🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 124 - Jury Deliberations (w/ Ira Glass, Little Janet Varney, Jean Villepique, Craig Cackowski)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes everyone who can hear his voice on this week’s Spontaneanation! This time out, Paul’s special guest is This American Life host and producer Ira Glass! They chat about what memory from Ira’s childhood he wishes he could change, not getting the point of drinking alcohol until he turned 30, and becoming involved with the rerelease of The Adventures of Chickenman. Paul is then joined by Little Janet Varney, Jean Villepique, and Craig Cackowski, to improvise a story set in Jury Deliberations. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

Paul F. Tompkins will be in Detroit this weekend for the Detroit Improv Festival! Check out DIF's full schedule to see when PFT and some of your favorite Spontaneanation improvisors will be improvising!

http://www.detroitimprovfestival.org/schedule.html

Fantastic episode. The roll call could have gone on twice as long as it did and still been the highlight.

I hope that one of the Ira Glass fanatics who needs to have the concept of a comedy podcast explained to them signs up for the forum under the name ElderSpank69.

• Like 2

I enjoyed "Heart of Glass" and "Squadron goals achieved." And I loved all the silly characters on that jury and was impressed they were able to (mostly) keep track of them all. Bernadette and Bernie were particularly hilarious.

This episode was so silly and delightful. It's wonderful to hear Little Janet Varney's background laugh again.

Four Angry Improvisers (x 3)

Sign in to follow this