🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Julia

Georgia Rule

Check out this trailer for the 2007 film "Georgia Rule" starring Lindsay Lohan and Jane Fonda. The fact that it's rated R seems strange, since the trailer makes it seem like a family comedy. A spunky teen meets strict grandma with laughs and lessons is what you think you're getting. There's feel good music, and oh look, it was from the director of The Princess Diaries and Pretty Woman! (That's right, Gary Marshall.) But I've seen most of this film, and it is in no way what the trailer implies it is. It deals heavily in child sexual abuse and alcoholism. And I think it tried to imply that the victim's sexy behavior may have brought on the abuse? I honestly tried to blank out having ever seen pieces of this film. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4DBjGuMh8g

I second this, if you guys are going to do another Lohan movie it should be this one. There's parts of it that try to be like a comedy so it becomes like a sexual abuse comedy. It's a total mess from start to finish.

I saw this movie while on mushrooms, then again (mostly) sober just to prove to myself that it really was as bad as I remembered. From weird jabs at Mormonism to the indescriminate sexual harassment by LiLo, I cannot even begin explain how terrible this movie is and how much it should be a HDTGM.

This was the movie where Lohan's hard-partying lifestyle began to interfere with her supposed day job of acting in movies. Or, at least, where that got more publicity than the movie itself.

From IMDb:

Lindsay Lohan received a warning letter from the studio's CEO James G. Robinson(Morgan Creek Productions) for her lack of professionalism. The letter was later released to the media and directly noted Lohan's "discourteous, irresponsible and unprofessional" conduct and went on to say her actions were those of a "spoiled child" which "has endangered the quality of this picture." Robinson also threatened to sue the 20-year-old star if she continued to delay production.

Which is hilarious, because from all I've heard, there's no quality to the picture for her to have endangered.

(Also, as a former Mormon, reading about the bit where her character performs oral sex on a missionary is just galling. I mean, I have my problems with the church, but dammit, it sounds like she rapes him and faces no repercussions for it. I can only imagine what the outcry would be if a movie featured that kind of thing happening to a Catholic priest.)

A movie set in rural Idaho starring Lindsay Lohan and Jane Fonda. A weirdo grandma who's idea of disciplining a slutty teen is to yell Georgia Rules at her. I think there's even a blow job scene involving a Mormon and a canoe. 'Nuff said.

Sign in to follow this