🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 38 — Who Is Steve Heisler?

Steve Heisler has a life that I'm sure many Earwolf fans envy: He writes about comedy for The AV Club, Vulture and Variety, he produces comedy for the Just For Laughs festival, and he performs comedy of his very own! If you aspire to create a career for yourself in comedy production, you'll want to hear Steve's story and his advice for other freelancers. Please visit ourstoreor consider making adonation, and if you have any plans on shopping on Amazon, use our affiliate link onEarwolf!

Hey Jeff,
This is a reposting of what I posted on the episode 37 post. I decided to repost it after listening to this and hearing that you only had one order from the amazon sponsorship program. Now that number is at least up to two. ---

Just bought something through the great Amazon sponsorship link on the site and I hope that it worked. I also agree with Barry, while it is fine to have a test run I think perhaps something that is important to get out there is that this thing exists. It was super easy to use (so easy I am afraid i did something wrong) and I think you or each host should mention it in there little ad time they do in each episode. You could even just have them directed there and just put a short audio player under the amazon link in which you explain how it works and helps Earwolf. I am sure that would be a huge boost to the program.
Love the show and I am sure that I am not the 1st person to bring this up but I really like the amazon sponshership idea because I love so many Earwolf shows but I don't have a ton of disposable income to just give to people. So this allows me to spend my disposible income on something that gets me something and helps Earwolf

I've not listened to the episode yet but regarding the Amazon link, a lot of sites have these already. The admin of a forum I post on has asked people to buy from amazon using the affiliate link to help maintain that site.
_
It is probably worth pushing it harder to explain to people how they can help earwolf by going to amazon through it, but it's worth bearing in mind that there's going to be a lot of other sites competing with over this. A lot of these are just going to be things like independent forums that aren't actual businesses. So personally, I prefer to donate occasionally and buy things from the store, but the amazon links I won't use because I'm using the affiliate links for other sites to help them out.

Hey Jeff,

I liked the interview this week. I really dig the AV Club.

During your discussion with Steve Heisler, the topic of the Earwolf blog and it's visitor traffic came up. The reason I don't check the blog as frequently as I'd like is mainly technical. I use Google Reader to read blogs that I check daily and I haven't found a way yet to subscribe to the Earwolf blog. I'm sure I am not the only one who uses some kind of rss compiling service to read blogs. So much of consuming web content is about convenience and currently it's not convenient to see new blog posts. Is there a reason the Earwolf blog does not have an RSS feed?

Sign in to follow this