#21 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:57 AM

View Postironicmerman, on 02 August 2017 - 07:48 AM, said:

If this takes off and becomes a regular thing, you should try and get it put in as a Subforum just like the recommendations!

I mean...it is regular in the sense that this is our 2nd month in a row. I'm not sure we need our own sub forum, though. It might confuse people and I'm sensitive to the fact that we are guests and are only allowed to do these things at the whim of our hosts :)
Violet: I've never failed to complete.
Ultraviolet (2006)

Lecturer: Children smoke - a reefer stick! Thinking it to be an ordinary, perfectly harmless cigarette.
Reefer Madness (2005)

#22 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:58 AM

So...Season of the Witch, yes?
Ultraviolet (2006)

Lecturer: Children smoke - a reefer stick! Thinking it to be an ordinary, perfectly harmless cigarette.
Reefer Madness (2005)

#23 ironicmerman

Sentient hot dogs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:01 AM

View PostCameron H., on 02 August 2017 - 07:57 AM, said:

I mean...it is regular in the sense that this is our 2nd month in a row. I'm not sure we need our own sub forum, though. It might confuse people and I'm sensitive to the fact that we are guests and are only allowed to do these things at the whim of our hosts :)

Agreed, but it would keep these separate from the general forum. If you do all the films, that's a lot more threads. Going to a Subform would be awesome because I think they'd be fun to read through! It would be one spot, and to avoid confusion, you could always have a starting post stating: "These are fan discussions only, and not endorsed by HDTGM. We're a bunch of nerds doing our own simulcast and we are in no way competing with June, Paul and Jason." I say this as more of a spectator rather than someone who will actively participate, but thought it might be worth considering!
Technicality. No. Down. Boo. Over.

#24 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:05 AM

View PostCameron H., on 02 August 2017 - 07:58 AM, said:

So...Season of the Witch, yes?

Posted Image

#25 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 08:19 AM

View Postironicmerman, on 02 August 2017 - 08:01 AM, said:

Agreed, but it would keep these separate from the general forum. If you do all the films, that's a lot more threads. Going to a Subform would be awesome because I think they'd be fun to read through! It would be one spot, and to avoid confusion, you could always have a starting post stating: "These are fan discussions only, and not endorsed by HDTGM. We're a bunch of nerds doing our own simulcast and we are in no way competing with June, Paul and Jason." I say this as more of a spectator rather than someone who will actively participate, but thought it might be worth considering!

Wait, why wouldn't you actively participate?

#26 ironicmerman

Sentient hot dogs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 680 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 02 August 2017 - 09:14 AM

View Posttomspanks, on 02 August 2017 - 08:19 AM, said:

Wait, why wouldn't you actively participate?

Time more than anything. I might be able to do it here and there, but I've always got a lot going on (kids, dumb social stuff, etc.).
Technicality. No. Down. Boo. Over.

#27 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 04 August 2017 - 10:00 AM

if you're looking for some free HDTGM streaming movies there are a few on Tubi TV:

Sleepaway camp (all 3 of them)
lifeforce
the phantom
leprechaun (1 - 6. but they are leaving soon)
hercules in new york
hackers
chopping mall
vampires kiss

there's some really promising HDTGM movies on there. gone in 60 seconds, steel dawn, showgirls and something called Flesh + Blood. I've never seen it but ...

Posted Image

#28 Ofcoursemyhorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:54 PM

If they're doing any movies with a medieval Rutger Hauer I demand they start with LadyHawke. I'm sorry Jason, it has not aged well.

#29 Ofcoursemyhorse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 05:56 PM

Also I thought Season of the Witch was a decent movie, especially with Ron Perlman and his absurd accent.

#30 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 09 August 2017 - 01:01 PM

Does anyone already own Season of the Witch who would be willing to host?

Also, for those people who weren't able to last time, you might want to sign up for rabb.it. Personally, I found it much easier to make comments there. We can always come back here and discuss in more detail. But it got pretty lively over there and it was a lot of fun. I don't want anyone to feel left out.
Ultraviolet (2006)

Reefer Madness (2005)

#31 grudlian.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 02:32 PM

I have Season Of The Witch on DVD. My computer is kind of crappy and prone to slowing down for no reason. I'm not sure how resource heavy hosting on rabb.it is because that might rule me out.

#32 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 09 August 2017 - 04:15 PM

View Postgrudlian., on 09 August 2017 - 02:32 PM, said:

I have Season Of The Witch on DVD. My computer is kind of crappy and prone to slowing down for no reason. I'm not sure how resource heavy hosting on rabb.it is because that might rule me out.

That's cool. If no one already has it, I'll rent it.
Ultraviolet (2006)

Reefer Madness (2005)

#33 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 06:46 PM

Thanks, CamH. I think there might be a way to share someone's desktop & movie player, but I could be wrong.
Also, why does grudlian own the DVD? Is it that good?

#34 grudlian.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 August 2017 - 07:30 PM

View Posttomspanks, on 09 August 2017 - 06:46 PM, said:

Also, why does grudlian own the DVD? Is it that good?

I found it for $1.00 a while ago. It's currently sitting on a pile of DVDs to sell.

#35 SaraK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:20 AM

I'm unfortunately going to have to bow out of this one, which is a total bummer. Have fun!

#36 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 10 August 2017 - 07:28 AM

View PostSaraK, on 10 August 2017 - 07:20 AM, said:

I'm unfortunately going to have to bow out of this one, which is a total bummer. Have fun!

Posted Image
Ultraviolet (2006)

Reefer Madness (2005)

#37 Cam Bert

Foreign Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 10 August 2017 - 05:52 PM

Do we have a time for tomorrow yet? Sorry if I missed it.
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)

#38 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 11 August 2017 - 01:09 AM

9 PM EST
Ultraviolet (2006)

Reefer Madness (2005)

#39 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,330 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 11 August 2017 - 02:15 PM

Just a reminder that this is on for tonight! I'll send out the link closer to the start time. Anyone not on rabb.it may want to do so some time prior to 9PM EST so they're not scrambling at the last second - like I was last month...
Ultraviolet (2006)

Reefer Madness (2005)

#40 Cam Bert

Foreign Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,103 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 11 August 2017 - 04:33 PM

I thought the movie was starting soon and got excited. Then I realized that I did the math wrong and still have an hour and a half.

What will everyone be drinking, eating or snacking upon?
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)