🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 17 (Cameron H's 2nd Pick)

I swear I posted this earlier, but I guess it was sacrificed to the forums gods... How was your vacation? You excited about Gigi? I can feel everyone's enthusiasm through the web-o-sphere...:)/>

I had a fantastic vacation! It was also my birthday on Sunday and it was the best birthday ever! I adopted two kittens from my niece's cat. Never been a cat owner before and it's already been an adventure. Thanks to the training my niece and older sister gave all the kittens my two took the 11-hour car ride (from Michigan to Delaware) in stride and adjusted quickly to my apartment.

Meet Johann

intUghR.jpg?2

and Sebastian

FD2hTTC.jpg?1

I also weighed yesterday and I was at 399.0! I haven't been under 400 in well over a year.

• Like 9

You excited about Gigi? I can feel everyone's enthusiasm through the web-o-sphere... :)

I am excited! You saved me from picking Irma La Douce.

I wasn't really going to pick that but it also involves a prostitute.

Seriously, I have never seen Gigi so I am looking forward to it!

• Like 3

OK, what is it with 4-letter female names that repeat the first 2 letters? We had Bibi in The Apple, Mimi in Rent and now Gigi!

• Like 2

I'm about half way through Gigi and I think it caught me at a bad time. It's unfortunate that it had to follow Chopping Mall and Hard Ticket to Hawaii. My tolerance lately is really low and every other scene in Gigi kind of grosses me out. And it doesn't really help that Thank Heaven for Little Girls is stuck in my head.

My experience was pretty much the same. Every time it would win me over something fucked up would happen, and I would be back at square one. The ending song doesn't help either...

I guess we should wait to get more into it next week, although I have shit to say.

I don't know what to say when a clean, non-CG movie like Gigi is the squickiest one. I just like the juxtaposition. I'd be happy to loan you my copy of Repo! if you need to cleanse the palate and get back to normal.

• Like 2

Cinco, Johann and Sebastian are the cutest fuckin things ever omg! And yesterday was International Cat Day!!!

• Like 7

I had a fantastic vacation! It was also my birthday on Sunday and it was the best birthday ever! I adopted two kittens from my niece's cat. Never been a cat owner before and it's already been an adventure. Thanks to the training my niece and older sister gave all the kittens my two took the 11-hour car ride (from Michigan to Delaware) in stride and adjusted quickly to my apartment.

Meet Johann

intUghR.jpg?2

and Sebastian

FD2hTTC.jpg?1

I also weighed yesterday and I was at 399.0! I haven't been under 400 in well over a year.

Wow! Congratulations all around! That's awesome! And Happy Birthday, too!

giphy.gif

May the groove ever be in your heart!

• Like 6

Wow! Congratulations all around! That's awesome! And Happy Birthday, too!

giphy.gif

May the groove ever be in your heart!

Thanks! I'm Deee-Lited!

• Like 3

Meet Johann

intUghR.jpg?2

and Sebastian

FD2hTTC.jpg?1

Those cats are super cute.

Congratulations on the weight loss. I know that can be really difficult to go through.

• Like 5

My experience was pretty much the same. Every time it would win me over something fucked up would happen, and I would be back at square one. The ending song doesn't help either...

I guess we should wait to get more into it next week, although I have shit to say.

I am looking forward to this because I keep thinking Louis Jourdan is Maurice Chevalier. When I hear "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" the tape in my head sounds an awful lot like "If A Nightingale Could Sing LIke You" from the Marx Brothers' Monkey Business. (They keep lipsyncing to a hidden Chevalier record in order to prove they are him and can get off the boat.) Time to finally put the Chevalier/Jourdan deathmatch to bed.

• Like 3

Those cats are super cute.

Congratulations on the weight loss. I know that can be really difficult to go through.

I took this at the first stop. It's the clearest picture of both.

Q31DBJI.jpg?1

Johann already had the "Puny human, why is my dish empty?" look down pat.

j3EzU9K.jpg?1

• Like 6

I took this at the first stop. It's the clearest picture of both.

Q31DBJI.jpg?1

Johann already had the "Puny human, why is my dish empty?" look down pat.

j3EzU9K.jpg?1

Those kittens are adorable!!! And I love the names.

• Like 5

I am looking forward to this because I keep thinking Louis Jourdan is Maurice Chevalier. When I hear "Thank Heaven for Little Girls" the tape in my head sounds an awful lot like "If A Nightingale Could Sing LIke You" from the Marx Brothers' Monkey Business. (They keep lipsyncing to a hidden Chevalier record in order to prove they are him and can get off the boat.) Time to finally put the Chevalier/Jourdan deathmatch to bed.

Here's the Marx Brothers scene.

http://www.dailymoti...om/video/x7clor

• Like 2

Those kittens are adorable!!! And I love the names.

Thanks! I wasn't expecting to come back with kitties when I went to Michigan on Thursday. Got there and found out my niece had taken in a stray, not knowing the stray was pregnant. The cat had 8 kittens and my niece has found homes for 4. She can only keep the mom so the kittens have to go and my niece is trying like crazy to avoid taking them to a shelter.

• Like 3

I don't know what to say when a clean, non-CG movie like Gigi is the squickiest one. I just like the juxtaposition. I'd be happy to loan you my copy of Repo! if you need to cleanse the palate and get back to normal.

Now that I stop and think about it I get the squickiness. I accidentally signed up for the full year of Amazon Prime so I was watching some candidates for my next pick. One of them was Lil' Abner. I used to think it was charming but now it's sexist as hell. I had to turn it off when two characters talked about a girl, who couldn't be more than 13, as able to be married this year as soon as her divorce is final. I know nothing sinister was meant but it didn't make the girl or the characters look good.

• Like 2

Never been a cat owner before and it's already been an adventure.

Sorry to break it to you, but the cats own you now.

• Like 7

Sorry to break it to you, but the cats own you now.

And are already plotting my murder. At the last stop I came back and they were both on the driver's seat. (At each stop I would take them out of the carrier, put some water in a dish on the passenger-side floor and let them play while I went in.)

DQclMVL.jpg?1

• Like 3

Guys. Is everyone listening to Off Book yet? I know we talked about it before, but it's seriously about to surpass HDTGM as my favorite podcast. Good thing it's on opposite sides of the week, so I don't ever have to decide on which to listen to first. This week's episode is the hardest I have laughed in a long time, so if you're not listening yet, try this one first and then go back and listen to the others (which are also GREAT).

And then go hit up the forums threads for those eps. I want this show to have all the listener interaction it deserves.

I listened to the first episode today and loved it. Not sure I'll have much to say about it in the message boards but I'll definitely be listening.

• Like 4

Hey look, I watched Gigi today and I'm a bit confused. I mean, for a Musical Monday pick it seemed a bit out of place. I mean, there just wasn't much music to speak of. And the Ben Affleck/Jennifer Lopez chemistry was pretty unremarkable. No wonder this killed Martin Brest's career.

I can definitely see why this was considered one of the worst movies ever, but still puzzled about the pick.

• Like 7

Hey look, I watched Gigi today and I'm a bit confused. I mean, for a Musical Monday pick it seemed a bit out of place. I mean, there just wasn't much music to speak of. And the Ben Affleck/Jennifer Lopez chemistry was pretty unremarkable. No wonder this killed Martin Brest's career.

I can definitely see why this was considered one of the worst movies ever, but still puzzled about the pick.

No, no. I see what happened here. You watched Gigli. We're watching Gigi - the Musical about child prostitution...

• Like 5

No, no. I see what happened here. You watched Gigli. We're watching Gigi - the movie about child prostitution...

Oh! OH! Oh oh oh!

That explains so much.

I kept waiting for the singing, and then I thought that Christopher Walken or Al Pacino might do a little soft-shoe but instead Al just shot that guy in the face. Justin Bartha could have sung a whole number about The Baywatch. Missed opportunity.

Time to watch the one about... child... prostitution...?

• Like 5

Oh! OH! Oh oh oh!

That explains so much.

I kept waiting for the singing, and then I thought that Christopher Walken or Al Pacino might do a little soft-shoe but instead Al just shot that guy in the face. Justin Bartha could have sung a whole number about The Baywatch. Missed opportunity.

Time to watch the one about... child... prostitution...?

And...not a lot of dancing. There's tons of sitting and singing, though...

• Like 4

And...not a lot of dancing. There's tons of sitting and singing, though...

Gigi is the Fleet Foxes of musicals.

• Like 6

If you want a movie about child prostitution with VERY little singing and/or dancing you could always watch Pretty Baby (with Brooke Shields) or Taxi Driver (with Jodie Foster).

• Like 1

If you want a movie about child prostitution with VERY little singing and/or dancing you could always watch Pretty Baby (with Brooke Shields) or Taxi Driver (with Jodie Foster).

Nope. I'm good for now.

• Like 2