🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 168.5 - Minisode 168.5

I know the board skews younger but did anyone else collect GPK cards when they were kids?

I remember having the first and second runs, full sets each, before giving them away in elementary school.

The drunk one was always my favorite -- I obviously had no conception of drunkenness at the time.

I collected them as well but my parents hated them. So, I never had that many and certainly not a full set from any series. I really liked the Alien Ian one at lot.

• Like 2

My baby keeps vocalizing whenever a character in Garbage Pail Kids speaks forcing me to focus solely on the visuals. I wish I knew what I did to piss him off...

• Like 3

My baby keeps vocalizing whenever a character in Garbage Pail Kids speaks forcing me to focus solely on the visuals. I wish I knew what I did to piss him off...

Making him watch Garbage Pail Kids is probably pissing him off.

• Like 2

Making him watch Garbage Pail Kids is probably pissing him off.

If I've gotta do it then so does he! Besides, what else can I do? I'm not going to have him learn about interdimensional fart monsters on the street.

• Like 4

paul sent out another newsletter today giving details of upcoming live shows and it looks like we're getting a halloween special this year cause their reviewing the howling 2 in DC on the 27th october. i know this is early but it's streaming on TubiTV for free:

http://tubitv.com/video/303084/howling_ii_your_sister_is_a_werewolf

i'm posting this now because you know these streaming sites, it might not be there come october, so if you're looking for something to watch over the next few weeks or you want to screengrab it or something, you can. for free!!! ... i should really be getting a kick back from Tubi by now ..

• Like 3

HOLY SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!

look who just got a dream writing gig

http://www.slashfilm...es-paul-scheer/

h9CZOry.jpg

congrats paul!!!!!

One of my favorite movies! So glad its future is in Paul's capable hands. I can't wait to see it!

• Like 2

Very happy for Paul, this is also one of my favorite movies ever. I can't wait to watch.

Same cannot be said of a rebooted King of The Hill. I just got done marathoning every season and it ended on a darn near perfect note as long as you watched the actual season finale after the last aired episode.

The thought of it coming back without significant involvement from Mike Judge is troubling to say the least.

• Like 4

Same cannot be said of a rebooted King of The Hill.

???????????????????????????????????/

are they rebooting it??????????? to quote paul "NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!" some shows are off limits and that's near the top of the list. just leave it alone FOX!!!!!!

• Like 3

paul sent out another newsletter today giving details of upcoming live shows and it looks like we're getting a halloween special this year cause their reviewing the howling 2 in DC on the 27th october.

I love that movie. The end credits cracked me up as a kid, as an adult though... oh boy. At least the theme song is still rad.

• Like 1

???????????????????????????????????/

are they rebooting it??????????? to quote paul "NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!" some shows are off limits and that's near the top of the list. just leave it alone FOX!!!!!!

No Brittany Murphy either. That reboot gets a big no from me.

No Brittany Murphy either. That reboot gets a big no from me.

Agreed. Luanne Platter is the best part of the original series. Also, I just found out recently that people not from Texas don't know that she's named after the Lu Anne Platter, which is a combination plate served at Luby's. I also learned that people outside of Texas don't really know about Luby's.

68b9934b-9695-4f6a-9d5b-cccdb8d4d90f.gif

• Like 3

Agreed. Luanne Platter is the best part of the original series. Also, I just found out recently that people not from Texas don't know that she's named after the Lu Anne Platter, which is a combination plate served at Luby's. I also learned that people outside of Texas don't really know about Luby's.

68b9934b-9695-4f6a-9d5b-cccdb8d4d90f.gif

Oh my god LUBY'S!!!

Shit I don't know if those exist anymore up here but that was like the only place I actually enjoyed eating fish as a kid.

I hope people not from Texas also realize that Arlen is a combination of Arlington and Allen lol.

• Like 3

Why do we even need a King of the Hill reboot? The series was pretty much perfect, I tell you what.

• Like 4

i think i might. the cast and crew were so passionate about it but i doubt it will live up to their emotions. next weekends viewing me thinks .. unless i forget

just finished watching it. it's actually very watchable. i mean it's cheap and dated, even for 1994, but it's very charming. i think if they spent abit of money on it, cleaned it up abit and fixed a few FX & audio issues they'd have a DVD i'd buy. it's definitely more comic book/80's cartoon than the more modern versions and i think it's all the better for it. there are worse ways to spend 90 minutes ... cough .. garbage pail kids

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this