🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 169.5 - Minisode 169.5

Spice World is legit entertaining. I can admit being moved by Odd Life Of Timothy Green.

All About Steve is...well, you might need to explain that to me.

• Like 2

It's good to hear that Austin is all good! I really hope that Jammer and Sammich are okay!

We're on flood watch this week but thankfully we've only gotten slight rain this weekend but it's still insane the reach of this thing. Literally it's the size of Texas.

And there aren't any fronts pushing it out of Texas, so it's just kind of hovering until it dissipates.

And it's pissing me off that all of the news/weather reports are like, "ZOMG THIS IS THE MOST DEVASTATING THING EVARRR!!!!!" Like, can you just tell me how much more rain we're supposed to get without screaming in my face like I'm about to get blown away at any second? Kthnx. Hurricanes are scary enough without this exaggerated nonsense.

• Like 6

And there aren't any fronts pushing it out of Texas, so it's just kind of hovering until it dissipates.

And it's pissing me off that all of the news/weather reports are like, "ZOMG THIS IS THE MOST DEVASTATING THING EVARRR!!!!!" Like, can you just tell me how much more rain we're supposed to get without screaming in my face like I'm about to get blown away at any second? Kthnx. Hurricanes are scary enough without this exaggerated nonsense.

Also it's so insulting to everyone who went through Sandy & Katrina when they say this is a "once in a lifetime" storm. (100,000 people who evacuated from New Orleans to Houston stayed so I can't even imagine what they're going through.)

• Like 7

Bratz is on HBO Now right now too.

This is so early 2000s lol. This soundtrack is on some A Simple Plan/Sum 41 level.

Also, blondie's mom was a nice surprise! Get the windex!

That was Yasmin's grandmother - she calls her bubbie, which is a term usually used for a Jewish grandmother. I think Yasmin was supposed to be Hispanic/Jewish.

• Like 1

Paul,

tumblr_inline_nj3sp0janD1s61rec.gif

tumblr_mam0nd3OxD1rcu1vho1_500.gif

I haven't watched the movie yet but I was a reluctant fan of Pretty Little Liars and a huge fan of Mona/Janel Parrish on that show. Bummer this movie is going to ruin that for me.

• Like 5

I just found out this movie is not streaming on any platform here, and not even available to rent. I don't think it ever came here because all the copies on Amazon are imported DVDs. Now to decide if this is worth $10 to own or not.

• Like 1

I just found out this movie is not streaming on any platform here, and not even available to rent. I don't think it ever came here because all the copies on Amazon are imported DVDs. Now to decide if this is worth $10 to own or not.

Maybe we can set up a viewing for you or something.

• Like 1

Maybe we can set up a viewing for you or something.

Would be appreciated but based on what I'm hearing maybe I should just pass and enjoy the show.

• Like 2

No, definitely not worth $10 to own. I can probably show it to you with hbo now.

• Like 5

Would be appreciated but based on what I'm hearing maybe I should just pass and enjoy the show.

Save yourself

• Like 3

Not far into Bratz, but is this movie about the pitfalls about being amazing at everything you do?

• Like 3

This movie. Is what this country needs. Right now.

Down with divisive rhetoric! Down with cliques! We're all beautiful!

This movie. Is what this country needs. Right now.

Down with divisive rhetoric! Down with cliques! We're all beautiful!

We're all beautiful if we're all born with perfect bone structure, money, and talents that make you noteworthy at 14!

• Like 3

We're all beautiful if we're all born with perfect bone structure, money, and talents that make you noteworthy at 14!

Chloe doesn't have money. Nor does Yasmin. And they are bringing the school together - regardless of their talent or looks. I'm not going to look down on them just because they're amazing!

• Like 1

Chloe doesn't have money. Nor does Yasmin. And they are bringing the school together - regardless of their talent or looks. I'm not going to look down on them just because they're amazing!

Lol I was mostly joking but they're all four kids who show up to their high school and are better than literally everyone at everything and it just made me side eye lol.

Also Yasmin was never presented as not having money, cause shoes like that are expensive as fuck and her mom? grandma? keeps handing her bags of shoes so that's some money flow right there!

• Like 2

Lol I was mostly joking but they're all four kids who show up to their high school and are better than literally everyone at everything and it just made me side eye lol.

Also Yasmin was never presented as not having money, cause shoes like that are expensive as fuck and her mom? grandma? keeps handing her bags of shoes so that's some money flow right there!

I just guessed they were light on cash based on their one bathroom situation. I guess I'll just have to watch it again...

• Like 1

Maybe she was Movie Poor? Like we have Movie Ugly and TV Ugly as opposed to... actual ugly (See Garbage Pail Kids for more information)? We just have to accept that this teenage girl who has everything she wants is poor because she can't summon MTV to do a special on her Super Sweet 16 party?

• Like 6

I just guessed they were light on cash based on their one bathroom situation. I guess I'll just have to watch it again...

Clearly she's not Sasha rich but by the end they make it clear that she's not Chloe poor. So I guess she's in the middle???

Also Jay is clearly not Chloe poor if she was able to build a hidden closet within her closet...

• Like 4

Clearly she's not Sasha rich but by the end they make it clear that she's not Chloe poor. So I guess she's in the middle???

Yasmin's family had to rent out their rooms to the mariachi band for the extra income.

• Like 3

Also Jay is clearly not Chloe poor if she was able to build a hidden closet within her closet...

I'm going to start using the term "Chloe poor."

Just finished and I'm proud of all the Bratz! They showed real Bratitude

• Like 7

Yasmin's family had to rent out their rooms to the mariachi band for the extra income.

That wasn't even the first racial stereotype of the movie

• Like 4

You guyz, I'm sick of all this negativity towards the the movie. It's a fun, positive movie about embracing our differences and weird racial stereotypes. At least Cameron gets it!

You're being real Merediths and I need you to be more like my homegirl Sasha.

• Like 7