๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
JulyDiaz

Episode 170 - Bratz

Not Bratz related: Did anyone see Inhumans? I've been reading bad reviews and cackling.

ย 

I have not watched. The nicest thing I read about it was that Medusa's hair didn't suck too much.

• Like 4

My friend got married a few years ago and said she might use that song as her first dance because it was right after Twilight was released, she's a huge Twihard, and that song was a big thing in the movie (I guess, I never saw it. Its a huge point of contention in our friendship lol) . I mocked her a bit so she changed it to something else, but then added it as one of the last songs of the night and told the DJ to dedicate it to me.

Yeah I didn't even know it was a Twilight song until maybe a year ago? When a fellow photographer told me and I was like whaaaaat!? I'm just tired of every bride choosing it lol, cause I can usually tell it's not the couple's "song" it's just a romantic one they decided to dance to.

ย 

THERE ARE THOUSANDS OF ROMANTIC SONGS FOR CHRIST'S SAKE

• Like 4

I dont' think I could work weddings, either as DJ or photographer or anything. People are too stressed out about a dumb party. I also think "Daughters" by John Mayer is over-used as a father-daughter dance song. And when my college roommate danced with her dad, she used that. So I looked over at my mom to be like "can you believe" and she was OPENLY WEEPING AT JOHN MAYER (she may have been drunk). And she said, "It's SO SAD!" I was like, "[Roommate] isn't DYING, mom."

ย 

I have not watched. The nicest thing I read about it was that Medusa's hair didn't suck too much.

I read that said "Lockjaw was fine."

• Like 7

My wife and I had a small wedding. No music, aside from the strings at the ceremony (Pachelbel, Mendelssohn, etc.)

I've shot weddings with no music before. Mostly because they were Footloose style Baptist though...

• Like 6

I read that said "Lockjaw was fine."

ย 

Aw, that sucks because Lockjaw is awesome in Ms. Marvel.

ย 

I've shot weddings with no music before. Mostly because they were Footloose style Baptist though...

ย 

That is sad, because Footloose has a kickass soundtrack.

• Like 4

The "getting up/dressing up while streaming" montange song from the opening credits is a bad copy of Alice Dj's "Better Off Alone" Wich is kinda funny IMHO since the Bratz break up for 2 years :P

ย 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHjNmyzrVvM

• Like 2

"A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri

ย 

I only know this song from the Twilight movies, and I don't mind it, really. But, if I had to hear it all the time, I think I would be over it. Even though I only enjoy the Twilight movies ironically, I like how the used this song over the credits of the last one and kind of gave all of the actors their bow - kind of like what Return of the King did for all of the LotR actors.

ย 

FORUM QUESTION: If you were getting married tomorrow, what song would you choose for your first dance?

ย 

Most likely, ours would be:

ย 

ย 

Granted, I have no idea what this dance would look like...lol

• Like 2

ย 

FORUM QUESTION: If you were getting married tomorrow, what song would you choose for your first dance?

ย 

"A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri

ย 

Kidding of course. I'm pretty far from getting married (unless I have one of those crazy rom-com relationships where you get married within a week of meeting) but I've always liked the idea of having my first dance being "Baby (You've got what it takes)".

ย 

• Like 1

ย 

(unless I have one of those crazy rom-com relationships where you get married within a week of meeting)

ย 

You never know. You don't, perchance, work at or own a bakery, do you? If so, you might want to go ahead and pick out that dress now, because a frazzled architect is bound to walk through that door any second.

ย 

(Love your song choice, btw)

• Like 4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AwaA85nEbE

ย 

In all seriousness I do believe that's something that the couple should choose together as their song. I had friends choose "Only One" by Yellowcard for their first dance and it was a really good choice for them! And then my best friend and her husband chose Ingrid Michaelson's "The Way I Am" which is a perfect romantic song.

• Like 2

You never know. You don't, perchance, work at or own a bakery, do you? If so, you might want to go ahead and pick out that dress now, because a frazzled architect is bound to walk through that door any second.

ย 

(Love your song choice, btw)

ย 

Not yet, but I do have a dream of owning my own coffee shop some day. So I'll just get a wedding dress when I secure that business loan.

• Like 2

ย 

If I was marrying the same person? The Jackson 5's I Want You Back.

A couple of years ago on a car trip, this song would come on first whenever I hooked up my iphone to the car. There must have been something wrong with the iTunes shuffle algorithm or something? At first it was amusing, but then it got so annoying that even before first piano fill was finished we would fast forward to the next song. But it kept happening and we learned to love the song again out of necessity, lol. The song is a reminder of the great trip we had. Plus, I want my dance to be something upbeat/fun.

ย 

If I was marrying a different person? The Beach Boys' God Only Knows. I'm gonna keep using that for all my marriages.

• Like 3

ย 

ย 

Not yet, but I do have a dream of owning my own coffee shop some day. So I'll just get a wedding dress when I secure that business loan.

ย 

They should just hand you one along with the keys ;)

• Like 1

ย 

I only know this song from the Twilight movies, and I don't mind it, really. But, if I had to hear it all the time, I think I would be over it. Even though I only enjoy the Twilight movies ironically, I like how the used this song over the credits of the last one and kind of gave all of the actors their bow - kind of like what Return of the King did for all of the LotR actors.

ย 

ย 

Most likely, ours would be:

ย 

Granted, I have no idea what this dance would look like...lol

Fuck Cameron, I knew there was a reason we were friends. I love First Aid Kit so much...

ย 

My wife and I got married in 2001 so I'm certain that our wedding song was either this:

or this:

ย 

It was a terrible time for music.

• Like 5

It would only let me post two videos per link, so here's the third one to really bring it home:

ย 

or this.

• Like 5

If I was marrying a different person? The Beach Boys' God Only Knows. I'm gonna keep using that for all my marriages.

ย 

That would actually work for multiple marriages: "I may not always love you..."

ย 

If it was based on the first song that ever played in my car, and which we subsequently "rocked" out to, then it would be Bon Jovi's "You Give Love A Bad Name" - which I think would be pretty fun.

• Like 5

I was the best man in a wedding where the couple did a full-on choreographed swing number to 'Paradise By the Dash Board Light'. It might sound hip and fun and cool and whatever and they had fun but good lord it was painful.

• Like 2

Okay. So it's decided that when CakeBug and I stop playing games and finally leave our wives, our first dance will be something by First Aid Kit.

• Like 4

Okay. So it's decided that when CakeBug and I stop playing games and finally leave our wives, our first dance will be something by First Aid Kit.

Obviously it'd be this.

ย 

• Like 1

ย 

ย 

ย 

Easy.

• Like 3

ย 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1g5D8DOe77k

ย 

It was a terrible time for music.

ย 

giphy.gif

ย 

I'm 31 y/o (born in 1986) and I think my overall music taste is probably not going change much from now until the rest of my days (I'm aware that this entire rebuttal is nostalgia based and chances are that musically I'm already an old grump. Also, nothing is set in stone... Yet)... I dislike 99% percent of current maintream music, and I'll listen to Blue and Mambo Number 5 and old EDM and old Rock and old Pop before "Despacito" ANY DAY... The 80s, 90s and 00s (Up until 2009 more or less) are my main "go to" time periods for most of my favourite songs and artists (Again, don't get me wrong I'm not closed off for music after 2009 or before the 80s because I like many songs from the 40s, 50s, 60s, 70s but the only popular current mainstream artists that I can listen to are Adele and

)

ย 

Buuuuut... All I've said above is void if we talk Classical Music which trumps any kind/type of music in my book

ย 

ย 

To summarize, I respect your opinion CakeBug Tranch but I also respectfully disagree because I LOVE that type of music, and still do. The type of music which only flaw (that I think we can all agree) is that it didn't age that well (much like my aforementioned musical taste), But, IMHO, is still a million times better than the noises and sound polution we have nowadays ;) (Again, just my opinion that only SOUNDS closed-minded but is really not)

• Like 6

To summarize, I respect your opinion CakeBug Tranch but I also respectfully disagree because I LOVE that type of .usic, and still do. The type of music which only flaw (that I think we can all agree) is that it did not aged well (much like my afored mentioned musical taste), But, IMHO, is still a millioon times better than the noises and sound polution we have nowadays (Again, just my opinion that only SOUNDS closed-minded but is really not)

ย 

Oh, I'm not one to speak, Max - my favourite eras for music are 1994-1998 or thereabouts, which is entirely to do with the fact that I was finishing high school and starting university in that period. I know full well that there are big problems with bands like Everclear, Bush, Oasis, Luscious Jackson, Elastica, etc etc etc, but I love them because of their connection to what I was going through in that time. The ones I cited above (LFO, Eiffel 65, Lou Bega) are, however, all horrible: compared to what I loved from a decade prior, it's the 'noises and sound pollution' you mention. Okay, maybe not Lou. He's fun.

• Like 6