🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 505 - Grass-Fed Bits

David Wain and musician Dan Wilson join Scott to talk about Wet Hot American Summer: Ten Years Later which was co-created by David, Dan’s latest album “Re-Covered,” and the art of starting with titles to create songs. Then, political pundit Testarossa Manigault stops by to talk about politics as well as his encounters with ghosts. Later, Randy Snutz returns to tell us about his new job at an ampm/Chevron. Plus, Dan plays tracks off his latest album live in-studio!

With CBB and I4H, Brett does such a good job on the sound and mix of the music. I wonder if any artists have contacted Earwolf about actually releasing some of these recordings...?

• Like 4

And Tim Baltz is one of the funniest fuckers on the planet. He's been a home run on every CBB.

• Like 5

I'm about to download Dan's album just because of "Someone Like You".

• Like 2

Had to check 3-4 times to make sure Dax Shepard wasn't on the show today. If Tim Baltz doesn't have a Dax Shepard impression in his quiver of comedy now is the time for him to add to his arsenal. I'm sure it will come handy, especially with the Best Dax Shepard Impression Awards (The Daxies) coming up this Fall.

Great episode. Agree that Tim killed it, but also everybody were great.

• Like 1

I have to agree with David, that might be my favorite version of Closing Time I've ever heard.

• Like 1

I love it when I learn cool things like semi-famous alt-rock songsters of yesteryear are probably super-rich for helping to write and/or produce other people's mega hits. This guy, that woman from 4 Non-Blondes, the guy from Geggy Tah, the guy from New Radicals...others.

• Like 2

And Tim Baltz is one of the funniest fuckers on the planet. He's been a home run on every CBB.

I agree and I feel like he gets overlooked a lot. His first episode was Don Darling, and it's one of my favorite first appearances ever. It still kinda bugs me that Scott et al. barely mentioned him on the 2016 tour best ofs. He was on like 7 episodes, and killed it every time.

Also Shrink is really good and you all should watch it while it's still on Seeso. He's also the blondest person in existence.

• Like 1

I agree and I feel like he gets overlooked a lot. His first episode was Don Darling, and it's one of my favorite first appearances ever. It still kinda bugs me that Scott et al. barely mentioned him on the 2016 tour best ofs. He was on like 7 episodes, and killed it every time.

I saw him on the CBB tour in Toronto last year before I had heard an episode he was in (I was a little past episode 250) and he made me laugh so hard. I'd love to see him do that character (Guy Le Biscuit) on the show sometime.

• Like 1

I've been waiting for Randy Snutz to return. More Tim Baltz please!!

is every special guest this year going to be politics related?

It's a show about interesting people. What's more interesting than politics? Nothing. So the answer is yes.

• Like 1

Great episode... Semisonic was definitely (and still is) one of my favourite rock bands from the '90 and I remember recording their videos (Closing Time, Secret Smile and Chemistry) from MTV in VHS tapes...

And when Scott introduced Dan my reaction was very similar to that of David Wain...

I have to agree with David, that might be my favorite version of Closing Time I've ever heard.

It gave me goosebumps and he did it with perfect pitch as promised

Sign in to follow this