publicly apologize. I should have covered all that in private messages. Besides that it was the height of arrogance to assume you didn't know how the forum worked when you've been here longer than I have!

I have joined a group of monks to do my penance.

[media='']

[/media]

I think that I've proven in the live viewing forum that I am technology challenged, so you weren't in the wrong :)

• Like 3

Okay. So...I've had a lot of time to think about this one, and I thought I had it nailed down for a while. But then a movie became available to rent on Amazon, and I had to call an audible. My whole goal in making my next pick was to choose a movie that was unlike anything we've done before.

I'm going to give a warning that this movie is probably not for everyone. It's a weird high-concept movie, and even among my small group of friends who usually like most of the same stuff, there's a lot of disagreement. While I personally LOVE this movie, I think it might be quite divisive. But I'm hoping it will give us some good conversation.

Anyway, without further ado, my pick is...

Lure_poster_900-820x1200.jpg

The Lure is a movie I saw at a festival last year, and I totally fell in love with it. It's our first foreign language musical, so turn on them subtitles :) Basically, it's a Polish musical about two man-eating mermaids who become lounge singers.

jUBTuN8.gif

(But I hope not)

• Like 11

I'm intrigued...

200.gif#0-grid1

and I just looked at this one couple days ago on letterboxd and saw your review.

• Like 8

I feel like I'll be watch this movie like this.

giphy.gif

(success!)

• Like 9

Okay. So...I've had a lot of time to think about this one, and I thought I had it nailed down for a while. But then a movie became available to rent on Amazon, and I had to call an audible. My whole goal in making my next pick was to choose a movie that was unlike anything we've done before.

I'm going to give a warning that this movie is probably not for everyone. It's a weird high-concept movie, and even among my small group of friends who usually like most of the same stuff, there's a lot of disagreement. While I personally LOVE this movie, I think it might be quite divisive. But I'm hoping it will give us some good conversation.

Anyway, without further ado, my pick is...

Lure_poster_900-820x1200.jpg

The Lure is a movie I saw at a festival last year, and I totally fell in love with it. It's our first foreign language musical, so turn on them subtitles :) Basically, it's a Polish musical about two man-eating mermaids who become lounge singers.

jUBTuN8.gif

(But I hope not)

This might also be a first in that the movie isn't yet available on DVD or Blu-Ray in the U.S.

• Like 5

In honor of Fister and his love for the Fast franchise, I feel like I should have renamed it 2 Musical 2 Monday.

God how I wish there were a F&F musical...

• Like 5

Stop. You had me at lounge singers.

• Like 7