🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 169.5 - Minisode 169.5

You guyz, I'm sick of all this negativity towards the the movie. It's a fun, positive movie about embracing our differences and weird racial stereotypes. At least Cameron gets it!

You're being real Merediths and I need you to be more like my homegirl Sasha.

Word.

XmkgG.gif

• Like 3

I haven't been able to watch this yet, but the girl that plays Chole seemed super familiar but I couldn't place her. So I looked her up on IMDB - and I know her from a Criminal Minds episode- but the startling fact is that she appears to be mostly in a series of movies called Baby Geniuses? Four of them! Why are there four of them? I'm so sad for her.

• Like 1

The amount of musical montages alone is worth a watch. This soundtrack had to have been a boxed set. There's music under almost every scene. Was it ever mentioned how old Yasmin's brother and Meredith's sister are? Just curious.

• Like 2

The amount of musical montages alone is worth a watch. This soundtrack had to have been a boxed set. There's music under almost every scene. Was it ever mentioned how old Yasmin's brother and Meredith's sister are? Just curious.

The actress playing Meredith's sister was 11 when the film came out but probably 10 during filming. I can't find the age for Yasmin's brother but I'm assuming he's supposed to be 13 at the oldest since Yasmin was a freshman.

It was gross seeing him hit on a literal child.

• Like 2

The actress playing Meredith's sister was 11 when the film came out but probably 10 during filming. I can't find the age for Yasmin's brother but I'm assuming he's supposed to be 13 at the oldest since Yasmin was a freshman.

It was gross seeing him hit on a literal child.

I think when the movie starts and Yasmin is 14/15 he is supposed to be 12/13. Cause he isn't seen at the school so I'm assuming he's 2 years younger than her since he then goes to school with her in the time jump then making him 14/15.

So yeah a 14/15 year old hitting on an 11 year old is weird and gross.

• Like 4

Grudlian (et al.) which Bratz are you?

I'm a Jade.

tumblr_mhqhlbxtNW1qejwiio1_500.gif

• Like 2

I think when the movie starts and Yasmin is 14/15 he is supposed to be 12/13. Cause he isn't seen at the school so I'm assuming he's 2 years younger than her since he then goes to school with her in the time jump then making him 14/15.

There was a two year time jump? It explains a lot but I missed that.

• Like 1

Omg yeah! Right after the montage of them all fighting via video chat it just goes "2 years later."

• Like 1

Buzzfeed quiz says I'm a Chloe (boring!). So I would like to be this kid with a skeleton on the first day of school.

IDQdc52.png?1

• Like 6

Oh shit - this whole time I thought her name was just Jay

"Jay" is boring. "Jade's" got sparkle.

• Like 1

Yeah, there was a little intermission in the beginning of the movie that explained it.

Otherwise there were zero physical cues that these characters were 2 years older.

Puberty apparently does not exist in the Bratz universe.

• Like 2

Yeah, there was a little intermission in the beginning of the movie that explained it.

Otherwise there were zero physical cues that these characters were 2 years older.

Puberty apparently does not exist in the Bratz universe.

I don't want to blow your mind here but on average girls go through puberty in middle school.

• Like 3

Buzzfeed quiz says I'm a Chloe (boring!). So I would like to be this kid with a skeleton on the first day of school.

Uhm you didn't even share the Buzzfeed quiz?!

• Like 2

I don't want to blow your mind here but on average girls go through puberty in middle school.

Girls are definitely still growing at age 14.

Girls are definitely still growing at age 14.

Yes, but not to the extremes that puberty cause. There would be slight changes from 14-17 but honestly it would be more styling choices that can change how you look (which clearly they were very set in their styles the whole time lol).

• Like 3

We're all getting dangerously close to talking about specifics...

• Like 1

Oh shit - this whole time I thought her name was just Jay

Me too! I figured it out looking at the cast list on imdb.

Omg yeah! Right after the montage of them all fighting via video chat it just goes "2 years later."

I assumed that was only a few weeks or a couple months at most. I thought Yasmin's brother showed up at school due to lazy writing.

I feel like a real Chloe right now.

EDIT: according to the quiz, I AM a Chloe

• Like 3

Here you go!

I got Yasmin, which I kind of expected, but my lord do I hate quizes that you can obviously tell which answer is for which result lol.

• Like 2

I got Yasmin, which I kind of expected, but my lord do I hate quizes that you can obviously tell which answer is for which result lol.

M got Yasmin too!

• Like 2

M got Yasmin too!

I took the OFFICIAL Bratz quiz and...I also got Yasmin. But, you know what, I'll always be a Jade in my heart.

• Like 3

Thank you!! That's why I wanted to know their ages because it was gross seeing him hit on her over and over, but then I thought, 'What if they're supposed to be the same age and the weirdness is all in my head'. Ew.

• Like 2

'What if they're supposed to be the same age and the weirdness is all in my head'. Ew.

Even if they were the same age, it's still gross-o to watch little kids flirt. The weirdness was not just in your head.

• Like 1

Thank you, Cameron H.!

For what it's worth, I got Yasmin. I would have chosen "None of the above" or "other," if they were available as answers.

• Like 2