#61 muttnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 01:43 AM

View Postfirsttimecallerlongtimelistenr, on 18 August 2017 - 01:38 AM, said:

???????????????????????????????????/

are they rebooting it??????????? to quote paul "NO NO NO NO NO NO!!!" some shows are off limits and that's near the top of the list. just leave it alone FOX!!!!!!

No Brittany Murphy either. That reboot gets a big no from me.

#62 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:20 AM

View Postmuttnik, on 18 August 2017 - 01:43 AM, said:

No Brittany Murphy either. That reboot gets a big no from me.

Agreed. Luanne Platter is the best part of the original series. Also, I just found out recently that people not from Texas don't know that she's named after the Lu Anne Platter, which is a combination plate served at Luby's. I also learned that people outside of Texas don't really know about Luby's.

Posted Image
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#63 taylor anne photo

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,170 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:22 AM

View PostFister Roboto, on 18 August 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

Agreed. Luanne Platter is the best part of the original series. Also, I just found out recently that people not from Texas don't know that she's named after the Lu Anne Platter, which is a combination plate served at Luby's. I also learned that people outside of Texas don't really know about Luby's.

Posted Image

Oh my god LUBY'S!!!

Shit I don't know if those exist anymore up here but that was like the only place I actually enjoyed eating fish as a kid.

I hope people not from Texas also realize that Arlen is a combination of Arlington and Allen lol.
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#64 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 18 August 2017 - 08:43 AM

Why do we even need a King of the Hill reboot? The series was pretty much perfect, I tell you what.

#65 firsttimecallerlongtimelistenr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 19 August 2017 - 03:48 PM

View Postfirsttimecallerlongtimelistenr, on 13 August 2017 - 04:08 PM, said:

i think i might. the cast and crew were so passionate about it but i doubt it will live up to their emotions. next weekends viewing me thinks .. unless i forget

just finished watching it. it's actually very watchable. i mean it's cheap and dated, even for 1994, but it's very charming. i think if they spent abit of money on it, cleaned it up abit and fixed a few FX & audio issues they'd have a DVD i'd buy. it's definitely more comic book/80's cartoon than the more modern versions and i think it's all the better for it. there are worse ways to spend 90 minutes ... cough .. garbage pail kids