🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 170 - Bratz

Paul was describing the Bratz theme-ish song as being "gospel sounding" but to me it sounded like a dead ringer for "Best of My Love", probably best known as the party music in Boogie Nights.

• Like 3

LFO, Eiffel 65, Lou Bega

In all fairness, though, Eiffel 65 was just a gimmick group. You could draw from a whole pile of analogous Eurodance groups from the 1994-1998 era that you mentioned including Rednex and Aqua.

You mention Lou Bega, I'll raise you Los Del Rio.

• Like 2

FORUM QUESTION: If you were getting married tomorrow, what song would you choose for your first dance?

Clearly, the correct answer is:

• Like 5

FORUM QUESTION: If you were getting married tomorrow, what song would you choose for your first dance?

I'm not dating anyone but I always thought it'd be funny to do it to this one which shows how seriously I would take my wedding.

• Like 4

Paul was describing the Bratz theme-ish song as being "gospel sounding" but to me it sounded like a dead ringer for "Best of My Love", probably best known as the party music in Boogie Nights.

That final song was so slow and anticlimactic and their dancing didn't seem to match the rhythm at all. It really should have been rib cage rattling. Also, it would have been nice to have established favorite music genres for each of the girls - let's say pop, punk, hip hop, and classical- and then incorporated those styles into the closing song. As it was, the song felt very first draft.

• Like 2

I'm not dating anyone but I always thought it'd be funny to do it to this one which shows how seriously I would take my wedding.

Great pick!

True story: 2gether's song "The Hardest Part of Breaking Up" helped me get through the worst heart mangling I've ever lived through. It really didnt apply to the situation at all, but it worked for me at the time.

• Like 2

There wasn't any music at my wedding because I was in charge of the music and was going just set up a playlist and save myself the DJ, and then I knocked my computer off the damn table the day before :/

So, any of these songs would be an improvement, I guess.

If I ever have another wedding, I'll be coming to this board in search of business cards ... any caterers here, perchance?

• Like 6

There wasn't any music at my wedding because I was in charge of the music and was going just set up a playlist and save myself the DJ, and then I knocked my computer off the damn table the day before :/

If I ever have another wedding, I'll be coming to this board in search of business cards ... any caterers here, perchance?

We eloped so...no music here either :)

• Like 3

You could always throw a vow renewal.

We eloped so...no music here either :)

You didn't pack a Zune?

• Like 4

Forum question: which movie best represents your teenage experience?

A) Bratz

B ) LOL

C) Abduction

D) I Know Who Killed Me

E) Twilight Saga

F) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze

G) Masters of the Universe

H) Hackers

I) Teen Witch

J) The Covenant

K) Solarbabies

L) The Boy Next Door

M) Vampire Academy

N) Grease 2

O) Airborne

P) Surf Ninjas

Q) Sleepwalkers

R) My Stepmother is an Alien

S) The Wraith (I think...I'm not sure we ever nailed down their ages)

T) Garbage Pail Kids

U) Joyful Noise (I think. It's been awhile since I've listened to the episode and I've never seen the movie)

V) Sleepaway Camp

(By the way, I thought this would only be, like, a four movie poll)

• Like 6

A) Bratz

B ) LOL

C) Abduction

D) I Know Who Killed Me

E) Twilight Saga

H) Hackers

I) Teen Witch

J) The Covenant

K) Solarbabies

L) The Boy Next Door

M) Vampire Academy

N) Grease 2

O) Airborne

P) Surf Ninjas

Q) Sleepwalkers

T) Garbage Pail Kids

U) Joyful Noise (I think. It's been awhile since I've listened to the episode and I've never seen the movie)

V) Sleepaway Camp

I'll say The Wraith just because I looked like I was 25 years old when I was a freshman.

• Like 4

I have been to so many weddings it is not even funny. By far the most common thing I hear is Disney songs used here. After Frozen came out I went to two weddings that year and both used "Love in an Open Door." For me personally I agree with what Taylor said about it should be something the couple decides upon naturally through something like in toms story or a mutual like. That said my choice would be fun for no one as it would likely be a Japanese song.

That's hard. I don't know which would be closest. A lot of them seem very... same-ish. Maybe Hackers. Or should I say my friends thought they were in Hackers and I was the relative normal one with them which I guess makes me Johnny Lee Miller.

• Like 5

Sleepwalkers because I was a little motherfucker ;)

j/k

I was probably the most like Michael Carrington from Grease 2 (cute, shy, English Lit Nerd). However, my actual High School experience was probably more like Twilight in that it was filled with a lot of dull, forgettable moments punctuated by explosive instances of intense relationships with the wrong people.

• Like 6

A little bit of column B ) LOL

A little bit of column F) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze

Because from my own highschool years I mostly remember the agonizing soap opera that is teenage relationships and a lot of pizza.

• Like 8

Probably Twilight, but the Anna Kendrick character's experience not any of the supernatural stuff

• Like 7

A) Bratz

B ) LOL

C) Abduction

D) I Know Who Killed Me

E) Twilight Saga

H) Hackers

I) Teen Witch

J) The Covenant

K) Solarbabies

L) The Boy Next Door

M) Vampire Academy

N) Grease 2

O) Airborne

P) Surf Ninjas

Q) Sleepwalkers

T) Garbage Pail Kids

V) Sleepaway Camp

Boy Next Door, duh.

I was always buying antique books for old ladies in my town.

• Like 6

Probably Twilight, but the Anna Kendrick character's experience not any of the supernatural stuff

I was going to say Twilight because of the supernatural stuff...

That might have just been puberty making me suddenly look like a werewolf though.

• Like 7

I'm really late listening to this ep but speaking as a 20 year old who saw this film at the cinema when I was 10, I loved it at the time but I don't feel about this the way that people feel about films like Spice World. This was just a kids film that I enjoyed when I watched it as a kid but wouldn't expect to hold up at all.

I also watched the animated series and I can't remember much about it other than I think they worked for a magazine or something, but it had nothing to do with this film so unfortunately we may never know what happened to Chloe's dad.

• Like 6

I have been to so many weddings it is not even funny. By far the most common thing I hear is Disney songs used here. After Frozen came out I went to two weddings that year and both used "Love in an Open Door." For me personally I agree with what Taylor said about it should be something the couple decides upon naturally through something like in toms story or a mutual like. That said my choice would be fun for no one as it would likely be a Japanese song.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43D_nBGfuGY

So does Mr Children get a pass one day of the year in a leap year?

• Like 2

B: LOL - cause my mom raised me on her own and we were at each other's necks a lot during my high school years.

• Like 3

So does Mr Children get a pass one day of the year in a leap year?

Yes. Once every four years you get one day to air all grievances called "a leap purge".

• Like 1