🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 168.5 - Minisode 168.5

Airplane maintenance, suction cups, and a man who watched 8 Andy Sidaris movies on this week’s mini-sode! Paul goes through Corrections and Omissions for Hard Ticket to Hawaii and Blake J. Harris returns to talk to Rodrigo Obregon, the main villain of Hard Ticket to Hawaii (for the full interview go to www.slashfilm.com). Paul gives some recs in Paul’s Picks and the Movie Bitches review 47 Meters Down. Plus, you’ll find out which gross movie we will be covering next!

Check out new HDTGM merch over at https://www.teepublic.com/user/howdidthisgetmade

Where to Find Jason, June & Paul:

Paul’s new comedy Drive Share is available on Go90. Paul can be seen on Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later, Opening Night, and Veep. You can see June and Paul on NTSF:SD:SUV:: on HULU. June stars in Grace and Frankie on Netflix, as well as Lady Dynamite alongside with Jason.

Jason can be seen in The House, The Lego Batman Movie, How to Be Single, Sleeping with Other People, and is still indeed in The Dictator.

I say this knowing full well that the HDTGM audience probably doesn't have much crossover with this podcast but there is a podcast called BADASS, BOOBS & BODYCOUNTS which actually appreciates grindhouse films and films like Sedaris' work. BBandBC have covered a few Sedaris films but have also interviewed his widow, Arlene (ep. 20) but also last year (ep. 179), they did a great interview with Rodrigo where he goes deep about his family and Columbia. Rodrigo was just a really great interview and I can't wait to hear this new interview.

• Like 2

i said before that i'm trying to listen to all the previous minis and episodes in this calendar year. i kinda stopped for a few months but i'm back into it again. it's alot of fun and it's really making me want to watch some of the movies back again but what's really fun is hearing everyone's first mention in the C&O section. plan b's came up yesterday.

my first shout out was actually in the old facebook Q & A(ids) section ... and of course paul got my name wrong (alex instead of alan). it made me laugh then and it made me laugh when i listened to it again yesterday.

• Like 4

i said before that i'm trying to listen to all the previous minis and episodes in this calendar year. i kinda stopped for a few months but i'm back into it again. it's alot of fun and it's really making me want to watch some of the movies back again but what's really fun is hearing everyone's first mention in the C&O section. plan b's came up yesterday.

my first shout out was actually in the old facebook Q & A(ids) section ... and of course paul got my name wrong (alex instead of alan). it made me laugh then and it made me laugh when i listened to it again yesterday.

I did the same thing, I think, last year. I agree, hearing everyone's first shout out is a lot of fun :)

• Like 4

In answer to Paul saying I've got too much time on my hands, as evidence by my numbers for last year's DLM challenge, whenever I'm not working for six days a week, I'm watching movies.

• Like 4

I'm really happy to know Jason drinks wine and June drinks Bud Light. (I picture it as girly wine.)

The dentist lady should be my friend. I listen to the old podcasts when I'm anxious. I like when PFT goes on the rant about typewriters in "Lake Placid" a lot. I don't know why it always makes me happy.

8 is too young for THE ROCK. I'm pretty sure Nick Cage is having sex in his first scene in that? The first PG-13 movie my parents let me watch was TWINS. I think that says a lot about me as a person.

My thanks to the guy who watched all those Sidaris movies. I think he wins the week.

I will not be watching the Garbage Pail Kids movie. Interested to see what June thinks.

If Paul got your name RIGHT the first time, I think you should leave.

• Like 5

Aww.. no mention of my Correction submission about the airplane maintenance, I thought my post in the Episode thread how the plane checkup by the pilots done by correct procedure was reasonable. It was even allured by Paul in the beginning of this podcast and in the episode description. I guess it was too wordy, wierd or something or just not plain funny, or perhaps cut for time.

• Like 4

I was wondering why someone downloaded my James Bonding theme song out of nowhere. Thanks to the end commercial, now I know. ;)

• Like 1

So glad they're doing Garbage Pail Kids. I have a vague memory of it as a child. Every week my parents used to take me to the local video store and I got to pick a film to watch on a Sunday afternoon, (I still like to chill with a movie after my roast dinner.) One time I picked the Garbage Pail Kids. If you knew me you would know how bizarre it is that I was okay liking this and even made Ali Gator my invisible friend for a while as I was a pretty squeamish kid. More amazingly I can't believe my parents didn't turn it off once the 'Too Retarded' sign is shown as I have a physical impairment

My mom would kill me for admitting this, but she took me to see American Beauty in theaters at 9 years old. She genuinely thinks that makes her a horrible mother, but honestly it's not like it scarred me or anything. In fact, just opened my eyes to beautiful films at an early age.

• Like 8

8 is too young for THE ROCK. I'm pretty sure Nick Cage is having sex in his first scene in that? The first PG-13 movie my parents let me watch was TWINS. I think that says a lot about me as a person.

Twins is PG. I know this because my parents let me watch it in theatres and they were really strict too. Getting to see a PG-13 movie without them seeing it first was a very big deal. The first my parents approved was UHF and by the time I wore them down, it was gone from theatres.

Even when my parents took me to see The Rock at 16, I felt like I was getting away with something.

I will not be watching the Garbage Pail Kids movie. Interested to see what June thinks.

Oh, definitely not. It wasn't good as a kid and attempting to watch it as an adult a few years ago was legit nauseating.

• Like 2

The dentist lady should be my friend. I listen to the old podcasts when I'm anxious. I like when PFT goes on the rant about typewriters in "Lake Placid" a lot. I don't know why it always makes me happy.

I relisten to Lake Placid, Deep Blue Sea and Confessions of a Marriage Counselor all the time. Its like a guaranteed happiness

• Like 5

Out of curiosity, have they announced the movies for tomorrow's Largo show?

I was allowed to watch Nightmare on Elm Street and Friday the 13th at 5 or so. My parents covered my eyes for the boobies, but the bloody murders of teens was just dandy. I know I saw Garbage Pail Kids around the same time, but I can't recall it. The trading cards made more of an impression.

I think Paul is probably right that Sidaris is trying to kill people with vitamins. For some reason I thought Shades was the Vitamin Guy. But I guess he wasn't.

• Like 4

For some reason I thought Shades was the Vitamin Guy. But I guess he wasn't.

Me too

My mom would kill me for admitting this, but she took me to see American Beauty in theaters at 9 years old. She genuinely thinks that makes her a horrible mother, but honestly it's not like it scarred me or anything. In fact, just opened my eyes to beautiful films at an early age.

Aw, I remember seeing Batman Forever in the theater with my mom and her covering my eyes during the scene where Nicole kisses Val while wearing only a bed sheet. She covered my eyes during most of the Riddler scenes too. She was horrified with herself for taking me, meanwhile my dad inadvertently let me watch Predator when I was five, because dads, and afterward let me watch pretty much any sci-fi/action/horror movie since I was so enamored with the Predator costume.

I was thirteen when American Beauty came out and I had a huge crush on Kevin Spacey, so I bought a ticket to Blue Streak and snuck into the theater showing AB. Youngest person in the theater by a mile and an usher walked past me twice. I didn't account for the longer running time though, so when I came out almost an hour past when I should have I had to lie to her that there had been an issue with the projector.

• Like 3

This movie plays on an infinite loop in Hell, but it did remind me about my childhood sticker collection. I had a neon purple and green plastic pencil box full of stickers, the most prized being the scratch 'n' sniff ones I inherited from my older brother. I never stuck them on anything, I just hoarded them like some kind of sad dragon. Do kids still collect physical stickers?

6ftgs0.jpg

• Like 4

My mom almost murdered my babysitter when she found out that she took me to see the movie Seven when I was 9.

• Like 4

My mom almost murdered my babysitter when she found out that she took me to see the movie Seven when I was 9.

I had a babysitter convince me to watch Aliens when I was 7. After saying I probably wasn't allowed, he convinced me with "You have to be 17 to watch a rated R movie. I'm almost 17 and I say it's okay." It kind of made sense.

• Like 1

I was racking my head to think of what age inappropriate movies I watched as a kid when I was hit with a very odd memory. The video store we went to when I was a kid had a separate room off to the side when you entered that had all the kids movies and video games.It was all glass so parents could check in on their kids. However the section they chose to put directly across from those glass walls was the horror section. So if you turned around you would be staring at a shelf of horror movie covers. I don't know who thought that was a good idea.

• Like 2

i don't think there is a live show tomorrow night. at least not at largo. it's next week

I need to read calendars better. But they announced it: UltraViolet and Miami Connection. The latter is going to be a real doozy based on the RiffTrax cut I watched a while back.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this