🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

This is one of those movies that I know is fucking garbage but I cant help but watch it anytime it pops up on any of the streaming services.

Whoa. This looks bad. Really bad. When I see something like this get 3 out of 4 stars from Ebert, it makes me wonder if those guys were having a laugh at everyone's expense sometimes.

I've watched this movie with directors commentary and can confirm that the director basically indulged every insane actors choice that Ben Foster made with his character who incidentally was modeled after a horrorcore singer to make him seem scary I guess.

• Like 1

I've watched this movie with directors commentary and can confirm that the director basically indulged every insane actors choice that Ben Foster made with his character who incidentally was modeled after a horrorcore singer to make him seem scary I guess.

That's amazing! I need to start watching more movie commentaries. I've typically only done it with comedies rather than dramas and actions. I might have to try and find this one, because it sounds like a great backstory.

There are some amazing movie commentaries. Total Recall with Arnold Schwarzenegger and paul Verhouven is hysterical. Its Arnold basically narrarating everything happening onscreen and disagreeing with Paul on whether or not the events of the movie were in fact a dream.

Armegeddon with Ben Affleck is pretty great too, he just openly mocks the horseshit science and logic displayed throughout the movie.

Also if anyone wants to know how close Brendan Fraser really is to the character he plays in Blast from the Past should listen to his solo commentary for The Mummy.

• Like 1

I remember watching this and thinking that Kevin Pollak took his role solely because he spends 3/4 of it unconscious. The beginning was also bonkers as you have a guy who has his family at gunpoint for when we see at least hours, and Willis could not appear more bored as he nonchalantly is combing his hair and beard. You could literally hear his apathy on the radio so it's no wonder the guy kills his family. I also think that this was the role where Ben Foster learned how much scene chewing was too much leading to better performances in films like 3:10 to Yuma and Hell or High Water.

It's hilarious how little fucks were given by him in that opening scene. The dude on the phone is clearly losing his shit and at no point sounds anywhere near calm enough for Bruce to be exhibiting the level of confidence that he does.

Ben Foster is just fascinating to watch in this movie, the director was actively encouraging him throughout so his bizarre performance just takes over.

It's hilarious how little fucks were given by him in that opening scene. The dude on the phone is clearly losing his shit and at no point sounds anywhere near calm enough for Bruce to be exhibiting the level of confidence that he does.

Ben Foster is just fascinating to watch in this movie, the director was actively encouraging him throughout so his bizarre performance just takes over.

It's amazing to see how Foster has evolved as an actor, so much I believe that he was robbed of the supporting actor nomination for Hell or High Water in favor of Jeff "every role now is Yosemite Sam" Bridges, and he was easily the best part of this film outside of the little bit of Kim Coates that we got as the guy holding Willis' family hostage.

Fosters great and at least he was going for something in the movie. Bruce just kind of listlessly floats through this movie after the delightful opening scene.

Kim Coates is easily one of my favorite character actors of all time. He's great in everything he does. X-change is a fun watch to see him in a leading role.