143 replies to this topic

#141 EvRobert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 04 September 2017 - 11:07 AM

This was a great film and just what I needed to jump back in after being gone for several weeks. thanks Taylor!

#142 Society Max

Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:41 AM

I saw the Lady Gaga Netflix Bio/Documentary "Gaga: Five Foot Two" and she talks a little bit about Marilyn Monroe and who she thinks is responsible for M.M. death...

Spoiler

And in one of the first scenes her house is filled with star shapped ballons because Bradley Coopper is directing the "A Star is Born" remake starring her

#143 taylor anne photo

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:53 AM

View PostGood times2the Max!miliano, on 27 September 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

I saw the Lady Gaga Netflix Bio/Documentary "Gaga: Five Foot Two" and she talks a little bit about Marilyn Monroe and who she thinks is responsible for M.M. death...

Spoiler

And in one of the first scenes her house is filled with star shapped ballons because Bradley Coopper is directing the "A Star is Born" remake starring her

I don't disagree with her but I'll take it a step farther and say that 1950s-60s expectations of a female killed her too. I believe that if she were born in this modern era and suffered through her mental illnesses with less stigma then she wouldn't have relied so heavily on drugs to make her feel better. Now we know that with Amy, Kurt, Whitney, etc those people were all dealing with demons and still ended up succumbing to their illnesses but I just think Marilyn could have been different. Also I still kinda believe in the whole conspiracy part cause she really wanted to make herself a better, more confident, actress.
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#144 Society Max

Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Posted 27 September 2017 - 05:59 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 27 September 2017 - 05:53 AM, said:

I don't disagree with her but I'll take it a step farther and say that 1950s-60s expectations of a female killed her too. I believe that if she were born in this modern era and suffered through her mental illnesses with less stigma then she wouldn't have relied to heavily on drugs to make her feel better. ...I just think Marilyn could have been different. Also I still kinda believe in the whole conspiracy part cause she really wanted to make herself a better, more confident, actress.

Agreed