๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 18 (Taylorannephoto's 2nd pick)

Great pick! Looking foward to it.

ย 

Have not seen G.P.B. but "Some Like It Hot" (Also with Marilyn) is one of my Favourite movies of all time (And also I think is one of, if not, the best/funniest comedy movies of ALL TIME.) I have also seen "The Seven Year Itch" and it was also funny, but for me it didn't reach the perfection that is "Some Like It Hot"

• Like 5

Great pick! Looking foward to it.

ย 

Have not seen G.P.B. but "Some Like It Hot" (Also with Marilyn) is one of my Favourite movies of all time (And also I think is one of, if not, the best/funniest comedy movies of ALL TIME.) I have also seen "The Seven Year Itch" and it was also funny, but for me it didn't reach the perfection that is "Some Like It Hot"

I just saw Some Like It Hot for the first time in June and it was hysterical! I haven't watched it since but GBP has lots of rewatchability for me.

• Like 4

I just saw Some Like It Hot for the first time in June and it was hysterical! I haven't watched it since but GBP has lots of rewatchability for me.

I personally find it hard to rewatch Some Like It Hot... but that may be because of how I know the real life Marilyn story during that filming and how rude Tony Curtis was afterwards (he said kissing Marilyn was like kissing Hitler and that's just uncalled for dude).

• Like 4

I personally find it hard to rewatch Some Like It Hot... but that may be because of how I know the real life Marilyn story during that filming and how rude Tony Curtis was afterwards (he said kissing Marilyn was like kissing Hitler and that's just uncalled for dude).

ย 

I was about to say, Tony Curtis was SO MEAN in all his interviews about Marilyn and the movie.

• Like 4

I hope I can actually watch this one! Life has been hectic recently and I felt like I missed the boat on the last one. By the time I had time to watch it, it was this Saturday.

Yeah, I was in the same missed boat. I still have Gigi on my list, but I didn't get a chance to watch it last week.

ย 

Alright y'all! I've been on a certain kick for a certain actress that I have loved since I was a kid so I would LOVE to discuss the incomparable...

You were a big Jane Russell fan as a kid?

• Like 3

I've had a busy couple of weeks as well, including an unexpected funeral last Friday.

ย 

On that note, I LOVE Marilyn. I've been lightly kicking around an idea for a about a year of taking the generic elements of her film noir roles into one sort of tribute script. I'm so looking forward to to watching GPB

• Like 3

I've had a busy couple of weeks as well, including an unexpected funeral last Friday.

ย 

ย 

I'm sorry to hear that. You have my condolences.

• Like 1

I just watched "Some Like It Hot" for the first time earlier this year. While I thought it stood up I did not care for Tony Curtis. Jack Lemon is so charming and likable that the fact he's kinda being bullied by the "cooler" Tony Curtis I find a bit off putting. Then I go on to read about Tony Curtis some more and thought "This guy seems like a real piece of work."

• Like 5

I just watched "Some Like It Hot" for the first time earlier this year. While I thought it stood up I did not care for Tony Curtis. Jack Lemon is so charming and likable that the fact he's kinda being bullied by the "cooler" Tony Curtis I find a bit off putting. Then I go on to read about Tony Curtis some more and thought "This guy seems like a real piece of work."

Omg I completely agree! Jack Lemmon is totally the highlight of those two!

• Like 4

We talked about what everyone's favorite musicals have been recently, and I'm wondering what song everyone has listened to the most from the musicals we've watched. Is there one song that just keeps going around and around in your head?

ย 

For me, it's been "The Tango Maureen" from Rent (followed pretty closely by "I'll Cover You").

• Like 3

We talked about what everyone's favorite musicals have been recently, and I'm wondering what song everyone has listened to the most from the musicals we've watched. Is there one song that just keeps going around and around in your head?

ย 

For me, it's been "The Tango Maureen" from Rent (followed pretty closely by "I'll Cover You").

While I enjoyed other movies we've covered more than HSM...a lot of them don't necessarily have the catchiest songs (or even memorable songs).

So to answer... I'd say "Get your head in the game" and "Bet on it" have been stuck in my head the most, lol.

ย 

Before HSM though, I think the other movie that had more songs stuck in my head was JCS. "Everything's alright" "Heaven on their Minds"...and any of the ones with Judas singing.

• Like 3

While I enjoyed other movies we've covered more than HSM.

ย 

Well, that's just crazy talk...

• Like 4

While I enjoyed other movies we've covered more than HSM...a lot of them don't necessarily have the catchiest songs (or even memorable songs).

So to answer... I'd say "Get your head in the game" and "Bet on it" have been stuck in my head the most, lol.

ย 

Before HSM though, I think the other movie that had more songs stuck in my head was JCS. "Everything's alright" "Heaven on their Minds"...and any of the ones with Judas singing.

I said to my wife the other day, in all absolute seriousness,

ย 

"I can't predict the future, and I don't know what's ahead, but I know one thing with absolute certainty: that at least once a day for the rest of my natural life, I will get at least one 'High School Musical' song stuck in my head."

• Like 6

The albums I listen to are HSM and Rent. As far as single songs, I probably wouldn't skip over "Heaven on Their Mind," "Hell of It," "Money Money," and "Zydrate Anatomy."

ย 

ETA - I was listening to "Hell of It" as I wrote this.

• Like 5

I kinda have to jump on the HSM wagon here as I think the "Status Quo" song has been stuck in my head longer than any of the other songs.

• Like 6

I think you'll all be delighted to know that I do in fact have the full Across the Universe soundtrack on my iphone

• Like 8

I've been listening to the Repo! soundtrack incessantly since we discussed the movie. Listening to the album brings up lots of points I missed in the viewing. I'll have to write up my thoughts and post them in that thread.

• Like 4

I kinda have to jump on the HSM wagon here as I think the "Status Quo" song has been stuck in my head longer than any of the other songs.

ย 

I didn't have any stuck in my head prior to reading this last night but since then, Status Quo has been stuck.

• Like 4

I just started watching Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and I will save my full opinions for next week but, oh man, I am loving it! These one-liners... more like Gentleman Prefers Wordplay!

ย 

Me, watching Jane Russell deliver dialogue:

giphy.gif

• Like 6

I just started watching Gentlemen Prefer Blondes and I will save my full opinions for next week but, oh man, I am loving it! These one-liners... more like Gentleman Prefers Wordplay!

ย 

Me, watching Jane Russell deliver dialogue:

giphy.gif

I have all of the thoughts to share about Russell. She's the absolute best!

• Like 4

I have all of the thoughts to share about Russell. She's the absolute best!

I really liked her in His Girl Friday.

movie01.jpg

• Like 5

ย 

I didn't have any stuck in my head prior to reading this last night but since then, Status Quo has been stuck.

You are welcome.

• Like 3