🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 128 — Coach? Coach? Coach?

Boy, what a fun episode of Comedy Bang Bang we have today! Our old friend Harris Wittels is in the studio with a brand new edition of Harris' Foam Corner. Our new friend Jon Heder makes a great first impression with an impressive round of Harris' favorite game What Am I Thinking?! To top it off, our new acquaintance (Ihesitateto call him a friend) Hank Williams, Jr. offers up some commentary straight from the zeitgeist and inspires a round of Alive or Dead as well as a ghastly rap battle. Making friends, cracking jokes, learning about each other, isn't that what Comedy Bang Bang is all about?

So many bearded bros this week. Jon Heder... Heeeder... Header... Hader... Həder.... did a great job keeping up with all of the games. I hope he comes back again!

I'm 3 minutes in and I just checked the store to see if they actually were selling hot-sauce.

@Tom The Hot Saucerman Hot Sauce was a limited edition item that sold out quickly. But it did really exist and sold for like $20 a bottle if I recall correctly.

That What Am I Thinking? was perfect and excruciating at the same time. "Saturday Night Live and Jason & the Argonauts... okay we're getting there..."

Scott tends to take "yes and..." to an uncomfortable extent, which creates great comedy. But even he was hesitant about another rap battle ("really?"); his improv instinct forced him to play along. Unless it's someone who actually raps (Gelman, Daly, Kremer, etc.), let's put a temporary moratorium on rap battles.

Best catch phrase and What Am I Thinking ever!

10 mins in:
Harris: "This fucking game takes forever"
Scott: "What? No it doesn't, fan favorite!"

This may be the funniest end to a Foam Corner yet. I don't know if it was planned for the theme song to start IMMEDIATELY after the end of Harris' last joke, but the immediacy made the joke's lameness that much funnier. Great episode all-around; I was glad to see that Heder was so game for everything.

Man, I love this episode. Seemed like it took the guys a minute to jive with each other but when they did it produced great results. The rap battle especially was awesome. Each one seemed better than the last. I do love a good Sixth Sense inspired rap.

I could listen to Scott utter Michael Jackson sounds all day long. Dah.

Yeah, I was also like "WHAT THE FUCK?!" when Heaeder said "E.T." and Wittels said "Justin Long". I was listening to it by myself in my car (crying?) and I even went "3, 2, 1, TOM GREE--WHA?!"

J jj -

The Alive Or Dead theme is Faith No More - Surprise! You're Dead!

And I'm glad ya'll liked the timing of the Foam Corner Theme outro. :)

- Duzz10

As usual, amazing episode.

My highlights: Scott was at the top of his callback game with his instant "tear ewer" reference.

Could not have laughed harder at how much Harris hates "What am I thinking?" Harris Wittles is always a winner (or fan favorite, as they say in the biz) and his critique of the show always hit home.

Sign in to follow this