🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 18 (Taylorannephoto's 2nd pick)

It feels like FOREVER since we've done one of these!

tumblr_inline_mgadik1cQo1ro2d43.gif

• Like 4

It feels like FOREVER since we've done one of these!

tumblr_inline_mgadik1cQo1ro2d43.gif

Are you saying to Taylorannephoto, "Hit me, baby, one more time!"?

• Like 4

I don't think she'll do it but I'm secretly hoping for her to pick

the live action Beauty and the Beast

I'm sure it'll be great no matter what.

• Like 5

Cameron H., I just posted my Gigi notes in that thread. Apologies that it took me so long but I watched it over the weekend.

• Like 4

Cameron H., I just posted my Gigi notes in that thread. Apologies that it took me so long but I watched it over the weekend.

No problem! I just read your post, and you make a lot of good points :)

• Like 3

No problem! I just read your post, and you make a lot of good points :)

Thanks. I need to start watching the movies early in the pre-week instead of waiting until just before that Monday.

• Like 2

I hope I can actually watch this one! Life has been hectic recently and I felt like I missed the boat on the last one. By the time I had time to watch it, it was this Saturday.

• Like 6

I hope I can actually watch this one! Life has been hectic recently and I felt like I missed the boat on the last one. By the time I had time to watch it, it was this Saturday.

I hope things have settled down for you. What I love is that MM's are a casual thing. If you've got other things going, you don't have to be pressured for missing one. :)

• Like 3

Alright y'all! I've been on a certain kick for a certain actress that I have loved since I was a kid so I would LOVE to discuss the incomparable...

856185b9-1987-4000-870f-354092e0fde0.jpg

What I believe to be Marilyn's greatest film! Niagara of course being a close second!

• Like 9

I hope things have settled down for you. What I love is that MM's are a casual thing. If you've got other things going, you don't have to be pressured for missing one. :)

Oh I'm one of those people that always has way too many commitments because I can't say no to things :) This is how I accidentally became Vice President on a community theatre board. But I've been loving using the musicals as downtime! I never really watch the HDTGM picks, so this is a nice thing to get to seek out that I'm more likely to enjoy.

• Like 7

Alright y'all! I've been on a certain kick for a certain actress that I have loved since I was a kid so I would LOVE to discuss the incomparable...

What I believe to be Marilyn's greatest film! Niagara of course being a close second!

Great Pick!!!

• Like 6

ooh I've never actually seen one of her films. Excited for this!

• Like 6

ooh I've never actually seen one of her films. Excited for this!

tenor.gif

YOU ARE IN FOR A TREAT!

• Like 6

Did not disappoint. Never really seen many of her movies so look forward to watching it.

• Like 5

Hey! I've actually seen this one and a bunch of times! Great pick!

• Like 6

Nice pick- I watched this one a few months ago for the first time :)

Looking forward to revisit and discuss with everyone.

• Like 3

Epic pick, Taylor, and thanks for giving us an excuse to watch this! I've never seen any Marilyn either except for 'The Prince and the Showgirl', which prompted me to immediately shift my impression from Marilyn as a ditzy hack known only for her curves, to 'holy cow this woman is a straight up comic genius'.

By the way, I am not around as much at the moment because I have just relocated to Upstate New York for my new job at SUNY Oswego. Orientation started this morning and it's a LOT. In addition to my tenure track teaching position, I'm living in one of the resident halls as a Faculty Mentor Resident, so there's very little time, it seems. But, I write this sitting at the window of my apartment, looking out over Lake Ontario from the sixth floor. It feels like last week that I came in here to announce that I got this job!

• Like 7

Epic pick, Taylor, and thanks for giving us an excuse to watch this! I've never seen any Marilyn either except for 'The Prince and the Showgirl', which prompted me to immediately shift my impression from Marilyn as a ditzy hack known only for her curves, to 'holy cow this woman is a straight up comic genius'.

By the way, I am not around as much at the moment because I have just relocated to Upstate New York for my new job at SUNY Oswego. Orientation started this morning and it's a LOT. In addition to my tenure track teaching position, I'm living in one of the resident halls as a Faculty Mentor Resident, so there's very little time, it seems. But, I write this sitting at the window of my apartment, looking out over Lake Ontario from the sixth floor. It feels like last week that I came in here to announce that I got this job!

Congratulations, again! I know you're going to excel there! Don't worry about us, we'll be here whenever you get a chance to pop in.

• Like 4

856185b9-1987-4000-870f-354092e0fde0.jpg What I believe to be Marilyn's greatest film! Niagara of course being a close second!

I've loved Jane Russell for a long time myself.

01russell_337-popup.jpg

• Like 5

I sense a pattern. Anita Loos did the stage production of Gigi and wrote the book of Gentlemen Prefer Blondes.

• Like 2

I can't wait to get in to all the nuances of Marilyn!!!

• Like 5

And if we're REALLY gonna get into Marylin Monroe and if you wanna get SUPER DEPRESSED before you watch this movie, You Must Remember This, the definitive podcast on everything depressing about Hollywood, has you covered:

http://www.youmustrememberthispodcast.com/episodes/2017/3/2/marilyn-monroe-the-beginning-dead-blondes-flashback

http://www.youmustrememberthispodcast.com/episodes/2017/3/13/marilyn-monroe-the-persona-dead-blondes-episode-7

http://www.youmustrememberthispodcast.com/episodes/2017/3/20/marilyn-monroe-the-end-dead-blondes-episode-8

Get those tears prepped!

• Like 6

I've brought up to Jackie Kashian that I could go on her podcast to dork out about Marilyn Monroe. I can genuinely dork out on everything Marilyn Monroe.

• Like 5