🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 170 - Bratz

Forum question: which movie best represents your teenage experience?

A) Bratz

B ) LOL

C) Abduction

D) I Know Who Killed Me

E) Twilight Saga

F) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze

G) Masters of the Universe

H) Hackers

I) Teen Witch

J) The Covenant

K) Solarbabies

L) The Boy Next Door

M) Vampire Academy

N) Grease 2

O) Airborne

P) Surf Ninjas

Q) Sleepwalkers

R) My Stepmother is an Alien

S) The Wraith (I think...I'm not sure we ever nailed down their ages)

T) Garbage Pail Kids

U) Joyful Noise (I think. It's been awhile since I've listened to the episode and I've never seen the movie)

V) Sleepaway Camp

(By the way, I thought this would only be, like, a four movie poll)

Hackers, because I had a ridiculous hairstyle.

syfy-to-showcase-unscripted-reality-series-about-hackers.jpg

• Like 6

Late-late theory reply, but I just thought of it: Chloe/Cloe's dad ran off with Meredith's mom.

Doll business and classism aside, it would help explain her initial disgust of her. Sure, she thinks Cloe's mother took her doll, and she's not trilled about seeing this girl make eyes at her boyfriend*, but even before Cloe and her friends 'ruin' her second MTV party there's real contempt there. Cloe and her friends want to destroy Meredith's clique system, just like how Cloe's dad destroyed her family unit. For Meredith, Cloe's family has done nothing but take from her. It explains why she needs constant order/control, and why she keeps Paris so worryingly close but pushes people out. Her father, Principal Dimly, a real shell of a person seems to feel pity for Cloe's mother. Why else does he keep hiring this woman who is such a mess professionally? Because their callous spouses ran off together and destroyed five lives in the process. Mrs. Baxter Dimly is only ever brought up as a cold threat, and we don’t talk about what happened with Cloe’s dad, so I believe the two are linked.

*The doll and Cameron are both inconsequential to her, it's only her ownership of them that matters.

• Like 3

Forum question: which movie best represents your teenage experience?

A) Bratz

B ) LOL

C) Abduction

D) I Know Who Killed Me

E) Twilight Saga

F) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze

G) Masters of the Universe

H) Hackers

I) Teen Witch

J) The Covenant

K) Solarbabies

L) The Boy Next Door

M) Vampire Academy

N) Grease 2

O) Airborne

P) Surf Ninjas

Q) Sleepwalkers

R) My Stepmother is an Alien

S) The Wraith (I think...I'm not sure we ever nailed down their ages)

T) Garbage Pail Kids

U) Joyful Noise (I think. It's been awhile since I've listened to the episode and I've never seen the movie)

V) Sleepaway Camp

(By the way, I thought this would only be, like, a four movie poll)

Probably Joyful Noise (despite never having seen it either) because I grew up in a religious household

• Like 1

Confession time: I worked on this movie :(

Some recollections:

-Walking into the Lionsgate building felt like you were selling your soul. Partly because at the time they were known for stinkers like Saw and The Day After Tomorrow, partly because the giant cutout logo greeting you when you entered was the "gear powered gate from hell".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArNzyoD-adk

-Nathalia Ramos was a class act. She came off as the most mature and sophisticated of the bunch. I was floored when I found out she was only 15 at the time (the other girls were 18-21). Under 18 actors puts a whole big list of rules into place, limiting hours available to shoot. Lots of grumbling from higher ups about "damn child labor laws". Anyway, she was the one I had pegged to make it out of the bunch, and looking at her IMDB page now it at least looks like she made it the most.

-Skyler Shaye...cannot...act. You had to see it to believe it. Couldn't get through any lines with proper emotion or inflection. When the director tried, he might as well have been talking an alien language. Eventually they started shooting her parts one line at a time because she couldn't handle anything more at once (no way am I watching the movie to check, but go look at her scenes and see how many times she delivers more than one line per shot). Up until that point they were doing up to 20 takes or more for each couple of her lines, growing more awkward every time as people staring at the floor all thinking the same thing.

I feel bad though because she was actually a very nice person, always acting grateful to everyone for being there. The only reason she gets parts is Jon Voight being her god father. She was in all of the Baby Geniuses movies, also with Jon Voight. I can't think of any of her movies that didn't also have Voight in them. I think him agreeing to be in them is the only way to get her a part.

I'm not proud of this moment in my history, but at the time for work it was either this movie or American Carol so please try to understand and forgive me.

• Like 7