🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 038: Park, Theme Park (with Paul Scheer)

Paul Scheer sits down with Matt and Matt to create a James Bond theme park. From the Hotel to the rides to the concessions they've thought of everything.

I don't really care for Bond movies but I love to listen three nerds geek out. Awesome episode.

• Like 1

This was great.

My park name suggestion is Double 0 Heaven. (I know this is terrible.)

• Like 2

This was great.

My park name suggestion is Double 0 Heaven. (I know this is terrible.)

No, that's pretty great.

The Great Moments with Mr. Fleming bit was genius. I laughed so hard. I'd love to see a boat ride called "It's a Small World Is Not Enough."

However I don't see the need to combine the Alpine/Piz Gloria mountain with Blofeld's hallowed out volcano. Disneyland has multiple mountains, Space, Big Thunder, Splash, and the Matterhorn so "James Bond Land" could also have more than one. Blofeld's Volcano could be the centerpiece of a section of the park called "Spectre Island."

Piz Gloria would be the centerpiece of the Alpine Mountain section where a gondola takes visitor's to a revolving restaurant at the mountain's summit. The mountain would have have several rides and attractions surrounding it including, a bobsled ride from "For Your Eyes Only", a ski chase from "On her Majesty's Secret Service", and the Cello case ride from "The Living Daylights."

At the bottom of the Alpine Mountain there would be a car chase ride called the "Aston Martin Alpine Adventure" which would take you through various scenes and situations from Goldfinger, OHMSS, The Living Daylights, and Die Another Day. You start off racing Tilly Masterson's Mustang down the mountain during "summer" then winter sets in and you'll chase by Spectre's henchmen through a village a demolition derby, and a snow drift, you blast your way through a police barricade into a tunnel and through a barn, and then onto a frozen lake where Zao gives chase in his tricked out Jaguar.

There would be several versions of the Aston Martin to ride in. The DB5 from GoldfingerF The DBS from On Her Majesty's Secret Service, the V8 Vantage Volante from The Living Daylights , and the Vantage from Die Another Day,

There would also be an Alpine village with other shops and restaurants which would be an amalgamation of the villages and ski resorts from the films. ""Do You Know How Christmas Trees Are Grown?" would be played nonstop on speakers spread throughout the village.

Plus you can get yourself a cone at Bibi Dahl's Ice Cream Shop.

Sign in to follow this