🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 125 - Casting Auditions for the New Haunted Hayride (w/ Alice Wetterlund, Mandell Maughan, Annie Savage, Matt Gourley)

Paul F. Tompkins clears his throat as he welcomes everyone back to Spontaneanation! This time out, Paul’s special return guest is actress and comedian Alice Wetterlund of TBS’ People of Earth! They chat about the moment Alice was at her very hottest and the moment she was at her very not hottest, whether she has a preference between having a baby boy or baby girl, and her short-lived marriage. Paul is then joined by Mandell Maughan, Annie Savage, and Matt Gourley, to improvise a story set at Casting Auditions for the New Haunted Hayride. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

I haven't gotten to listen to the episode yet, but this might be one of the best group photos the show has done.

• Like 1

Loved the coughing/throat-clearing at the top of the show (I don't know how Paul makes it funny every time but it's always an anticipated laugh at the end when he's just about to launch into the spelling of Eban's name).

It made me think of the variety you encounter in people's sneezing. One colleague, when she sneezes, creates a sound akin to that of a shy mouse being startled by a ghost. My brother, on the other hand, annoys the shit out of me with his over the top impression of a Wendigo screaming into a jet engine. I follow the texts and employ the traditional "Ah...CHOO!", without flourish or embellishment.

Finally, this episode rivals Superyacht for the best "PFT enjoys the joke/moment so much, he'll laugh as long and as hard as he damn well pleases". As well he might because

"Lemme just dot the i"

"OOH!" *giggles*

was perfect.

Sign in to follow this